Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for house in Ireland while resident in Australia.

Options
  • 16-03-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

As the title says, me and my partner are living in Australia as past 4 years. We have some savings but would need to borrow money to either buy or build our 1st house in Ireland the we will live in when we return.

My partner is with BOI and im with Ulster Bank. Would it be possible for my partner to get a loan or us to get a mortgage of say 50,000 euro of BOI while still living in Australia?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

rightyabe wrote: »
    As the title says, me and my partner are living in Australia as past 4 years. We have some savings but would need to borrow money to either buy or build our 1st house in Ireland the we will live in when we return.

My partner is with BOI and im with Ulster Bank. Would it be possible for my partner to get a loan or us to get a mortgage of say 50,000 euro of BOI while still living in Australia?
    Hi rightyabe,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

If you are living abroad and are planning to return permanently to Ireland, you can apply for a Bank of Ireland mortgage. You can get in touch with a Mortgage Advisor on +353 1 4884077 who will be happy to help.

We also have a large FAQ on mortgages that you can find here and series of mortgage calculators here

I hope this helps.

Billy

Advertisement