Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How does it work?

• 15-03-2015 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I'm a little unsure of what order the process will work for us in 1405, is the idea that they will complete vetting and then invite the successful ones to do PCA or do they invite us all for PCA and vetting will continue to run in the background (through medical and SMT etc) until they make a decision?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Vetting continues in the background whilst being processed through the remaining stages.

PCA invites, I imagine, will be out over the next couple of weeks whenever PSNI decide on any potential revision of the assessment.

If you pass the PCA, you'll get a medical health questionnaire and a date for the medical will follow along with online learning login details.

Upon completion of all the stages, you're put on to the appointable list and then appointments are made from that based on AC scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

When you look at it like that there could still be a pretty long wait until they start giving out offers! I had a look at that other thread 'recruitment timeline' and it seemed that previous campaigns have in general ran quicker but id assume that's brought on by the budget issues and the potential PCA amendments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭chickidee

I was just looking at another forum and I see that there was a number of transferees from other forces that made it to g'ville last time.

Was our competition open to transferee's this time?

That may make the fight for the 100 places a bit tighter.

If they were in I'd have thought they would have been included in that same merit list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

The transferees weren't involved in either campaign one or two, instead they go through an internal type of competition.
    When you look at it like that there could still be a pretty long wait until they start giving out offers! I had a look at that other thread 'recruitment timeline' and it seemed that previous campaigns have in general ran quicker but id assume that's brought on by the budget issues and the potential PCA amendments

At very least, three months until any start date. That would be a month's notice for PCA dates, one month for online learning (with medical during that month) and then four-six weeks notice upon the offer.

I'm in that first batch being processed, so I'd love for it to be quicker, but I'm setting myself up to expect a lengthy wait.

• Advertisement

I'm in the first batch also- even at that they won't take the full 100 in together they will be in groups about 5 weeks apart from what I've read, feeling hopeful!

Advertisement