Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Lodgement Information

Options
  • 16-03-2015 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Might be missing something but can't find the information I need on your website. I've never had to bag my coins (although I did so out of courtesy to the bank teller) or adhere to a schedule of 'coin lodgement hours' so bear with me... Are the hours and days tues and friday, 10am to 12pm? Can it be in any bag or must I get some from the bank itself? What are the charges for this - 2%? I assuming this means I can only lodge into an account and not get cash directly? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi grivoise, 

Thanks you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

Our branches have recently extended the coin lodgement hours. Business customers can now avail of this service on the first and last business day of every week (generally Monday and Friday) in addition to the existing time of 10am to 12pm on Tuesdays. 

Coin service will also be available to personal customers and charities during normal cashier service times from Monday through to Friday. 

All coin lodgements must be fully bagged and in the correct denominations and will be lodged into your account. 

You can find details of the fees and charges for over the counter assisted transactions here on our website. 

If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Keozer

I've searched many threads about coin lodgements and any answers re costs keep posting link to charges for current account. Can anyone tell me if they charge for lodging to deposit accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Keozer wrote: »
    I've searched many threads about coin lodgements and any answers re costs keep posting link to charges for current account. Can anyone tell me if they charge for lodging to deposit accounts?
    Hi Keozer,

Thanks for your post.

There are no charges on your deposit account for making over the counter lodgements to the account

Please note that some deposit accounts can only receive payments via Direct debit, this will depend on the account type.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Advertisement