Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Applegreen and Mcdonalds for Naas

Options
  • 15-03-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭

Heard through the grapevine today that the construction adjacent to the Tesco Extra site in Naas is for Applegreen Station and McDonald's Drive Thru.

Can't find anything on the net associated with it though....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

check out kildare county council planning area online
    go to the map part find the location and click on the planning dots the details are all there.
    http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/OnlineServices/OnlinePlanningEnquiries/

I find using Internet explorer the best way to look on that site.

I find it awkward to link unfortunately to certain planning applications
    and a good few planning applications for that site,
    including Tesco looking for planning for a petrol station,
    also the guy building the McDonalds, was looking for the adjoining site to build another fast food outlet, so more than likely a KFC.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well the first building now has some golden arches on top..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Maybe its this :D

ls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Was really hoping this was gonna be a Burger King.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Was really hoping it would be anything but a McDonald's. Shame they didn't give planning peemission for tesco petrol station aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Was really hoping it would be anything but a McDonald's. Shame they didn't give planning peemission for tesco petrol station aswell.

why? - Tesco normally charge higher prices for fuel than other stations and has a second rate retail offering.

I'm in Killarney regularly - Tesco fuel last Friday was 1.419 for petrol and 1.309 for diesel. 15 minutes away in Killorglin, petrol was 1.379 and diesel 1.239.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

When's the new McDonalds opening? Was in Tesco today and it seemed to be nearly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

Johner wrote: »
    When's the new McDonalds opening? Was in Tesco today and it seemed to be nearly done.
    Opening on 30th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

mazcon wrote: »
    Opening on 30th September.

Is there still one on/near the main street? will that be closed, I wonder?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Is there still one on/near the main street? will that be closed, I wonder?
    No plans to close the one on main street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just curious does anyone know when the McDonald's on the Main Street was put in? I was thinking around 1997?

pad199207 wrote: »
    Just curious does anyone know when the McDonald's on the Main Street was put in? I was thinking around 1997?
    It was June 1998. I remember because I was heavily pregnant at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

It was June 1998. I remember because I was heavily pregnant at the time :)

ah right! Not far off so!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Is the guy who owns the one in popular square opening the new one?

beertons wrote: »
    Is the guy who owns the one in popular square opening the new one?
    Yeah he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah he is.

He owns the one in Newbridge as well. Mad to think he started out with a chip van.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

guil wrote: »
    He owns the one in Newbridge as well. Mad to think he started out with a chip van.

He won the lotto, didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

beertons wrote: »
    He won the lotto, didn't he?

Maybe he did, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

McD's opened today. Advertised as 24/7 opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I think most of them are, drive thru anyway. The ones in liffey valley and newbridge and lucan are all 24x7

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I think most of them are, drive thru anyway. The ones in liffey valley and newbridge and lucan are all 24x7
    Newbridge isn't open 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Newbridge open from 6am-12am. Think they looked for 24hours but due to residential properties nearby it was refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

With regard to the Applegreen garage, it is proposed to be located where the old concrete pipes factory used to be on the way into Naas from Dublin. According to a local councillor planning is at an advanced stage.

As for a Tesco petrol station no chance. This was stopped by councillor Darren Scully when Tesco applied for planning for the retail complex a couple of years ago, citing traffic issues on the local (Monread) road as the reason apparently.

Anyway just a point of note. The Topaz garage on the Sallins Road accepts the Tesco fuel vouchers.

Are there other plans afoot for in around the new McDonald's? They've certainly laid down more road than needed for the McDonald's making it look they have plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Bit of a nightmare at the new McDonalds at the moment

It seems people can't grasp the concept of order food, get number, when number is called collect food

Some young one arguing when 36 was called and she had 60 but 36 had the same thing as she had ordered :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I saw the queue for the drivethru on Saturday - it looked a nightmare!

I wouldn't like to see it if a second fast food place arrives, as it is reported that KFC may be also going there. It was shown as a potential location on a Channel 4 programme earlier this year.

And you think it's bad now?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cunnijo wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to see it if a second fast food place arrives, as it is reported that KFC may be also going there. It was shown as a potential location on a Channel 4 programme earlier this year.

And you think it's bad now?

Two things I'd imagine will be in play:

1: KFC isn't anywhere near as popular
    2: There's always a [pointless] excitement factor about a new drivethrough which will die off

L1011 wrote: »
    Two things I'd imagine will be in play:

1: KFC isn't anywhere near as popular
    2: There's always a [pointless] excitement factor about a new drivethrough which will die off

I totally agree. Things will die down once the novelty factor of a new drive thru McDonalds passes. As you say KFC is not as popular but however the madness will return if it too opens (but for a lot shorter time).

• Advertisement

Irish syndrome of having no idea has kicked in big time now on that roundabout with people not using correct lanes and having no idea were there indicator I'd :mad:
    Bit of a nightmare at the new McDonalds at the moment

It seems people can't grasp the concept of order food, get number, when number is called collect food

Some young one arguing when 36 was called and she had 60 but 36 had the same thing as she had ordered :rolleyes:

They do a ticket system in McDonald's now? :eek:

Advertisement