Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fried board

Options
  • 16-03-2015 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi everyone.Connected wrong power supply to my Pipo x7 last night which resulted in one of the chips frying.Any ideas where i could get this fixed?Its an intel based box.Intel 3736F quad core tv box.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

The cost of repair/diagnostics could very well exceed the cost of the original board. You could also have lifted tracks, blown resistors/caps/fets etc. Just replacing one part is no guarantee that it will fix the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

degsie wrote: »
    The cost of repair/diagnostics could very well exceed the cost of the original board. You could also have lifted tracks, blown resistors/caps/fets etc. Just replacing one part is no guarantee that it will fix the board.

Sick as a little Hospital over it.Took six weeks to come from china and i only have it 2 weeks.Seems to be only one chip burned.Would love to be able to get it fixed locally but have no idea where this could be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bozharry1 wrote: »
    Sick as a little Hospital over it.Took six weeks to come from china and i only have it 2 weeks.Seems to be only one chip burned.Would love to be able to get it fixed locally but have no idea where this could be fixed.

How have you identified the damaged chip?

Even if you have correctly identified the chip in question, sourcing a new one and replacing is not a trivial job. It would easily cost more than the entire value of the device.

:(

How have you identified the damaged chip?

Even if you have correctly identified the chip in question, sourcing a new one and replacing is not a trivial job. It would easily cost more than the entire value of the device.

:(

Thanks for the help everyone.Off now to stick my head in the oven

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you might find some fried chips in there as well :D

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    you might find some fried chips in there as well :D

Very funny haha

Advertisement