Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ariel Pink

Options
  • 15-03-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Any fans on boards?

Easily my favourite artist I've discovered in the last few years. For all his provocative comments (he knows exactly what he's doing) about loving paedophiles "the way jesus loves paedophiles" or being called a misogynist for criticizing Madonna (she is a awful attention seeking robot, lets face it) the dude can write songs. I actually really like when music people are not ordinary joe soaps. His Before Today album has become come a top 10 favourite album for me. Mature Themes was patchy but had great moments. His latest Pom Pom also has 3 or 4 songs I could do without, but overall it's GREAT. He has the perfect mix of pop catchiness filtered through some genuine weirdness. There's pathos in there, odd humour and a real knack for melody. Kudos also to his Haunted Graffitti band, they're not exactly virtuosos but play great together as a unit and have perfected a strange mix 80's kitsch with progressive rock time signatures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

I have "House Arrest" and "Before Today", both I recommend, especially Before Today. I've heard his new one Pom Pom, but wasn't too smitten, will revisit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

I've requested Ariel Pink on TXFM a few times. They never play any of his stuff.
    His latest single is one of the best songs I've heard in ages. One of the best videos as well.

"I'm a broadway Kurt Cobain, clap your hands I'm coming back again"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leonh74

Has anyone ever seen the video of round and round mixed with the John Travolta film perfect? I can't post the URL because I'm a new user but I can't help but laugh any time I watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

leonh74 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen the video of round and round mixed with the John Travolta film perfect? I can't post the URL because I'm a new user but I can't help but laugh any time I watch.

Not bad. There is a really good "unofficial" video for the song Lipstick. It uses footage from a 1980 horror called maniac. Works really well. Quiet gruesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhdgGWIqL4U

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Andy.Kupp87

Ariel Pink is great 'Baby' and 'Round and Round' are absolute gems. You ever seen him live??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,278 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ariel Pink is great 'Baby' and 'Round and Round' are absolute gems. You ever seen him live??

2 years old

Advertisement