Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann Ticket Checks at Dublin Airport?

• 16-03-2015 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

On my travels with Bus Eireann I regularly pass through Dublin Airport since the bus stops there on the way. Multiple times Ticket inspectors boarded the bus at the airport to check everyone's tickets. This is strange since the bus is small and we can't get on without buying a ticket from the driver anyway.

I can't really think of any way you could get on the bus for free without having a fake ticket, but these inspectors don't even check if the ticket is genuine, they just see it in your hand and move on.

I also noticed the few times it happened it took a while for them to leave because they would end up having a serious talk with one of the bus passengers for 10 minutes or more. Then they leave and the bus moves on.

what are these guys really up to? and please no dumb conspiracy theories.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Could be checks on free travel passes and that pre-printed tickets are valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It may be to make sure (a) people aren't using tickets to Dublin (city centre) to travel as far as the airport and (b) make sure visitors have the right ticket / bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Victor wrote: »
    It may be to make sure (a) people aren't using tickets to Dublin (city centre) to travel as far as the airport and (b) make sure visitors have the right ticket / bus.

(c) checking the driver isin't taking the cash and telling to customer to go ahead pocketing it for himself.

Advertisement