Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Applegreen and Mcdonalds for Naas

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

Irish syndrome of having no idea has kicked in big time now on that roundabout with people not using correct lanes and having no idea were there indicator I'd :mad:

They do a ticket system in McDonald's now? :eek:

Just in the new one. You order at the till or one of the self-service booths, you get an order number and wait at the collection point for you order. Like Argos but with burgers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

mazcon wrote: »
    Just in the new one. You order at the till or one of the self-service booths, you get an order number and wait at the collection point for you order. Like Argos but with burgers :)

Dublin Airport beside topaz aswell

All the new ones are using this system I think, I just meant the old store in Naas doesn't use it (yet anyway :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Its a good system as you get the paying bit out of the way more efficiently

Now if the staff could get the orders out in order all would be grand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Good jobs boost for the area but does a McDonalds seriously need 112 employees to run a single outlet? It must be a massive restaurant!!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/mcdonalds-creates-112-new-jobs-in-kildare-705782.html

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    Good jobs boost for the area but does a McDonalds seriously need 112 employees to run a single outlet? It must be a massive restaurant!!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/mcdonalds-creates-112-new-jobs-in-kildare-705782.html

They seem to be flat out all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would be a lot of part time staff - no way are there 112 FTE roles there.

However, a busy branch can need 12-15 people per shift easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Now if the staff could get the orders out in order all would be grand :rolleyes:

That's a daft statement. If you order three Big Macs, two happy meals and the accompanying bits and pieces while I order a simple cheesburger meal just for me, of course mine is going to be ready first. Add in the fact that some items are simply not cooked or assembled yet, and orders will always be out of sync.

tallpaul wrote: »
    That's a daft statement. If you order three Big Macs, two happy meals and the accompanying bits and pieces while I order a simple cheesburger meal just for me, of course mine is going to be ready first. Add in the fact that some items are simply not cooked or assembled yet, and orders will always be out of sync.

I get what you are saying but one day I was there and a guy ordered just an apple pie, you could see them ready to go on the pass, he waited as 10 orders after him were sent out first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

ongarboy wrote: »

24 hours a day, 7 days a week = 168 hours, so one employment position requires 4.5 full time staff.

So with a mix of full time and part-time, very easy to get to 112 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I get what you are saying but one day I was there and a guy ordered just an apple pie, you could see them ready to go on the pass, he waited as 10 orders after him were sent out first

Well that is ridiculous! He was a bigger eejit to wait that patiently. I sure as well wouldn't have!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭jamfer

tallpaul wrote: »
    Well that is ridiculous! He was a bigger eejit to wait that patiently. I sure as well wouldn't have!

And that there is why they switched to the numbering system. They get your cash fast by removing the queue between the door and the till. Once you've paid your option of walking out the door because of a long wait time is gone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Why did they take the McDonalds from Naas town centre and move it out to the edge with a drive thru? Bad town planning IMO but free market profiteering trumps the common good every time in this country...The same thing happened in Sligo.

Don't get me wrong - I love the occasional McDs, but putting it at the edge of the town disadvantages those who don't have access to car transport; creates traffic congestion and further sucks commercial life out of the town centre.

Anyhow isn't Naas now big enough to support two McDonalds? And if I was planning a MaccyDs on the edge of Naas, I'd locate it in a services directly on or just off the DC, not beside a big Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I happen to know that that particular McDonald's is the best performing McDonald's in Leinster, if not the whole of Ireland. So unfortunately while I agree with you that it has drawn away from the town centre, the location is perfect for the business. They should look at a second spot in the town though

Flibble wrote: »
    I happen to know that that particular McDonald's is the best performing McDonald's in Leinster, if not the whole of Ireland. So unfortunately while I agree with you that it has drawn away from the town centre, the location is perfect for the business. They should look at a second spot in the town though
    The sales in the town one plummeted once the Monread one opened. In fairness to the franchisee he tried to keep it open for about 18 months after Monread opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,070 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

mazcon wrote: »
    The sales in the town one plummeted once the Monread one opened. In fairness to the franchisee he tried to keep it open for about 18 months after Monread opened.

Was it not the same person who owned both?

Makes sense where it is, gets traffic out of an already congested town centre and plenty of space and parking available which isn't in the town centre, it's no wonder it's extremely busy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Was it not the same person who owned both?

Makes sense where it is, gets traffic out of an already congested town centre and plenty of space and parking available which isn't in the town centre, it's no wonder it's extremely busy.
    Yes, same guy. He also has Newbridge and a few in Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

On plus side, makes it harder for Kids to get a Maccy D's which is no bad thing in this day and age.

Advertisement