Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd, 22nd March, 1.30pm K/O

• 16-03-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Right lads, just to stop potential back and forth cat calling and whinging, this match thread will be opend up on the morning of the game.

I hope you can all appreciate the level of moderation these matches usually take and I'd ask now for anybody intending to use the thread to be careful in what they post before, during and after the game but thats probably going to fall on deaf ears considering what could be at stake. :pac:

Anyway, depending on how the thread develops, it maybe closed shortly after the game as we've also got the Clasico on Sunday night that could potentially split the forum and cause issues and we dont want to have to card or ban half the forum in one day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thread open, I shouldnt have to repeat it and its probably not going to be listened too entirely but try be civil lads.

Ye'll only have yereselves to blame if ye get carded/banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

About fecking time.

Not that I have anything constructive to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Let the good times roll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Our Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Should be fun in here today definetly apply the count to ten rule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

*stocks up on popcorn*

2-1 to the Pool

Liamalone wrote: »
    *stocks up on popcorn*

2-1 to the Pool

If United play like we did last week I can see us nicking it. In saying that I would happily take a draw today.

Both teams won't be too upset with a draw particularly Utd.

First goal is key.

The 4th place trophy awaits.

Good luck all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Probably a united win, I think they've a bit more quality in their side compared to Liverpool. A win for united will probably tie up the top 4 too.

1-2 united win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I hate this fixture more than any, it's been so long since we played half decent at Anfield. I would take draw without any doubt, hopefully we get at least a point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is it kick off time yet????? No????? I'm going back to bed so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In before Armegeddon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

If United play like we did last week I can see us nicking it. In saying that I would happily take a draw today.

And yet if they play anything like they did in the two months previous that game, they will get hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

As long as the ref has a terrible game I will be happy. As a neutral, this game is like christmas day on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

And yet if they play anything like they did in the two months previous that game, they will get hammered.
    That's my fear as well. As a United fan I know if we play like we did against Tottenham, especially in the first 45, we can win. However, if we play like we did against Arsenal in the FA Cup it is going to be a very long day. This match won't decide 3rd/4th place but if Liverpool win they have an easier run-in so it will help them more. United need to not lose, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

3-1 Liverpool. Skrtl to repel fellani and the route 1 nonsense...Sturridge to dance his way home....

...provided ref doesn't ruin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

I reckon if Liverpool score more goals than Man Utd, they will win the game, if they score less then they will lose, but on the other hand if no team score, or each team score the same amount of goals as each other, your looking at a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

pebbles21 wrote: »
    I reckon if Liverpool score more goals than Man Utd, they will win the game, if they score less then they will lose, but on the other hand if no team score, or each team score the same amount of goals as each other, your looking at a draw.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    In before Armegeddon.

Not even Bruce Willis could save this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Looking forward to see the atmosphere! And the bill and bob banner !!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to see the atmosphere! And the bill and bob banner !!

Possibly the most non offensive banner of all time.

Also, probably forgetting one of the Utd managers was a Liverpool captain!

And people wonder why some football fans are viewed as dim!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Hoping for a draw to keep the chasing pack further away from Arsenal. If someone has to win I want it to be Liverpool as they are further behind. I have a sneaky suspicion that Man Utd will nick a late winner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The nerves are going to be shattered come tomorrow morning, from the Rugby yesterday and this today.

This is what it's all about lads and lasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

The nerves are going to be shattered come tomorrow morning, from the Rugby yesterday and this today.

This is what it's all about lads and lasses.

Delayed reaction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd need to at least maintain the tempo of play, with and without the ball, of last week against Spurs to have a chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Won't somebody think of the childr eh mods!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

tumblr_nc7ixibyvF1r3z1j3o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Very hard to call this one. United were very good against spurs but could very easily revert back to shît. Liverpool have been goin well but I don't think they have been as convincing in recent weeks.

Scored draw is my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

As a Utd fan I have not enjoyed this fixture in recent years. Will be happy with a draw but I think Liverpool will want it more and will nick it. Utd Players seem to be too nervous when visiting Anfield last few years and with the way Utd have being playing the last 2 seasons you kind of know what to expect unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Today is the day we reassert our dominance over Liverpool. We'll win this by at least a clear 2 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Bit pessimistic re our chances today. Liverpool are the form team and unsure if the Spurs result was a blip in our otherwise hardly set the world on fire form. It would be great to nick the win although I'd happily settle for a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Think Utd will be set up today to not lose the match. Hopefully catch liverpool out on the counter.
    1-0 utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Draw written all over this. A sending off and a good few yellow cards for good measure. Liverpool are in form but utd have just found form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's easier for Utd to win it now.

What I mean is if they draw this, they'll have to match Liverpool in the remaining fixtures. If you assume that they'll do about the same in the common matches, then Utd have to go and beat City.

Easier to just beat Liverpool and go two results ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Damien360 wrote: »
    Draw written all over this. A sending off and a good few yellow cards for good measure. Liverpool are in form but utd have just found form.

Finding form is playing well for 1 game???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

gosplan wrote: »
    It's easier for Utd to win it now.

What I mean is if they draw this, they'll have to match Liverpool in the remaining fixtures. If you assume that they'll do about the same in the common matches, then Utd have to go and beat City.

Easier to just beat Liverpool and go two results ahead.

Easier to beat City at home than Liverpool at Anfield. We might lose to both but I would always back ManUtd against any team at Old trafford and by a huge margin if we compare it with away to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hopefully United won't sh1t themselves like they did last season,at least now we are giving up less chances in games but the first 20 minutes are key,Liverpool will start like demons so we'll need to combat that and then play our own game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Great day ahead for the neutrals, I'm hoping for a high scoring draw :) that or a united win as I think overall liverpool are a greater threat to arsenals chances of automatic CL qualification.
    Having said that I am always happy to see united lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

rob316 wrote: »
    Finding form is playing well for 1 game???

The clue is in the words.... finding form. Having just found ! Don't be so bloody grumpy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No bans yet? Disappointing to be honest. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Paully D wrote: »
    No bans yet? Disappointing to be honest. :pac:
    This thread could well end up very, er, "interesting" later on. A draw will be ideal, but goes somewhat against the grain. The default setting for me is to want United to lose whenever they play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sickeningly nervous.

Heart says United win.

Head says Liverpool win.

If we lose then we can kiss CL goodbye for this season.

Liverpool lose and they are very much up against it for CL qualification but certainly not out of the running.

Its days like this that enforce what I love and hate about football in equal measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fellani to score at Kop end, wouldn't that be magic.

Draw all day long for me. Fourth place is the end game and today us only another step albeit a pretty significant one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

One things for sure there will be more yellow cards here than at anfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One things for sure there will be more yellow cards here than at anfield

Im just glad I wont be near the lap top for the game tbh!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

First 20-30 mins are key, I think I might be right in saying that Liverpool have not lost this season in the League when they have taking the lead, also United have not won when the have gone behind.
    I'm sure there probably is an exception there somewhere.

Liverpool will get good chances in the first 30 mins and I think the games hinges on weather they can take them.

Personally I can see Liverpool been 2-0 up by half time and if that is the case I can't Utd coming back from that.

I'll go 3-1 to the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Glad I don't support either team, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Damien360 wrote: »
    The clue is in the words.... finding form. Having just found ! Don't be so bloody grumpy.

If you played well in 3 games I'd say that's finding form. One game means nothing.

All the questions mark are on united today.

Saying that form generally doesn't mean much in this fixture. Many a time bad Liverpool teams have beat good united teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

so we are all agreed. Open the match thread and have at it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement