Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd, 22nd March, 1.30pm K/O

Comments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8bliuhXfXsPnNTQDceqYqOPf-KSQqCdQJWrnJfVT5wplGOcmg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8bliuhXfXsPnNTQDceqYqOPf-KSQqCdQJWrnJfVT5wplGOcmg

??

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Glad I don't support either team, good luck.

Your loss, we're a great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just hope the ref doesn't send the wrong man off - unless its De Gea! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭A.Gorilla

3-1 to Liverpool today. Coutinhio to score first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Great day ahead for the neutrals, I'm hoping for a high scoring draw :) that or a united win as I think overall liverpool are a greater threat to arsenals chances of automatic CL qualification.
    Having said that I am always happy to see united lose.
    I.....I....I...think i'm in love:D
    DaveSuarez wrote: »
    Your loss, we're a great bunch of lads.
    Except the Liverpool fans.

Worst fans in the world...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

3-0 Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

We certainly are not the worst fans in the world. We just have a lousy attitude to losing to the ****ing ****!!!!

************************************nts

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm worried for today. United played great last week and Liverpool have been kinda just about grinding out their wins lately

Kinda like united all season ;) but we do step it up against the big teams!

Anyone agree that the away fans will sing more about Gerrard than their own club today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus anything could happen in this game .. United to get anything will have to stay very compact and send the Pool out wide - the longer we can fustrate them the better. Fellani as an outlet could be unbelievably necessary.

I'll say a score draw but I have no idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

3-0 Liverpool

Love the confidence. United haven't lost by 3 goals all season, but of course Liverpool will do it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

If you united had van persie and or falcao up front I'd be confident. Of a pool win . Not so much with Rooney leading the line

• Bowlardo wrote: »
    If you united had van persie and or falcao up front I'd be confident. Of a pool win . Not so much with Rooney leading the line

Pfff
    Rooney up front is his best position and has proven this so many times

Missed the pool bit :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pfff

that's what he's saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Pfff

Isn't that pretty much what he's said?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Love the confidence. United haven't lost by 3 goals all season, but of course Liverpool will do it today.

If we ignore the League Cup game that's true.

• Isn't that pretty much what he's said?

You are correct kind sir, post changed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

that's what he's saying
    Isn't that pretty much what he's said?

It is but he is a Liverpool fan so M!Ck^ has to disagree with agree with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Since last meeting

Played 13 each
    Liverpool Wins - 10
    Man Utd - 7

Liverpool Draws - 3
    Utd - 4

Liverpool Lost - 0
    Utd - 2

Points from 39
    Liverpool - 33
    Utd - 25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

And so it begins :)

• Advertisement

• It is but he is a Liverpool fan so M!Ck^ has to disagree with agree with him.

Meow...off to a quick start Coulson ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It is but he is a Liverpool fan so M!Ck^ has to disagree with agree with him.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's a game I always try and watch but I just have this fear that it will be two hours of my life wasted. I have a feeling this could turn into a very dour affair with a 0-0 outcome.

I'll watch it anyways but not expecting a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fellaini needs to try to get himself onto Joe Allen in the early exchanges, like he did against Mason last week. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard get a run out if Rodgers is worried about that particular situation causing him problems.

• Fellaini needs to try to get himself onto Joe Allen in the early exchanges, like he did against Mason last week. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard get a run out if Rodgers is worried about that particular situation causing him problems.

Ageee,
    Joe Allen is the weak link..
    Sideshow Bob must break him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fellaini needs to try to get himself onto Joe Allen in the early exchanges, like he did against Mason last week. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Gerrard get a run out if Rodgers is worried about that particular situation causing him problems.
    Yeah hopefully the ref doesn't let him away with his "accidental" elbows.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The sports team I support is greater than the sports team you support.

Go sports team!!!

Ageee,
    Joe Allen is the weak link..
    Sideshow Bob must break him

I wouldn't call him a weak link generally, but in that situation there is a huge disparity in physicality. Even with Henderson, Fellaini could bully him for any high ball. That's why I can see Rodgers contemplating Gerrard. He gives as good as he gets in those sjtuations.

Another key battle could be Sterling or Markovic against Blind at LB. Blind's pace is a worry against them. Young needs to start in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hope to see Sterling at Rwb today, far less effective back there.

• I wouldn't call him a weak link generally, but in that situation there is a huge disparity in physicality. Even with Henderson, Fellaini could bully him for any high ball. That's why I can see Rodgers contemplating Gerrard. He gives as good as he gets in those sjtuations.

Another key battle could be Sterling or Markovic against Blind at LB. Blind's pace is a worry against them. Young needs to start in that situation.

Didn't blind start left back last week, IMO it's his best position with Carrick back in the side.
    Young could simply double up with Blind and assist rather than drop one for the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fellaini is all I'm hearing so far. Are all utd's hopes resting on him.

Didn't blind start left back last week, IMO it's his best position with Carrick back in the side.
    Young could simply double up with Blind and assist rather than drop one for the other

That's what I mean. I wasn't clear. If Blind is LB, Young needs to be LW because he works hard in defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

niallo27 wrote: »
    Fellaini is all I'm hearing so far. Are all utd's hopes resting on him.

All my hopes rest on his mighty bosom sculpted from the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Granted it isn't where either set of fans would like to be, it's exciting to have both teams going into the game playing for the same prize (Well, a spot behind Chelsea). Usually it's one team near the top and the other trying to spoil.

Through sheer blind faith I'll go 3-2 United. Herrera to grab a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Mata and Herrara starting today is a necessity.

They make such a difference to the overall speed and quality of our play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I fancy the Pool to win this 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

Let the good times troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

The long ball to Fellaini if he is playing will cause them lots of problems. Pool still very weak there I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Anyone that confidently predicts a result has never watched these games before

• Advertisement

All my hopes rest on his mighty bosom sculpted from the gods.

It's his elbows sculpted from the devil that concerns us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Will be interesting to see if Liverpool can bring the same level of intensity they've had against City at home. If they do i can see a positive result for them today. United definitely play better against the bigger teams this season and although they are capable on their day it is hard to see anything but a home win or draw.

But small things change games, both Young and Rooney in particular are both capable of winning a penalty from simulation and if Januzaj comes into the fray that's 3 decent penalty shouts today alone! That and Fellaini sticking tight to Can to win a few aerial battles might bear fruit for United ... other than that it's the brilliance of Coutinho, Sterling running in behind and finishing of Sturridge that should win the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

jonny666 wrote: »
    The long ball to Fellaini if he is playing will cause them lots of problems.

It's a shame that this is what United have been reduced to. With a "world class" manager and £200m worth of players, I'd have hoped for something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

It's his elbows sculpted from the devil that concerns us.
    I prefer this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's a shame that this is what United have been reduced to. With a "world class" manager and £200m worth of players, I'd have hoped for something better.

Hahahaha

At least allow us have a coffee before that starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

If it works it works I think. Especially if it is goina cause Liverpool problems. Im not a United supporter but I bet if Fellaini scores from a long ball or what ever they wont give two fecks how the goals was scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Hope Gerrard plays a blinder today, hes needs to silence the ones who took the piss out of him since the slip up last season.

Nib wrote: »

He who lives by the elbow shall perish by the elbow?

I could watch that clip all day long:-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Come in, see someone actually thinks Sterling and Coutinho are better than Di Maria.

Wants to leave, but don't because I'm hoping for more laughs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement