Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile coverage of late

Options
  • 15-03-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

since the 02/3 mobile merger a week or so ago my 3 mobile coverage which was fine till then has become PATCHY at times...might be my phone just wondering if others had same problem...have changed the sim as it was 18 months old but still having a problem at times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

since the 02/3 mobile merger a week or so ago my 3 mobile coverage which was fine till then has become PATCHY at times...might be my phone just wondering if others had same problem...have changed the sim as it was 18 months old but still having a problem at times

Some people on the talk to 3 forum have reported issues. I have had none myself. What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

My home indoor coverage with o2 was just about ok, would get between 0/5 and 4/5 mostly hovering at 3/5. It would occasionally break up on calls (garbled incoming voice).

Since the rebrand to 3, I'm getting a lot more breaking up on calls, and a massive increase in straight-to-voicemail.

At 3's suggestion I did a network settings reset in iOS, this had no effect. I'm considering moving networks for the first time in a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Yeah I've noticed a drop in signal strength, going from 4-5 bar indoors to only 3 bars. Happens at work & home in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Some people on the talk to 3 forum have reported issues. I have had none myself. What part of the country are you in?

West Wicklow ...South County Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

West Wicklow ...South County Dublin area

Im in south dublin, city and meath. Thankfully i haven't had an issue with coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I've had issues with extremely (and unusually) slow data performance sicne the merger. But strangely it is not happening everyday.

I suspect they are still doing a lot of work to merge the networks and are sometimes disabling part of of infrastructure in the process.

As mentioned above, there is a thread about this in their support forum: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057391485

How many mobile phone company networks are there in Ireland now? If moving from 3/o2, are there choices other than Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Trojan wrote: »
    How many mobile phone company networks are there in Ireland now? If moving from 3/o2, are there choices other than Vodafone?

Basically:

- Three/O2/48 are all the same. Tesco Mobile is half owned by Three and is using the old O2 network (to be merged with Three's)

- Meteor/eMobile are the same

- Vodafone

And then you have a few small virtual operators such as Lyca Mobile or An Post but I don't expect any of these to gain much traction.

I haven't heard good things at all about Meteors network outside of cities (I'm in west Mayo).

Are there any resellers on the Vodafone infrastructure, or is it just them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Trojan wrote: »
    I haven't heard good things at all about Meteors network outside of cities (I'm in west Mayo).

Are there any resellers on the Vodafone infrastructure, or is it just them?

Meteor are improving a good bit since the launch of the eMobile brand, they used to be extremely poor - even in cities - up until a few years ago.

PostFone resell Vodafone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement