Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd, 22nd March, 1.30pm K/O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

niallo27 wrote: »
    De Gea trying to act the hard man at the end was the only part of the game that i enjoyed. He collected the ball and he was fine, then he decided to be injured when smalling had a go at Skrtel. He then got up and tried to have a go at Skrtel but though better and decided to roll around on the ground again. It was comical.

Ya in fairness he got up quicker than mingolet. maybe mingolet is just a softie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gerrard's apology is all well and good but suggesting that it was Herrera's fault in some way is not. Should really apologise to him too in fairness.

Thought it was pretty poor from him not to apologise to Herrera. That stamp was awful and could easily have caused an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Oranage2 wrote: »
    and Why was he holding his ribs? Bizarre

Why did Gerrard and Skrtel feel like they needed to stamp on players and why did the fans have to hold Balotelli back.

Liverpool really showed there bad side today.

Man U fan here. Well done to Gerrard for coming out and accepting responsibility for his behaviour. Yes, it's PR, but we don't see enough of it from players.

Should have apologised to the player he tried to hurt.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Right result based on attitudes and performances shown by both teams.

Liverpool offered nothing but thuggery in the face of liquid football from United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

edgecutter wrote: »
    Thought it was pretty poor from him not to apologise to Herrera. That stamp was awful and could easily have caused an injury.
    Did Herrara come out and apologise for his tackle that could have caused an injury to Gerrard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Why did Gerrard and Skrtel feel like they needed to stamp on players and why did the fans have to hold Balotelli back.

Liverpool really showed there bad side today.

Thats not the point he is making though, why was he holding his ribs after getting his ankle stood on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Right result based on attitudes and performances shown by both teams.

Liverpool offered nothing but thuggery in the face of liquid football from United.

And with that I am off, pretty sad comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Did Herrara come out and apologise for his tackle that could have caused an injury to Gerrard?

Lol, it was a standard, part of the game, yellow card tackle, not a filthy stamp.

• Advertisement

Going for the ball to win it and deliberately trying to hurt a player with a STAMP is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Get out of it. Herrera pulled out of the challenge, Gerrard stamped on his ankle on purpose. Gerrard should apologise and not blame the other guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ahh come on now lads its about time we got over calling Gerrard "slippy g" its old and gets boring and is so disrespectful to him we have to stop..... He is now called "stampy g"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Apologies are all well and good but it still falls on deaf ears for me, the guy is the most experienced player on the park, big game player, captain of the club and should not just know better but should be writing the book on how to deal with games like that. It is absolutely criminal to have done what he did at that moment.

That aside, thought United were bloody brilliant in the opening 35mins, completely dominated Liverpool in a way that i have not seen at Anfield for probably 2 seasons. Credit where it is due. Yet, incredibly could have gone in at half time 1-1.

The rest was just typical derby type scenarios, De Gea, Mignolet, Skrtel, Herrera acting it out like clowns trying to influence the game. Nothing stuff. Fact is United came and did a job on Liverpool today in a manner that even the most optimistic United supporter could not see coming.

Liverpool will not catch them now ... end of story.

Little dissapointed as a supporter that we didn't get the game we all wanted especially after the Gerard sending off. It was really heating up nicely and just makes me think what could have been ... ah well, onto next week.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Going for the ball to win it and deliberately trying to hurt a player with a STAMP is different.
    point is he had no need to apologise to anyone. It was a poor tackle, he owned up to it. Herrara was uninjured. Get on with the game. If every player had to say sorry for every poor tackle the apologies would be never ending.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Get out of it. Herrera pulled out of the challenge, Gerrard stamped on his ankle on purpose. Gerrard should apologise and not blame the other guy!
    Herrara came flying through with a poor tackle and got rightly booked for it. Gerrard has no need to apologise to him. This isn't Shawcross and Ramsey territory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

zerks wrote: »
    JMLKusG.gif

Rodgers just came on sky and blatantly lied about this challenge. Said he'd seen it, and Skrtel stretched to get a toe to the ball. Laughable and classless.

point is he had no need to apologise to anyone. It was a poor tackle, he owned up to it. Herrara was uninjured. Get on with the game. If every player had to say sorry for every poor tackle the apologies would be never ending.

But Gerrard didnt tackle Herrera. He stamped on him. He wasnt going for the Ball

Herrara came flying through with a poor tackle and got rightly booked for it. Gerrard has no need to apologise to him. This isn't Shawcross and Ramsey territory.

Gerrard has plenty of need to apologise to him instead of subtley trying to suggest that Herrara's challenge somehow justified Gerrard's reaction.

Herrera's challange was nowhere near Gerrard's on Mata's yet Gerrard thought it worth of a scummy stamp and then had the cheek to suggest Herrera's was 'studs up'.

• Polo_Mint wrote: »
    But Gerrard didnt tackle Herrera. He stamped on him. He wasnt going for the Ball

The amount of staws being pulled by Liverpool fans is hilarious.

Gerard and skertal stamped

That's it, the debate is over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

You do understand what a "tackle" is?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The amount of staws being pulled by Liverpool fans is hilarious.

Gerard and skertal stamped

That's it, the debate is over

I heard Suarez was great a tackling with is Teeth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There was only one player today who injured another player who had to be subbed, has Jones come out and apologised to Lallana?

• There was only one player today who injured another player who had to be subbed, has Jones come out and apologised to Lallana?

Cringey stuff from you

Jones apology for being strong in the tackle? Nothing malicious about it unlike your wonder captain and your centre back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

There was only one player today who injured another player who had to be subbed, has Jones come out and apologised to Lallana?

You cannot compare two players challenging for a header to a deliberate stamp. Give yourself a day or two and you'll agree.

Gerrard has plenty of need to apologise to him instead of subtley trying to suggest that Herrara's challenge somehow justified Gerrard's reaction.

Herrera's challange was nowhere near Gerrard's on Mata's yet Gerrard thought it worth of a scummy stamp and then had the cheek to suggest Herrera's was 'studs up'.

Gerrard and mata went for a 50-50 ball that neither player complained about. Nothing wrong in that tackle from either player.
    Herrara' s tackle was poor and he got rightly booked for it.
    How did he suggest it was "studs up"? I never heard him say that.... Or did you just pick that out of thin air?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The t shirts could be out for gerrard and skrtel soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Liverpool fans after the game today
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodgers just came on sky and blatantly lied about this challenge. Said he'd seen it, and Skrtel stretched to get a toe to the ball. Laughable and classless.
    Its something Fergie would never have done :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

He was a great captain in Istanbul and Cardiff the following year. He showed a bit of emotion last year after the city game. What agenda do you think he had for doing it.

He was anonymous in Istanbul in the first half. I hate how the English media have pushed the narrative the Stevie G saved them. Didi Hamann won that game for Liverpool. Gerrard was chasing shadows until he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You cannot compare two players challenging for a header to a deliberate stamp. Give yourself a day or two and you'll agree.

Just saying how stupid it is, we don't know if he said sorry afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh come on now lads its about time we got over calling Gerrard "slippy g" its old and gets boring and is so disrespectful to him we have to stop..... He is now called "stampy g"

The g stands for gone :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Gerrard and mata went for a 50-50 ball that neither player complained about. Nothing wrong in that tackle from either player.
    Herrara' s tackle was poor and he got rightly booked for it.
    How did he suggest it was "studs up"? I never heard him say that.... Or did you just pick that out of thin air?

"I tried to jump his tackle and I've seen his studs and I've reacted wrong."

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9772093/steven-gerrard-regrets-red-card-in-liverpool-defeat-to-manchester-united

Sktrel didnt stamp on De Gea though. He stood on him and more than likely knew what he was doing but its very hard to prove. He could argue it was his natural movement that his foot landed there. It is a lot different to the Gerard one.

About 20 seconds into the video here:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/video/24811/9772096/gerrard-ive-let-everyone-down

And then he blames the tackle again at about 45 seconds.

Happy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Sktrel didnt stamp on De Gea though. He stood on him and more than likely knew what he was doing but its very hard to prove. He could argue it was his natural movement that his foot landed there. It is a lot different to the Gerard one.

Most ridiculous thing ive read all day

He was anonymous in Istanbul in the first half. I hate how the English media have pushed the narrative the Stevie G saved them. Didi Hamann won that game for Liverpool. Gerrard was chasing shadows until he came on.

All the players were poor that night. Gerrard even played right back that night was terrific. I agree Hamann made a huge difference in fairness but Gerrards brilliant header did start the comeback

Speaking of apologies, I hope ye all took the moral high ground as well last week with Johnny Evans spitting in Papa Cisse' face.

MD1990 wrote: »

1) Fergie has nothing to do with this

2) I'm not a Man U fan, so not sure the relevence of bringing an ex-Man U manager into my comment.

3) It was a ridiculous comment from Rodgers. Skrtel knew exactly what he was doing and should receive a 3 match ban.

Most ridiculous thing ive read all day

Thanks for your input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I thought it was a very entertaining game, it's a shame that a couple of controversial incidents take all the attention.

Man Utd looked very comfortable in the first half but I thought Liverpool were excellent when they went down to 10 men. I think they're both some way off challenging for silverware at the moment though. Summer signings will be needed in key areas for both.

Speaking of apologies, I hope ye all took the moral high ground as well last week with Johnny Evans spitting in Papa Cisse' face.

Well now you're just embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Oh dear

Deflection. Usual way these threads go when United win.

About 20 seconds into the video here:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/video/24811/9772096/gerrard-ive-let-everyone-down

And then he blames the tackle again at about 45 seconds.

Happy?

Yeah, happy enough with that. He's right. It was a poor tackle by Herrara which the ref rightly booked him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Why did the huddle upset you. What harm came out of it. You have not much going on in your life if your getting upset over that.

And quoting the Sunday world in the process. That's funnier.

Yeah, happy enough with that. He's right. It was a poor tackle by Herrara which the ref rightly booked him for.

So you're happy enough he accused Herrera's challenge of being studs up, which it wasn't, it was just a little late. And you're happy that Gerrard was trying to excuse his stamp because of the tackle?

Because those were the original points I made that you called me on so I just want to be sure.

Deflection. Usual way these threads go when United win.

Not really. Straightforward question, did United fans call on Evans to apologise to Cisse? I don't read the United thread so I don't know.

Korat wrote: »
    I thought it was a very entertaining game, it's a shame that a couple of controversial incidents take all the attention.

Man Utd looked very comfortable in the first half but I thought Liverpool were excellent when they went down to 10 men. I think they're both some way off challenging for silverware at the moment though. Summer signings will be needed in key areas for both.

Liverpool were excellent when they got their goal out of nothing. United looked like they were going on to score a few more just before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

MD1990 wrote: »

He would have said he didn't see it.
    End of discussion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement