Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shooting for rabbit in Dublin / wicklow / kildare

• 15-03-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    Myself and my father have land permission in Dublin near where we live and have been shooting rabbit for a few years.
    The land we use is huge, but plagued by guys jumping the fences and snaring. The dogs, walking around and general commotion is making the odd rabbit shot a nuisance. Plus we have had heated run ins.
    Is there anyone in Dublin, kildare or wicklow that would be happy to give land permission to two responsible guys with small bore .17 rifles?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭sniperman

ninjadub wrote: »
    Hi
    Myself and my father have land permission in Dublin near where we live and have been shooting rabbit for a few years.
    The land we use is huge, but plagued by guys jumping the fences and snaring. The dogs, walking around and general commotion is making the odd rabbit shot a nuisance. Plus we have had heated run ins.
    Is there anyone in Dublin, kildare or wicklow that would be happy to give land permission to two responsible guys with small bore .17 rifles?

Thanks
    dont think you will get to many offering their permissions for you to shoot on,few lads have asked similar,i evan offered to do free painting/decorating,got no one,anyhow good luck;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ninjadub

Just looking back on this. Back to gun renewal time and I'm not sure I'm going to bother. Only clubs I know of are pheasant based and require the shotguns then. I have always had a small rifle, 0.17HMR so not suitable for any birds (they'll take my membership money however :-D )
    Also with no-one buying 2nd hand guns I have a feeling its gonna be a case of surrendering it to be broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Sell the guns here, if that's the case, but why not join the gun club and venture into the world of shotgunning and bird hunting. You could always use the .17 for vermin control on the club lands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

ninjadub wrote: »
    Just looking back on this. Back to gun renewal time and I'm not sure I'm going to bother. Only clubs I know of are pheasant based and require the shotguns then. I have always had a small rifle, 0.17HMR so not suitable for any birds (they'll take my membership money however :-D )
    Can you not still be a member and shoot the vermin? If the club is bird orientated then you might be a blessing for them to control vermin where they don't bother with it.
    Also with no-one buying 2nd hand guns I have a feeling its gonna be a case of surrendering it to be broken.
    Absolutely not.

If you cannot be bothered to sell then may i suggest you donate it to someone, but second hand guns are a good size of the market the last few years with lads looking for quality firearms without the new price tag.

As Cookimonster said stick up a for sale advert and try sell it here first. If you need help with selling it, via the forum, contact myself or one of the other mods and we'll walk you through the process.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
Advertisement