Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Up to 25% Off our Car Insurance Quote!

Options
  • 16-03-2015 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Get up to 25% off your car insurance quote and pay monthly at no extra cost. 
    Find out more here

OMI000572---Car-Insurance-Web-Banner_708x304[v01].jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MissM89

Find out more here

I just tried to get a quote - put in all of my details and was told I couldnt get a quote at this time! Not exactly helpful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

MissM89 wrote: »
    Find out more here

I just tried to get a quote - put in all of my details and was told I couldnt get a quote at this time! Not exactly helpful!!!
    Hi MissM89

Really sorry to hear this. Have you attempted it again? We've checked it's working this morning. We'll certainly send this onto our Insurance Team. 

Please do contact us if you have any further difficulties.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Took me 4 page reloads to get it to work (Got session expired for the other 3)

A good quote but not cheaper than my renewal, about the same actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Took me 4 page reloads to get it to work (Got session expired for the other 3)

A good quote but not cheaper than my renewal, about the same actually.
    Hi witnessmenow,

Thanks for your feedback, we'll pass this on to our Insurance Team.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Session expired the first three times.

The next three times I got

"Sorry, there has been a technical issue. Please restart the quotation process again or alternatively please call 1890 604 604 for a quote."

Gave up then when it wouldn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

NeoRox wrote: »
    Session expired the first three times.

The next three times I got

"Sorry, there has been a technical issue. Please restart the quotation process again or alternatively please call 1890 604 604 for a quote."

Gave up then when it wouldn't work.
    Hi NeoRox, 

Thanks for your post.

Apologies the link to 'Get a quote' has been amended and is working perfectly now.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Tried twice. Technical issue both times. Be nice if you could make these things work properly before you get people to waste time filling them out. Took quite a bit of time too. Grrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Sham Squire,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty getting a quote online. We'll have our Tech Team look into this.

If you would like to send us a private message with your phone number we'll be happy to arrange for an Advisor to call you for a quote?

To send a private message, please click on my signature below.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

This seems to be the case with any online quote - 'whoops! technical fault' is what they all say it seems, even after all the time spent filling in the forms.  They really want you to call them, or get them to do a call-back (recommended to save bucks on the phone bill).

But, upon a call-back request, I have to say I've gotten the best deal so far - I have an account with BOI so I get that discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi ElusiveHaggis,

Thanks for your post here and we're delighted to hear you're happy with the quote you received. If there's anything else we can help you with here, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

Hi ElusiveHaggis,

Thanks for your post here and we're delighted to hear you're happy with the quote you received. If there's anything else we can help you with here, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    The next winning lottery numbers? ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Will this be getting extended past yesterday? It's still active on the website but also still states "31/03/16". The insurance team cannot even guarantee quotes past one day, so I do not want to go out and open a bank account to improve my insurance price only for rates to skyrocket again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

brainiac wrote: »
    Will this be getting extended past yesterday? It's still active on the website but also still states "31/03/16". The insurance team cannot even guarantee quotes past one day, so I do not want to go out and open a bank account to improve my insurance price only for rates to skyrocket again.
    Hi brainiac, 

Thanks for your post. 

Yes this offer is being extended until the 30th June our team will be updating this on the website asap. Our Car Insurance quotes hold for 24hours. If you would like us to arrange a call to you from our Car Insurance team, please let us know in a private message. You can send a Private Message by clicking the link in my signature. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

same thing is happening to me..

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry we can’t give you a quote online but with a few more details, let's see what we can do.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feel free to call us on 1890 604 604 from 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
    Or simply Request a Callback and we’ll contact you

Annoying :([/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

shakencat wrote: »
    same thing is happening to me..

[font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry we can’t give you a quote online but with a few more details, let's see what we can do.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feel free to call us on 1890 604 604 from 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
    Or simply Request a Callback and we’ll contact you

Annoying :([/font]
    Sorry shakencat, I got your PM and I'll look after this for you. 
    Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kh8

is driving of other cars for over 25 or can under 25 drive other cars 2 i got 2 diffrent answers from BOI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

kh8 wrote: »
    is driving of other cars for over 25 or can under 25 drive other cars 2 i got 2 diffrent answers from BOI
    Good Morning kh8, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

Would you like to PM us and we can arrange a callback from one of our insurance reps to go through this with you? 
    Click on the link below my name with your name and contact and I will arrange this for you. Apologies for any confusion caused. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Good Morning kh8, 

Would you like to PM us and we can arrange a callback from one of our insurance reps to go through this with you? 
    Click on the link below my name with your name and contact and I will arrange this for you. Apologies for any confusion caused. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    what is er query number  i had it in my phone and lost it is 01 number thanks

Good Morning kh8, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    what is er query number  i had it in my phone and lost it is 01 number thanks
    Hi kh8

Thanks for getting in touch today.

You can contact 0818 200 363 and select option 2 for Car Insurance and then option 2 again if it's existing business.

We hope this helps, feel free to contact us again for any further queries.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Good Morning kh8, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    what is er query number  i had it in my phone and lost it is 01 number thanksbtb
    Hi kh8

You can contact 0818 200 363 and select option 2 for Car Insurance and then option 2 again if it's existing business.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    but i had an 01  number for queries i cant ring 0818 numbers it was something like 01160  duno the rest of it

• Advertisement

Good Morning kh8, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    what is er query number  i had it in my phone and lost it is 01 number thanksbtb
    Hi kh8

Many Thanks
    Alison
    but i had an 01  number for queries i cant ring 0818 numbers it was something like 01160  duno the rest of it
    Sorry, you can ring this number here- 01 2901 965. 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Alison 

Good Morning kh8, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Hi kh8

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Sorry, you can ring this number here- 01 2901 965. 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Alison 
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭maldini

Hi,
    I just bought car insurance online and got my email reply straight away saying to print and sign the attached proposal form.
    It would appear there is no such form attached  :O
    Can someone check this for me?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

maldini wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just bought car insurance online and got my email reply straight away saying to print and sign the attached proposal form.
    It would appear there is no such form attached  :O
    Can someone check this for me?

thanks
    Good Afternoon maldini, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 
    If you would like to forward me your details I will have someone give you a call and arrange for the email to be sent again, alternatively you can call them on 0818200334. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Evie 

hi just got my insurance disc and i cant seem to find driving of other cars on it as i was told by 3 people that i have it and i was told by another that ive to be over 25 and told by another today that they dont offer that on tpft only fully comp it says on the booklet driving of other cars policyholder only third party cover only is there any chance you could find out for me thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

hi just got my insurance disc and i cant seem to find driving of other cars on it as i was told by 3 people that i have it and i was told by another that ive to be over 25 and told by another today that they dont offer that on tpft only fully comp it says on the booklet driving of other cars policyholder only third party cover only is there any chance you could find out for me thanks
    Hi kh8,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

As certain factors can vary with each policy we’d recommend you call our Insurance team on 0818 200 363 in relation to this, apologies we are unable to give you a specific answer to your query here on Boards.ie.

Thank you,

Tara C 

Advertisement