Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

The previous selling agent, Knight Frank, was equally poor. Could not get basic info off them and eventually resolved to talk to builders on site. My problem was the box room dimensions as from plans it looked like a regular single bed may not fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

moving_out wrote: »
    +1 bought a house in Belltree. SF not very helpful, waited long to get the answers for a few simple questions. Told us that no changes can be made by the builders. We wanted to do bathrooms ourselves. Initially we were told the house would be ready in August, then September, now October. It's quite a concern as the kids have to start school and we currently leave quite far from Clongriffin. Schools are another story, kids are on the waiting lists everywhere. I don't know what happens if they don't get a place anywhere.
    Nevertheless, the park and two playgrounds are nice :)

You can contact the schools in Donaghmede. It's only slightly further from Belltree than the Belmayne schools. There are 2 primary schools in Donaghmede, and they are good too.

I would also advise anyone who moves to Clongriffin or in its neighbourhood to start contacting local TDs about the need for an extra primary school or at least bigger ones when they start building the permanent schools for St Francis and the Educate Together (building hasn't started yet). There will also need to be a secondary school. The Educate Together has started a campaign to get a new secondary school in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freakyfraggle

Hi folks,

Took a trip to the site office today.
    Phase 1 still on track to be finished in May according to today's info.

Asked if the skirting can be just tacked instead of glued, but was told this is not possible due to building regs.

Good luck everyone!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi folks,

Took a trip to the site office today.
    Phase 1 still on track to be finished in May according to today's info.

Asked if the skirting can be just tacked instead of glued, but was told this is not possible due to building regs.

Good luck everyone!

Skirting has nothing to do with the Building Regulations. The builder just doesn't want to do it to be honest.

The house is fully compliant with building regs with or without the skirting fixed to it.

Thanks kceire,

That's what I thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

The show houses are open this weekend.

Does anybody know what is planned to be built in the current empty space across from the show houses...I have heard small green area and a nursing home.

AFAIK nursing home will be between the previous development's 3 storey houses and belltree 3 storey. Then across the current show houses and towards dart there is still valid permission for the mosque with school and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Does anyone know why platform 3 in station is never in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Does anyone know why platform 3 in station is never in use.

It's likely to be just a passing loop, but you can ask in Train and Rail Systems if you want further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

gitsy606 wrote: »
    The show houses are open this weekend.

Does anybody know what is planned to be built in the current empty space across from the show houses...I have heard small green area and a nursing home.

To the path on the left of the empty space as you face Belltree is the nursing home. To the right was meant to be a small playground but as they've been doing test holes for the last week, I'ld say it will be all houses/apartments. There's a new planning notice gone up as well on the railing recently which will tell you exactly what's going in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Suark

Hi guys, have bought a house in Belltree that's due for Sept. I see some people on here saying that that is now looking like Oct. Has SF been in touch with anyone so was that when you contacted them?

Suark wrote:
    Hi guys, have bought a house in Belltree that's due for Sept. I see some people on here saying that that is now looking like Oct. Has SF been in touch with anyone so was that when you contacted them?

Your best option is to call SF and demand straight answer with a reason for the delay. I had similar experience with the previous stage. Was told we will get the keys in May and ended up closing at the end of July due to 'issues with maps register'.

Some houses on Park Terrace North officially completed and entered into the completion register in Dublin City Council Building Control this week so a few may start getting move in dates soon. They look really well imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

kceire wrote: »
    Some houses on Park Terrace North officially completed and entered into the completion register in Dublin City Council Building Control this week so a few may start getting move in dates soon. They look really well imo.

Thanks kceire..from what you said previously it's usually 3 weeks to get validated from when they go in to the city council, anyone know what the delay was , the original proposed move in date for them homes was Feb/March

gitsy606 wrote: »
    Thanks kceire..from what you said previously it's usually 3 weeks to get validated from when they go in to the city council, anyone know what the delay was , the original proposed move in date for them homes was Feb/March

They are already validated. The 3 week period is the allowed time that the council have to approve it to allow for admin check on the submitted paper work (first week). Inspectors to inspect (second week) and then signed off by senior staff (third week). They usually get turned around quicker.

IIRC the delay last time was that the developers underestimated the amount of time to prepare land registry maps and for land registry to process the applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hi guys,

Went to look at Belltree today and totally love the houses but unfortunately it seems we may have missed the boat here - there is only one house of the 280k price left and since we don't have mortgage approval yet (only beginning the process but have decided to start looking around to get ideas for houses) it's extremely unlikely we'll be in any position to get that house.

So I was wondering if there's any other planned developments near by? Someone mentioned above that the empty area to the side of Belltree towards the DART station might have planning for residential use - any updates on that? I know it'd be yonkers before anything is ready there but... Belltree is really well suited to our needs and I'm devastated we weren't thinking of buying when they first went up for sale!

Anyway, would appreciate any info anyone might have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i was there too today and also checked out parkside at ballgriffin.
    @Konata, did you checkout parkside?
    one thing i don't understand is the price difference between parkside and belltree?
    why is parkside expensive than belltree

Konata wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Went to look at Belltree today and totally love the houses but unfortunately it seems we may have missed the boat here - there is only one house of the 280k price left and since we don't have mortgage approval yet (only beginning the process but have decided to start looking around to get ideas for houses) it's extremely unlikely we'll be in any position to get that house.

So I was wondering if there's any other planned developments near by? Someone mentioned above that the empty area to the side of Belltree towards the DART station might have planning for residential use - any updates on that? I know it'd be yonkers before anything is ready there but... Belltree is really well suited to our needs and I'm devastated we weren't thinking of buying when they first went up for sale!

Anyway, would appreciate any info anyone might have :)

There are more phases IIRC.
    Did you check that all phases are sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

i was there too today and also checked out parkside at ballgriffin.
    @Konata, did you checkout parkside?
    one thing i don't understand is the price difference between parkside and belltree?
    why is parkside expensive than belltree

No, we didn't go to Parkside as I feel it's too far from the DART station.
    kceire wrote: »
    There are more phases IIRC.
    Did you check that all phases are sold out?

The one house (of the 280k price, there are 3/4 of the 330k left but that is a bit above our budget) left is in the section that hasn't even commenced building yet. So presumably that's all the phases right? Three - one is totally finished, the second has started and third is still empty land? I might have understood it incorrectly from reading here but they were very clear there was only one house left, and on the map is way up at the Marrsfield Avenue end.

Since I'm new to all of this, is there any sort of system where you can be put on a waiting list? Since it's a new build and still months before houses would be ready, I'm guessing there's a possibility sales could fall through? As I say though, totally new to this and no idea how likely it would be for that to happen!

Konata wrote: »
    No, we didn't go to Parkside as I feel it's too far from the DART station.

The one house (of the 280k price, there are 3/4 of the 330k left but that is a bit above our budget) left is in the section that hasn't even commenced building yet. So presumably that's all the phases right? Three - one is totally finished, the second has started and third is still empty land? I might have understood it incorrectly from reading here but they were very clear there was only one house left, and on the map is way up at the Marrsfield Avenue end.

Since I'm new to all of this, is there any sort of system where you can be put on a waiting list? Since it's a new build and still months before houses would be ready, I'm guessing there's a possibility sales could fall through? As I say though, totally new to this and no idea how likely it would be for that to happen!

Yeah, that sounds like the final phase alright.

Ask the estate agent to keep you notified of any cancellations that you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

FYI Gannon recently got planning permission to build 84 new homes in the lands opposite the Centra - I think a mix of sizes including 4 bedrooms. When we were getting our snagging list checked for Parkedge, we asked Gannon what's the next phase and we understood that'll be the next thing they will develop (conversation happened in March).
    I am not sure whether they will go with the same agent (in Parkedge they did not use SF), so the best bet would be to try and get in touch with Gannon themselves - probably waiting lists will start once a launch is planned, might be a little early now. But def agree with kcerie that there might be cancellations.
    By the way we also looked at Parkside and really loved them, however the developer is different, it's Cairn homes, so perhaps the spec is different, which could explain the price difference. We also didn't go for them as we prefer proximity to the dart. Can't wait till it's all built and more people move in :)

i went around the clongriffin dart station in the evening to have a feeling during the dark. it seem fine (sorry had heard its not safe)
    how is it in winter? is it ok to walk from dart station to belltree at around 7pm winter evening?

i went around the clongriffin dart station in the evening to have a feeling during the dark. it seem fine (sorry had heard its not safe)
    how is it in winter? is it ok to walk from dart station to belltree at around 7pm winter evening?

My mam is always saying that to me. But it's perfectly fine. There's never anything more than 2/3 kids hanging out in the station and it's rare to see. I live in The coast so have to walk down the stairwell everyday. It fine. Nothing has ever happened to me, and I have never heard of anything happening to anyone else.

You would probably have more of a chance of something happening during the summer than the winter, as the kids are off school.

thanks mate.. incidents can happen summer or winter and also any location. generalising the area is a bit bad i guess.

thanks mate.. incidents can happen summer or winter and also any location. generalising the area is a bit bad i guess.

It does look dodgy, that was my first assumption, but I have been using it everyday for nearly 2 years and nothing has happened so me so I wouldn't be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

Before buying we went for a walk around the dart station at 10 in the evening and it was grand. We also asked the guy who owns the off licence if there is trouble around. He said he's been there a few years and nothing ever happened.
    Also we have noticed that there is a Gannon car going around the estate to keep an eye. I guess it'll be until the area is fully developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

I live opposite to the station and it's very safe. I frequently walk by in the evening, sometimes late, including in the winter and usually it's just a few kids with their skates.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

My mam is always saying that to me. But it's perfectly fine. There's never anything more than 2/3 kids hanging out in the station and it's rare to see. I live in The coast so have to walk down the stairwell everyday. It fine. Nothing has ever happened to me, and I have never heard of anything happening to anyone else.

You would probably have more of a chance of something happening during the summer than the winter, as the kids are off school.

Are they ever going to build a road over to the coast..?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Are they ever going to build a road over to the coast..?

Hopefully they do, but it's doesn't look likely at the moment.

The unfinished apartment block that was left abandoned on 2007 is finally getting finished. They have been working in it for 6 months, so you never now they might build a road/path.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I have been advised that the completion cert for my house in Phase 1 will be lodged at the end of next week.
    Taking into account the 3-week period the local authorities have to approve it, that would bring me up to mid-June.
    Is it reasonable to assume I could be in by the end of June if we get the snagging done quickly?

Delighted to hear there will be more houses built near the Centra. Better than looking at empty wasteland! And hopefully we will have the critical mass to attract a supermarket etc. to the retail units...

Advertisement