Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea City vs Liverpool - K.O. 20:00 Sky Sports 1

• 16-03-2015 12:52pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Big game tonight with Liverpool looking to win to keep up the pressuse on the sides above. A defeat tonight is not fatal to the top 4 chances, but a win would be a big boost and have them looking up rather than down. Gerrard and Lucas both return to the squad for tonight as well.

Swansea are safely in upper mid table but have a good record and have not lost at home to Liverpool in the league since returning to the top flight and won't want that to change tonight.

Tough game. I predict 1-1 or 1-2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm gonna go with a 2-1 Pool win, Swansea will be a tough nut to crack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2-1 to the Reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Personally, I think this is the start of us drifting away from Top 4 once more. We've done remarkably well to get back into the race and give ourselves a realistic chance, but I can't see us continually winning. It just doesn't happen.

We've very little margin for error after our start to the season, and unfortunately in professional football, that rarely works out well in terms of achieving your targets.

Lets see what happens though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

1-1 for me, with Shelvey to get Swansea's one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Not feeling the love for this one, 1-1 just

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

1-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

1-2 to the Pool, Swansea to score first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

All signs point to a Swansea win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I think how long it took to get a match thread up and how little replies there have been says a lot about how confident Pool fans are with this one.

A win sets up a great game next week, I think if Liverpool dont get a win here the game against united gets harder.

Swansea 1 - 2 Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Swansea don't win this by a Shelvey hat-trick I'll be shocked frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Knex. wrote: »
    Personally, I think this is the start of us drifting away from Top 4 once more. We've done remarkably well to get back into the race and give ourselves a realistic chance, but I can't see us continually winning. It just doesn't happen.

We've very little margin for error after our start to the season, and unfortunately in professional football, that rarely works out well in terms of achieving your targets.

Lets see what happens though.

We may well stumble tonight and I predict a draw.

But I don't necessarily think that's the end of us for top 4 or that we will necessarily drift away.

We would still have to be considered favourites to take 3 points against United and then they have 2 more really tough games in their next 3.

United were impressive against Spurs, but is that a mark of things to come or just an anomaly? It's too early to say they've turned a corner and I would have huge doubts about them picking up 3 points against us, City or Chelsea, meaning there could (should in my opinion) be plenty of scope for us to get ourselves back into the race even if we stumble tonight.

I don't believe United are going to rack up such a tally that our own results will have to be close to flawless. We almost certainly have room for a bit of error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

If Swansea don't win this by a Shelvey hat-trick I'll be shocked frankly.

He's just as likely to score for Liverpool as he is for Swansea. Most unpredictable player ever. Can see this being enjoyable, Liverpool should win based on current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I hope Rodgers uses the squad and rests a couple of the lads for the upcoming big game.

Blackburn will be a tricky fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Not particularly confident here although our recent away form suggest I should be.... Score draw me thinks.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

klose wrote: »
    Not particularly confident here although our recent away form suggest I should be.... Score draw me thinks.

Results have been better than performances recently to be honest. We have not really won many games comfortably recently, and while Burnley was fairly comfortable it wasn't a great performance either.

Draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

A narrow win, always likely to be goals between these two, but we (Pool) are more likely to control the game.
    Danny to get on the scoresheet, before a run of 6 goals in 4 games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Liverpool win 2-1.

Liverpool have been better defensively lately, and in my opinion generally play better against teams which try to play good passing football too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Liverpool to lose tonight, has to be a Shelvey goal. LFC to be written off for 4th place along with fellow chancers Spurs, only for Pool to then fire that degenerate Rodgers and hire Augustus Poyet and beat Utd & Arsenal and give us all a lovely warm fuzzy feeling again.

5starpool wrote: »
    Results have been better than performances recently to be honest. We have not really won many games comfortably recently, and while Burnley was fairly comfortable it wasn't a great performance either.

Can't please some people!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm gonna say a 3-1 win for liverpool. Tho, I'd like to see the team sheet first, I still think we will push them aside with 4th on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

History would suggest a score draw. Hopefully the good Liverpool can turn up tonight & get our first win at the Liberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It remains to be seen how far our defensive solidity can get us.

It's hard to imagine defending your way to 15 wins from 19, or whatever it is we need to get top 4.

We're having to work very hard for our wins and we're always one dropped bollock, one **** decision from the ref or one poxy deflected goal away from dropping points.

Hopefully the rest and the extra bit of time on the training pitch will mean our attack can start to get back to where it needs to be.

Can't please some people!

Should I pretend our recent performances have been great? Results have been very positive but all pretty close and it's small margins. It's far more controlled than the madness of last season which is great in some respects, but we are still showing a problem in breaking teams down who sit back against us. I don't expect Swansea, or beyond that, Utd or Arsenal in our next 2 afterwards to do that so we might have room to create, but I'd be fibbing if I didn't say I wasn't worried we still left ourselves with too much to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

2-1 swansea, absolute cúnts to play at home! can see them giving it their all while liverpool are still extremely ropey at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    2-1 swansea, absolute cúnts to play at home! can see them giving it their all while liverpool are still extremely ropey at the back

:confused::confused: Ropey?

6 clean sheets in the last 8 league games. 5 consecutive away clean sheets in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

They've actually have been fairly solid at the back for the past 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Shelvey Cobra to score a brace and prove hes better than Henderson, Coutinho and Sterling put together

Swansea 3-1 Liverpool

They've actually have been fairly solid at the back for the past 3 months.

Without checking, I'd say Liverpool have the best defensive record in the league since the utd game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Knex. wrote: »

we pretty much did last season.

if we end up with the same run, we get top 4 IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

be grand, 0-2 or 0-3

Should I pretend our recent performances have been great? Results have been very positive but all pretty close and it's small margins.

My reaction was more about this being a results business you know like Lucky Lloyd is always telling us!

People whine and moan at the slightest thing, Liverpool are a far more solid proposition right now for all the fewer goals being scored because....
    I'd say Liverpool have the best defensive record in the league since the utd game.

:)

and as it happens the performance level has been just fine bar Blackburn which as you'll recall featured a new back line, no Allen or Lucas and Can in an unfamiliar position (this season) against a side playing for a cup replay.
    The dynamic in the league is rather different esp now points mean prizes or survival for much of the league.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

0-2. Any kind of a win will do, draw not the worst result in the world, just added pressure to win our next game. I can see a tight enough game with us getting on top in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »

With the two top scorers in the league, and yet we still fell short.

I'll be absolutely delighted if we manage it, just that I don't expect it.

My reaction was more about this being a results business you know like Lucky Lloyd is always telling us!

People whine and moan at the slightest thing, Liverpool are a far more solid proposition right now for all the fewer goals being scored because....

:)

and as it happens the performance level has been just fine bar Blackburn which as you'll recall featured a new back line, no Allen or Lucas and Can in an unfamiliar position (this season) against a side playing for a cup replay.
    The dynamic in the league is rather different esp now points mean prizes or survival for much of the league.

Performances have been 'fine' but not at the level that I think our recent run of results suggest imo. We could keep it up, but there are fine margins at play. We have won an awful lot of our games by a single goal which is very dangerous.

I'm not as much in the "it's all about results' camp as Lloyd, although ultimately that is where it really is I guess, and it's the thrust of my points last week about success/failure this season.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

No shít. If we go on that same run we probably come very close to second, never mind 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shelvey is either bound to score. Or get sent off. Possibly both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Shelvey Cobra to score a brace and prove hes better than Henderson, Coutinho and Sterling put together

Swansea 3-1 Liverpool

You can get 35/1 on PP for that score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

must win game for the reds to keep utd under pressure i feel,draw would not end the challenge for top four but a loss would be a huge blow i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Shelvey is either bound to score. Or get sent off. Possibly both.

He will get sent off for a second yellow after some over zealous goal scoring celebrations.

:cool:

I'm expecting a comfortable LFC win, Swansea are dung and ye are on a savage run.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Watching this match with great interest tonight for so many reasons. Lots of my rivals have Liverpool players in fantasy premier leagues. So need a 3-1 win for the Swans. Doubt it though. Liverpool on great form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liverpool to win by 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

W're playing reasonably well at the moment,very solid at the back, 0-2 liverpool(1 in each half for Studge)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Swansea to win 2-0 with a Bony hat-trick ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

1-1.
    A win would be a super result but I don't see it happening.
    I'd take a point tbh. Away from home that would be acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Has a kinda '27 shots but don't score' feel to it. 1-0 Swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hard to tell. Swansea can be tricky but Liverpool have played some good football in the league recently. Really depends who gets a better start but see Pool winning by 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Been nervous about this all weekend, especially since the United result but - you know what? - we bossed Swansea a few weeks ago, and we have a great starting lineup we could potentially select..... 3-1 Liverpool.

Though I reserve the right to edit this prediction if we name Gerrard as starting :).

Also, a bit of context re top 4 prospects in the attachment though - a draw is quite fatal indeed tbh.

Swansea aren't dung. The stuff you read sometimes.

They've beaten Utd, Arsenal and Southampton in recent times.

They are inconsistent if anything but certainly more than capable of beating most league teams on their day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is the first Monday Night Football I can recall since Everton 0-0 West Brom in mid-January, is that correct? :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement