Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread sh1tting

Options
  • 16-03-2015 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

A nice definition of this on urban dictionary....anyway should there be a crackdown on unhelpful, non constructive contributions to a thread?

" this thread is Pointless"
    "another bleedin __ thread "
    " neither/none" with no explanation when asked to choose between two or more options

Is it just a classic case of if you have nothing good to say..say nothing at all?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They might be saying the thread is pointless or we've had enough of these type of threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Every thread and every post within that thread is a bump and something for visitors to click on. Every click is more exposure to ads for users which is more revenue for the website. Really admins/mods should be looking to be as lenient with moderating forums as possible and only remove ones that are strictly breaking rules. Really makes no sense to me, from a business point of view, why some mods are so hasty to close threads and remove posts on here. Easily known they're not paid for their work lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,557 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Every thread and every post within that thread is a bump and something for visitors to click on. Every click is more exposure to ads for users which is more revenue for the website. Really admins/mods should be looking to be as lenient with moderating forums as possible and only remove ones that are strictly breaking rules. Really makes no sense to me, from a business point of view, why some mods are so hasty to close threads and remove posts on here. Easily known they're not paid for their work lol.

You have a business

It has a core of regular customers

Some other customers come in ranting and shouting and being in general dicks.

Do you leave the dicks to make things uncomfortable for your regulars or do you remove them?

You have a business

It has a core of regular customers

Some other customers come in ranting and shouting and being in general dicks.

Do you leave the dicks to make things uncomfortable for your regulars or do you remove them?

Hate analogies,usually not relevant and deviate from the point.

kneemos wrote: »
    Hate analogies,usually not relevant and deviate from the point.

Yet it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If the site ever went down the road as you describe above then I for one would be taking my unpaid work LOL elsewhere.

OP it is a pain alright. Report the posts and see if the mods will act. Some people (not pointing at anyone in particular) just have nothing to add to a civil discussion site and rather just act the dick.

Yet it's true.

Comparing people coming face to face ranting and raving and those on a website?

Yeah identical.

kneemos wrote: »
    Comparing people coming face to face ranting and raving and those on a website?

Yeah identical.

No

i'm comparing people making a business uncomfortable for other customers. Do you allow them to drive off you core base of customers with their behaviour or do you do something about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Report posts that you find offensive/off-topic/threadshîtting. Let the mods see a pattern being built up, and a tangible 'problem' or poster to deal with.

Advertisement