Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man Utd, 22nd March, 1.30pm K/O

1202122232426»

Comments

• Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Not really. Straightforward question, did United fans call on Evans to apologise to Cisse? I don't read the United thread so I don't know.

Deflection plain and simple

It's embarrassing

Trying to clutch at straws and call Herrera into a dispute about two Liverpool players who let there team down by stamping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Yeah, happy enough with that. He's right. It was a poor tackle by Herrara which the ref rightly booked him for.
    Yes, we have agreed. But, when you are that cynical in a challenge and really want to apologise instead of just grandstand and save face, you apologise to the player as well. Obviously not on the pitch but afterwards.

• Time to go out of this thread in style :)

Stevie G and his appearance as a sub

https://vine.co/v/OFWZ9H1Wa23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Gerrard was stood in front of a camera where he came out to apologise for something that he admitted to doing. It doesn't compare to anything Rooney, Evans, Jones or whoever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

So you're happy enough he accused Herrera's challenge of being studs up, which it wasn't, it was just a little late. And you're happy that Gerrard was trying to excuse his stamp because of the tackle?

Because those were the original points I made that you called me on so I just want to be sure.

No, that's fair enough he used the words studs. Which he was right about. He's reacted to a poor tackle from Herrara.
    The 50-50 with Mata you said was a worse tackle than Herrara's which I disagree with you on. Both players went for it fully committed, no change given from either.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Deflection plain and simple

It's embarrassing

Trying to clutch at straws and call Herrera into a dispute about two Liverpool players who let there team down by stamping

So that's a no then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

How Rodgers can come on sky there and try too defend skertel is a fcuking joke!! Hope the fa hammer him after all the bitching from Rodgers when costa done it too ye!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

No, that's fair enough he used the words studs. Which he was right about. He's reacted to a poor tackle from Herrara.
    The 50-50 with Mata you said was a worse tackle than Herrara's which I disagree with you on. Both players went for it fully committed, no change given from either.

You're digging holes just to flap around in at this stage. Wasn't studs up and definitely did not justify Gerrard's scumbag stamp.

Now stop digging and go sleep on it before you give yourself a nosebleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

MrMac84 wrote: »
    How Rodgers can come on sky there and try too defend skertel is a fcuking joke!! Hope the fa hammer him after all the bitching from Rodgers when costa done it too ye!!

How? Cos he is the guys manager ... what you want? "Oh yeah, Martin should be hammered for that one"?

... meanwhile in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

MrMac84 wrote: »

Manager defends player shocker. How would you compare what Skrtel did to costa's 2nd stamp in the liverpool game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Ice87 wrote: »
    Liverpool look nervous on the ball. Think they need Gerard on to calm them down a bit.

:D

You're digging holes just to flap around in at this stage. Wasn't studs up and definitely did not justify Gerrard's scumbag stamp.

Now stop digging and go sleep on it before you give yourself a nosebleed.

I didnt say it justified the stamp. And it's only 5pm so I won't be going to bed for a while yet. I'm getting dinner in a moment sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

anyway this thread is getting ridiculous, besides the goal my highlights are:

- Jones smashing lalana
    - Gerard sending off
    - Di Maria being useless
    - Di Maria catching the ball
    - Skertl stamp on DDG
    - Balo bossing it against smalling
    - Ddg squaring up to skertl until he got some sense and fell down 'injured' again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Oranage2 wrote: »

- Jones smashing lalana
    - Gerard sending off
    - Di Maria being useless
    - Skertl stamp on DDG
    - Ddg squaring up to skertl until he got some sense and fell down 'injured' again

Balo bossing it against smalling? LOL what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

How? Cos he is the guys manager ... what you want? "Oh yeah, Martin should be hammered for that one"?

... meanwhile in the real world.

There is a world of difference between defending/not hammering your player and going on TV and lying completely about a situation that is clear to see to millions of people watching around the world.

Rodgers made up a completely difference scenario to the one that happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That was as delicious as it gets.

Out played.

Out manoeuvred.

Out classed.

In every single way.

Massive step towards CL qualification but far from a fore gone conclusion.

I will enjoy the rest of the day.

After that.

We go again.

Yippee Kay Aye Motherfcukers!

:D

There is a world of difference between defending/not hammering your player and going on TV and lying completely about a situation that is clear to see to millions of people watching around the world.

Rodgers made up a completely difference scenario to the one that happened.

He could have killed the boy type scenario?

Moar deflecting.

Moar deflecting.

Its a good point though.

Oranage2 wrote: »

- Jones smashing lalana
    - Gerard sending off
    - Di Maria being useless
    - Skertl stamp on DDG

Lol at the order you've put them in. Also at Balo bossing it against Smalling, what!? Ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

There might have been no chance of RVP dying in that situation. But at least he was taking about the same situation.

Rodgers admitted that he had seen the incident. He then came up with a complete fairytale, completely different to what anyone watching, or looking at the replay could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Time to go out of this thread in style :)

Stevie G and his appearance as a sub

https://vine.co/v/OFWZ9H1Wa23

You truly are the bantersauras Rex

A serious thanks to some of the Pool fans in here, the lols that just keep on giving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Expected win in the end, good to see the balance of the universe getting realigned after the slip up last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Man Utd 2 LiverpLOL 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Suprised At Liverpool. Expected a bigger performance from them. Looked as bad at times when they played Swansea.

United played very well, deserved to win. Be Suprised if top 4 changes from it is now. No doubt there will be twists and turns tho.

Man Utd 2 LiverpLOL 0

You misspelled Liverpool, and they were also the home team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

and scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lol at the order you've put them in. Also at Balo bossing it against Smalling, what!? Ha ha

Also lol at: - Di Maria being useless

While he was wasteful in possession I put forward a sublime assist for the second goal and that through ball that led to the penalty.

I will take that kind of useless.

Maybe he's counting the 2 head to head wins, you remember united hammered liverpool 3-0 in the other fixture

• Advertisement

Maybe he's counting the 2 head to head wins, you remember united hammered liverpool 3-0 in the other fixture

Then perhaps he's posting in the wrong thread, as this is the Liverpool V United match thread. You remember? The match that was a few hours ago.

Rooney had an absolute stinker today, just knew that penalty wasn't going in.
    I don't know how Liverpool don't concede more with Emre Can in defence, good baller but no defender.

I don't know how Liverpool don't concede more with Emre Can in defence, good baller but no defender.

Was it young or blind who's footwork put can on his hole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was it young or blind who's footwork put can on his hole?
    Blind.

Also, Moreno is absolute trash. Brainless pace.

If I had been Blind I would have pointed and laughed before whipping the cross in. Fair play to him for being professional, must have been hard to resist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hindsight and all, but Mata should have taken it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

MD1990 wrote: »

How did that work out for you? not one of those Liverpool players would get near the United team today.

Countinho and Sterling are nowhere near Di Maria or Mata, Can and Moreno are brutal defenders

Fellaini outplayed Henderson

How did that work out for you? not one of those Liverpool players would get near the United team today.

Countinho and Sterling are nowhere near Di Maria or Mata, Can and Moreno are brutal defenders

Di Maria was very poor today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

niallo27 wrote: »
    Di Maria was very poor today

Poor by the standards he set in Madrid but he's still a creative machine even when in poor form, his pass for Mata's goal and before the penalty

Ozil got similar stick in his first season

• Nib wrote: »
    Heatmap of Gerrard's appearance today.

giphy.gif

This needs to be put into the best moments thread

Well done nib
    take a trophy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Lol at that team. Fcuk sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I think I'd have a high number of assists if my job was to give the ball to Ronaldo.

Di Mario tried to give the ball to Rooney today and I wondered whether the pass was behind or Rooney overran, I suspect Ronaldo would compensate for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Clasico is about to k/o.

Im closing this now lads, entertaining game today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement