Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripping of power switch during night billing switch (account no. <snip>)

Options
  • 16-03-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi ,
    I am having this strange issue for last couple of nights. When night billing starts(around 11.30 pm),
    my power switch got tripped off and it can not be switched on till day time billing starts (around 7.30 am)
    which is causing all connections going OFF except bulbs and my cooking plates. I can switch it on only after day time billing starts . This is affecting me a lot.
    Please let me know how to fix this.
    regards
    Hrishikesh <snip>

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

TuamIndian, I have removed your personal details from the post. If the reps need this information, they will ask you to send a private message (PM) with the information. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi tuamIndian,

Thanks for your post.

Do you have night storage heaters installed? If you do, it sounds as though they may be causing the fuse board to trip, as they would be synced to come on only during the night time hours. This would explain why you can switch the trips back up once the day time hours reactivate.

You would need to get an independent electrical contractor to have a look at this (see here if you need help finding one). We would only be able to send a technician out if the timeswitch or meter was faulty.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tuamIndian

Hi David,
    Thanks for the information, i will double check today (this is happening from last couple of nights, earlier everything was fine). Also the link for independent electrical contractor is not opening.
    regards
    Hrishikesh

You're welcome tuamIndian. That link should now work.

If there's anything else we can help with please do get in touch.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tuamIndian

Hi David,
    Thanks for the information, i will double check today (this is happening from last couple of nights, earlier everything was fine). Also the link for independent electrical contractor is not opening.
    regards
    Hrishikesh

• Advertisement

Hi tuamIndian,

I'm not sure if the above was double-posted in error - can you confirm the link is working for you now? I'll post it again for convenience here.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement