Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 16-3-15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did you see that fella in the crowd behind Reigns, acting the maggot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Reigns came across well,

Paul is the greatest speaker there is but these promos aren't getting people against Brock really which in a way they need to IMO.

please let Reigns turn heel of Brock leaves and align with Paul it'd work really well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Reigns came across well,

Paul is the greatest speaker there is but these promos aren't getting people against Brock really which in a way they need to IMO.

please let Reigns turn heel of Brock leaves and align with Paul it'd work really well

Agreed

Reigns has came across as likable recently and to be fair he does ooze charisma, but I don't feel the crowd are as behind him as they should be for the dude main eventing Mania.

Brock is awesome, but do the crowd hate him enough at the moment?

Suppose we find out soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No one cares about Reigns. NO ONE. Not even Heyman can save this train wreck.

That was one of his better promos and it still bored me to tears.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    No one cares about Reigns. NO ONE. Not even Heyman can save this train wreck.

That was one of his better promos and it still bored me to tears.

but he's just talking and not controlling the audience so the promos aren't doing anything.

Rollins promo at the top had people booing all the way through (I know a lot of it was cheap heat) but at least that type of reaction can direct the attitudes a small bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I think the idea behind the Brock promo was to show he only cares about money. "What does WrestleMania mean to me? It's just another day I get to beat someone up and get paid for it". Whereas Reigns is trying to live his dream of main eventing WrestleMania and winning the title. Nice idea for a face/heel dynamic but don't think it will work this time. People respect Lesnar as the professional asskicker that he is. Its get him over even more as a badass babyface in people's minds.

I think the idea behind the Brock promo was to show he only cares about money. "What does WrestleMania mean to me? It's just another day I get to beat someone up and get paid for it". Whereas Reigns is trying to live his dream of main eventing WrestleMania and winning the title. Nice idea for a face/heel dynamic but don't think it will work this time. People respect Lesnar as the professional asskicker that he is. Its get him over even more as a badass babyface in people's minds.

yeah so as good as Heyman is promos aren't setting the right tone/dynamic in the fued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The tone is just right, in my opinion. I'm trying not to over-analyse the crowd reactions anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

If you are not loving how the mid-card titles are being treated like a big deal there is something wrong. Really enjoying the Rusev-Cena feud and the scrap for the IC strap!

Rollins made to look like a geek by the Authority once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

HHH/Steph still the top two heels in the company...with no pay-off in site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭briany

HHH/Steph still the top two heels in the company...with no pay-off in site.

The Sting match is the payoff as was the Daniel Bryan arc last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

that... was well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Sting & Randy Orton are being interviewed by Michael Cole in the ring on the Network here.

The Legend Killer voice in Orton's head: Do it. RKO him. You know you want to.

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Outside of Sting a non-event of a show. Wrestlemania build hasn't started for me.

rovert wrote: »
    Outside of Sting a non-event of a show. Wrestlemania build hasn't started for me.

Plenty of time, we still have Superstars and Main Event this week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CAQkyJhVAAAKsB2.jpg

https://twitter.com/Laufered/status/577635506306994176

God forbid people have some fun at the show.

J. Marston wrote: »
    CAQkyJhVAAAKsB2.jpg

https://twitter.com/Laufered/status/577635506306994176

God forbid people have some fun at the show.

Should have came in Reigns costumes.

We are only getting one side of the story, but that seems very petty and nerdy of the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    If you are not loving how the mid-card titles are being treated like a big deal there is something wrong. Really enjoying the Rusev-Cena feud and the scrap for the IC strap!

Stop with this elevating the titles stuff, they are only doing this cause they want Cena to overcome those odds and be the first one to beat Rusev , and the IC title cause Vince hates everyone in it cause they got more over then his pet projects. I'm not buying into any of this elevating crap and the fact they have their best in ring worker and most over guy in it as a afterthought goes to show how are building this.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    and the fact they have their best in ring worker and most over guy in it as a afterthought goes to show how are building this.

And he is playing second fiddle to R Truth doing "comedy". :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Looper007 wrote: »
    Stop with this elevating the titles stuff, they are only doing this cause they want Cena to overcome those odds and be the first one to beat Rusev , and the IC title cause Vince hates everyone in it cause they got more over then his pet projects. I'm not buying into any of this elevating crap and the fact they have their best in ring worker and most over guy in it as a afterthought goes to show how are building this.
    Wow, you're a cynical one aren't you? By the way, the IC title has been huge ever since Ziggler one it. They have made it a title to chase again, not just an afterthought. You can think what you want but that's the truth of the matter. Rusev has also brought up the US title by the fact that he is a. undefeated and b. an asshole foreign heel who hates America and is keeping the belt to prove that he is better than the best America can throw at him because Russia is better than America. That's why both titles have been elevated.

Heel, while I do think Cena is going to win at Wrestlemania it's not a certainty. Cena has been doing some amazing work recently in pursuit of the title, taking both it and Rusev seriously. This is the best Cena, the one who is hungry and takes his opponent seriously, not the jokey guy who doesn't care about how much he puts over his opponent. As for the IC title it's actually my favourite thing going into WM. The whole R-Truth thing has been fun and it's great to see guys actually fighting over the strap, showing that is something worth having. It hasn't been an after thought, they've been building to it for weeks now.

You clearly have a chip over your shoulder about Cena and the fact Bryan isn't in the main event. Sure, I can see why. I'm not particularly happy with Reigns vs Brock either (because I think it is going to bomb, no matter how much Heyman puts it over with some great speeches). But you have to get over it! The talent in that ladder match is ridiculous, the only jobber match on the card is the Battle Royal! It's actually quite a good WM card and I do think the IC and US title have been elevated greatly in the run up to WM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Wow, you're a cynical one aren't you? By the way, the IC title has been huge ever since Ziggler one it. They have made it a title to chase again, not just an afterthought. You can think what you want but that's the truth of the matter. Rusev has also brought up the US title by the fact that he is a. undefeated and b. an asshole foreign heel who hates America and is keeping the belt to prove that he is better than the best America can throw at him because Russia is better than America. That's why both titles have been elevated.

Heel, while I do think Cena is going to win at Wrestlemania it's not a certainty. Cena has been doing some amazing work recently in pursuit of the title, taking both it and Rusev seriously. This is the best Cena, the one who is hungry and takes his opponent seriously, not the jokey guy who doesn't care about how much he puts over his opponent. As for the IC title it's actually my favourite thing going into WM. The whole R-Truth thing has been fun and it's great to see guys actually fighting over the strap, showing that is something worth having. It hasn't been an after thought, they've been building to it for weeks now.

You clearly have a chip over your shoulder about Cena and the fact Bryan isn't in the main event. Sure, I can see why. I'm not particularly happy with Reigns vs Brock either (because I think it is going to bomb, no matter how much Heyman puts it over with some great speeches). But you have to get over it! The talent in that ladder match is ridiculous, the only jobber match on the card is the Battle Royal! It's actually quite a good WM card and I do think the IC and US title have been elevated greatly in the run up to WM

Quoted for truth. An honest assessment of WM and the build for once.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The appearance of Sting had me smiling, and it was great to see him actually physically battle people. Before he showed up though, I was wondering how big a ****ing idiot Orton was, given the "twist" was visible a mile off.

Personally think Cena/Rusev hit a speed bump last week (Cena should NOT have demolished him in the way he did) and this week was spinning it's wheels; you could have skipped this week's segment and still been in the exact same place, plot wise.

Same with the other two big feuds too; Taker/Bray and Heyman/Reigns (I'm not even sure we can call it Lesnar/Reigns at the moment) were entirely missable, which is a horrid thing to be saying two weeks out from Mania, especially given those two feuds have not yet had an actual confrontation between the people about to headline your show.

I think the IC title build is fine, even if I agree with the idea it's simply a match where they've thrown in people Vince doesn't want to push but knows if they aren't on the card, the show will be **** on further. I've been skipping the Divas and Tag build up so can't comment on them.

As Rovert said, it didn't build towards Mania at all. We're at exactly the same place now, plot and character development wise, as we were yesterday....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Liked the end to RAW, in isolation its a good tv moment.

I am not sure they have sold Stings reason for going against Triple H enough. The idea that Sting is there to stop Triple H making WCW mistakes is a good one, but they need to make more of the idea that Triple H stopped Sting going to WWE in the past and that perhaps someone else has brought him in behind Trips back. The match should feel more important than it does right now but it is one match that makes sense.

Am glad that they have held off Reigns and Lesner facing off on front of the crowd. The appeal of Brock is waiting to see him get his hands on someone. I like how Reigns has performed since winning the rumble and genuinely feel they are the right people to face off.

The IC title stuff is good but i don't think its the place for Bryan, way too many people involved now. It would be a better place for him if it was him Barrett and maybe Ambrose. The more people added the less important the match looks.

On mania as a whole:

Taker returning for a match is bad for the card imo as it meant someone was going to be at a loose end, Bryan, for no good reason, ends up in that spot.

They could have used a pissed off Rollins to eliminate Bryan at the end of the Rumble to set up Authority v Bryan 2 at mania, create an idea that maybe Reigns is favoured by the authority and add some more intrigue to the main event. But Takers return tied Wyatt up so he couldn't face Orton.

Something like the below would feel bigger (to me), could still get the main event they want. The current undercard doesn't compliment the main event right now as hiding people like Bryan, Ambrose will piss fans off.

Brock v Reigns, Bryan v Rollins, Cena v Rusev, Wyatt v Orton, Sting v Triple H, Barrett v Ziggler v Ambrose (Ladder match)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Like the majority, I enjoyed the finish to this week's Raw. Those 2 feuds are starting to take shape. Everything else may aswell not be happening though. Rollins and the Sting factor seem to be the only thing keeping the show watchable right now.

Hard to view the IC match as anything other than a relegation for most involved and they haven't made any attempts to change that by keeping it as far detached from the main feuds as possible.

Also, Rollins is a better talker than Heyman IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

CSF wrote: »
    Also, Rollins is a better talker than Heyman IMO.

While i agree with your above comments, I have to disagree with this CSF, while Rollins is good, everything Heyman does is gold, when he talks, people listen, he has single handedly brought interest to a Wrestlemania main event that people could care less about and has done so for every other ppv he's been involved with.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Quoted for truth. An honest assessment of WM and the build for once.

I'm with the other guy on this. I don't think the U.S. title has necessarily been elevated by this feud that much at all. Sure, it's 2 upper card guys fighting for it, which might make it feel that way, but the feud just doesn't seem to be that much about the US title at all. Yes we had that one moment where Cena held the hold until Lana agreed to put the title on the line, but largely winning the title has been an afterthought, whereas the Lesnar v Reigns one and the IC feuds are purely based on the respective participants desire to win the belt, possibly with the exception of Daniel Bryan.

I'm inclined to agree with the notion that this IC feud is designed to keep certain people out of the main feud than it is to elevate the belt. The notion of the belt being elevated requires the idea that the status of the belt will rise to the participants level, rather than the status of the participants dropping to the belts level.

We are yet to see that. All Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose have recently enough been involved in opening and closing of Raws and main event of PPVs. Now they seem to have dropped into the middle of Raw and well down the card of this PPV and the last one for Ambrose. If they're gonna elevate the belt's status in 2015 and have feuds that matter on Raw enough to play a more prominent role then fine, but there's no sign of that happening yet. Very much a relegation of the superstars rather than a promotion of the belt so far.

• Advertisement

While i agree with your above comments, I have to disagree with this CSF, while Rollins is good, everything Heyman does is gold, when he talks, people listen, he has single handedly brought interest to a Wrestlemania main event that people could care less about and has done so for every other ppv he's been involved with.
    I wouldn't say there is interest in the title feud myself. Heyman is a very good talker but frequently gets cheered in situations where he needs to be getting booed for the good of the feud. Get the face over and all that. I get that it's difficult to get Reigns over but it's something I'd associate with Heyman in general.

Rollins is a master of getting exactly the response he is meant to. When he's the heel, he's gonna get himself booed or chanted at in spite of how much the WWE universe rates him. Kurt Angle kinda skills at that.

Clearly the 2 of them are head and shoulders above the rest but I'd pick Rollins

Advertisement