Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd, 22nd March, 1.30pm K/O

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Gerrard apologising but fails to apologise to the player he stamped on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Fair play to Gerrard there. Still hilarious though.

I wouldnt say that at all. Exactly the same 'all about me' shiite hes been at his entire career. The end of game huddle last season epitomized it. Out in the limelight again seeking forgiveness, its cringeworthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

jamesbere wrote: »
    A hello, man utd won here, stop talking about gerrard

Yeah, let's just praise united.

This is a match thread, it's used to discuss what happens in the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was just thinking that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't recall Sky giving a platform to other players that have been sent off. This bias towards English players is ridiculous.

They bash foreigners non-stop for aggressive wrongdoing but when one of their own crosses the line, it's 'emotion'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

United the better team overall and deservedly won. Absolute madness from Gerrard, had far too much adrenaline coming on the pitch and was idiotic to cost his team like that. Uniteds second half game management was horrendous though, especially after they went 2-0 up. Liverpool will be disappointed they gave Jones and Smalling very little work to do because they still look very shaky together. Great first half performance from United though, a very strange Liverpool one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Herrera got booked for leaving his mark on Gerrard. There was two of them in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Put it this way: if, towards the end of his career, Scholes did what Gerrard did today; would he be on tv especially to apologise afterwards? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hopefully Baloteli comes out on twitter and comments about Gerard. Absolute lunacy by the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Maybe he sends him a Facebook message later today. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Herrera got booked for leaving his mark on Gerrard. There was two of them in it.

Gerrard stamped on him..
    Can't exactly compare them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

14660_10152795082574352_8142132216391014184_n.jpg?oh=87e6d8fcc8053e03cde185cfbcf07da2&oe=55762138&__gda__=1438435491_f2ac97df04925eb260d93f2a900ace10
    steven gerrards heat map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I wouldnt say that at all. Exactly the same 'all about me' shiite hes been at his entire career. The end of game huddle last season epitomized it. Out in the limelight again seeking forgiveness, its cringeworthy

The man could cure cancer and raise mother Teresa from the dead and you would still put a negative spin on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Put it this way: if, towards the end of his career, Scholes did what Gerrard did today; would he be on tv especially to apologise afterwards? :pac:

No but he probably would have been given the opportunity to if he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Where was Coutinho aka Elano Mk.II today?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Macavity. wrote: »
    Yes, because my post was entirely genuine.

2 stamps worth a moral victory. Wow I know the euro exchange rate is fecker but that an even more ridiculous currency exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Macavity. wrote: »
    Yes, because my post was entirely genuine.

Oh didnt know it was sarcasm my bad. Can be hard to tell with what ye can come out with ha

If he had hurt he probably would have had. I'm sure he will get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

xabi wrote: »
    Lol, the ball was 6 feet in the air

The ball was and rooneys foot was on his ankle it was a yellow card at most but definite not a red it was not violent or dangerous and to say anymore you are clutching at straws.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

jimmii wrote: »
    No but he probably would have been given the opportunity to if he wanted.

Absolutely but he wouldnt because he would know better. Insincere crap that i'm sure will have a few poems dedicated to it on RAWK this evening. All the while other teams are winning trophies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

3-0 Liverpool
    mikeym wrote: »
    Hope Gerrard plays a blinder today, hes needs to silence the ones who took the piss out of him since the slip up last season.
    have a feeling we'll beat the mancs comfortably today come on you red men
    ebbsy wrote: »
    This could be embarrassing for United.

3-0 Pool
    Not nervous at all. Expecting a fairly straightforward Liverpool win. This team has proved themselves again and again this season, no reason to believe they will stop now.

Ah lads...

3211339.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Group hug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

J. Marston wrote: »
    In Fellaini's perfectly sculpted pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Yeah, let's just praise united.

This is a match thread, it's used to discuss what happens in the match.

I'm talking about sky, not the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Gerrard stamped on him..
    Can't exactly compare them.

I'm not comparing them. Gerrard's behaviour was much worse. But it's quite obvious why he didn't apologise to Herrera.

Am I the only Man U fan that doesn't scrutinise everything Liverpool and its players do, in order to be offended and make 'my team' look superior?

Do all of you not get tired of constantly trying to look the best?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Absolutely but he wouldnt because he would know better. Insincere crap that i'm sure will have a few poems dedicated to it on RAWK this evening. All the while other teams are winning trophies

Only just seen the interview there bit weird alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gerrard's apology is all well and good but suggesting that it was Herrera's fault in some way is not. Should really apologise to him too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Gerrard making a plonker of himself in front of the cameras againg. someone give him a few sweets and a hankie. Its all about him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Want to watch out now for Dynamo in the Europa lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Jesus the hate from some people on here makes is cringeworthy. Better to admit the mistake than do an Evans on it and not acknowledge his actions in cowardly fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Eh, he was being the best number ten in the league don't you know

• Can't wait for Andy Tate's interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gerrard's apology is all well and good but suggesting that it was Herrera's fault in some way is not. Should really apologise to him too in fairness.

Herrera got under his foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Jamie I tell it as it is Carragher showing he hasn't the balls to critise Gerard any other team he'd have went OTT with criticism, biased analysis like that is what ruins Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I thought he was decent but nothing was happening around him. They couldn't get a hold of the ball long enough to ler him do his thing

viper006 wrote: »
    Jesus the hate from some people on here makes is cringeworthy. Better to admit the mistake than do an Evans on it and not acknowledge his actions in cowardly fashion.

Was this an ordinary nobody, id say nothing. But its Gerrard doing what he knows best. The ridiculous Huddle from the City game last season was the last straw for a lot of people, hence him getting little sympathy after the slip and now. I think hes been a terrific player though.

This article summed it up well at the time, and again now: http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/opinion/roy-curtis/why-stevie-g-is-most-self-obsessed-footballer-of-his-generation

Was this an ordinary nobody, id say nothing. But its Gerrard doing what he knows best. The ridiculous Huddle from the City game last season was the last straw for a lot of people, hence him getting little sympathies after the slip and now. I think hes been a terrific player though.

This article summed it up well at the time, and again now: http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/opinion/roy-curtis/why-stevie-g-is-most-self-obsessed-footballer-of-his-generation

Why did the huddle upset you. What harm came out of it. You have not much going on in your life if your getting upset over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United can push on for 2nd place. Hull unlikely to do anyone any favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

RobertKK wrote: »
    United can push on for 2nd place. Hull unlikely to do anyone any favours.

Could happen but City don't usually bottle it at the end.

Might get 3rd from Aresnal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Liverpool should be charged with failing to control their players, as well as individual charges. I'm amazed we made it out of Anfield without a serious injury.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Liverpool should be charged with failing to control their players, as well as individual charges. I'm amazed we made it out of Anfield without a serious injury.

They were dirty today no doubt but that's a bit of a stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That is a bit over the top lol,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Balotelli & Skrtel also could have seen red.

Mata what a glorious performance.

Gerrard a silly silly boy.

All the "pundits" fancied Liverpool based on their form since the last United defeat I assume but how wrong they were.

United will finish in the top 4. Don't see why Liverpool would want to considering how woeful they were in the CL this season.

All in all, a great day!

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why did the huddle upset you. What harm came out of it. You have not much going on in your life if your getting upset over that.

It stopped me rating him as any sort of effective leader or captain. Could you imagine the likes of Adams, Keane, Kompany, Cannavaro or Maldini entertaining that sort of nonsense out on the pitch? I subsequently very much enjoyed his selfish performance after the slip, shooting from all over the pitch instead of passing it to the teams matchwinners. Selfish again today. A fine player, terrible captain

De Gea trying to act the hard man at the end was the only part of the game that i enjoyed. He collected the ball and he was fine, then he decided to be injured when smalling had a go at Skrtel. He then got up and tried to have a go at Skrtel but though better and decided to roll around on the ground again. It was comical.

It stopped me rating him as any sort of effective leader or captain. Could you imagine the likes of Adams, Keane, Kompany, Cannavaro or Maldini entertaining that sort of nonsense out on the pitch? I subsequently very much enjoyed his selfish performance after the slip, shooting from all over the pitch instead of passing it to the teams matchwinners. Selfish again today. A fine player, terrible captain

He was a great captain in Istanbul and Cardiff the following year. He showed a bit of emotion last year after the city game. What agenda do you think he had for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

De Gea trying to act the hard man at the end was the only part of the game that i enjoyed. He collected the ball and he was fine, then he decided to be injured when smalling had a go at Skrtel. He then got up and tried to have a go at Skrtel but though better and decided to roll around on the ground again. It was comical.

and Why was he holding his ribs? Bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I enjoyed the rest of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I enjoyed Mata's goals and slippy G getting sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Best image of day

26_E4_C9_A100000578_3006357_image_a_69_142703631121.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement