Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Flat Iron Steak

Options
  • 16-03-2015 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I was in Lidl yesterday and this caught my eye:

0iOruAph.jpg

I've bought these a few times before but never seen one with marbelling like this before. They're excellent value for money @ 2 for a fiver.

Just thought I'd let you good people know in case you didn't already.

Sorry, I've no after pic. We did already have it but I was in a rush as we'd people over. It was excellent though. Patted it dry, seasoned it well and cooked it on a red hot cast-iron pan for 2 minutes and into the oven for a few more minutes, let it rest, sliced it thinly and served it as part of a big platter of an antipasti. Had the steak on crostini with varying combinations of: warm dijon cream sauce, crispy and 'raw' parma ham, sundried tomato, rocket, blue cheese. yum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

You are one very lucky person to find that! I always find people look at me weird when I'm rifling through the steak packets picking one that's well marbled.

I'd have searched through for more like that if I seen one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Got these before but that platter sounds delish. When's the next party :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Wouldnt be able to eat a steak with that much fat.

Id love it - but my stomach wouldnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

They are different to the normal lidl flat iron steaks, these are the Hereford 28 day aged one's and i think they are E 6.95. Should be nice bought them today.

Advertisement