Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi all,

I have been advised that the completion cert for my house in Phase 1 will be lodged at the end of next week.
    Taking into account the 3-week period the local authorities have to approve it, that would bring me up to mid-June.
    Is it reasonable to assume I could be in by the end of June if we get the snagging done quickly?

Delighted to hear there will be more houses built near the Centra. Better than looking at empty wasteland! And hopefully we will have the critical mass to attract a supermarket etc. to the retail units...

Depends on the developer. Has he got the background stud sorted, like Land Registry?

This is what caused the delays last time, but hopefully they have streamlined their internal process.

It also depends if the lodge a plain Completion Cert or if they give prior notification, which means they are telling DCC that they will be complete in 3 weeks and DCC have to wait the 3 weeks before adding it to the register.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freakyfraggle

Thanks kceire,

Right, fingers crossed the land registry stuff is sorted now and they are lodging the actual Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Right, fingers crossed the land registry stuff is sorted now and they are lodging the actual Cert.

Good luck everyone! Be careful when snagging. Things I and my surveyor did not notice and later caused me problems :

1. The overflow in the bath was not attached properly and that led couple of months later to a minor flood

2. Main door was not the original factory color but painted and started flaking off

3. Silicone around the shower cabin was so thinly applied (savings) that is started leaking and I had to replace it.

4. Paint... Only 1 thin layer. When i tried to gently rub off a mark I rubbed through to the plasterboard.

5. Garden was not level at all plus the soil is rich in potatoe sized rocks.

I know a a fact that many other houses had similar issues plus more.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Hi, me and my OH are considering buying in Clongriffin. We are worrying about the noise as Dublin Airport is nearby, will it be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

@Volthar - is this belltree? i was considering buying there. i had heard ganon home (the builder) were very good with good reviews. but looks like they have gone to cost cutting.

• Advertisement

It was the previous stage, the Parkedge. Overall the quality is v.good and Gannon along with Rathowen addressed most issues but it took them some time. Remember it is a factory like mass build and lots of subcontractors are involved moving fast from job to job so some level of errer can be expected. I did not mean to scare you just giving you advice to be as detailed as you can when snagging. Remember mu friend who bought in 2006 found massive problems and builder told him to more or less to take as is or f.off. Things are much better now.

I got used to it but my wife has to use earplugs at night. Note she has been doing it for years already because of noisy neighbours in apartments we lived in so it is more a habit than a need. Kids sleep as logs and so do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 moving_out

Hi, me and my OH are considering buying in Clongriffin. We are worrying about the noise as Dublin Airport is nearby, will it be an issue?

You can see+hear all the planes when you are in the park. The traffic is quite heavy with a plane every 2-3 min. If you don't pay attention to it, you will filter it out. However, as I said, you can easily hear every landing plane. Hopefully, that won't be a case inside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

To be honest, the first two or three times we were there we could hear every plane when we were in the garden. Now I wouldn't be able to tell if and how many planes passed the last time I was there. My husband was very worried about it and now he does not take any notice.

The windows are quite well insulated so the noise can be heard from outside and not really inside. Also, like someone else said in one of these threads, Dublin airport doesn't really have flights that leave and land in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

Gannon have rec'd or applied for planning permission for the following (I've been keeping an eye as interested in buying in Belltree too, hopefully when next phases come on market)

Ref 3776/15 for 84 apartments/duplexes, granted April 2016
    Ref 4037/15 for 17 houses, granted April 2016
    Ref 2610/16 for 98 houses and 15 apartments, granted May 2016 (this is largely the site that was earmarked for the mosque)
    Ref 2903/16, lodged May 2016, for 31 houses and 15 apartments

That is a total of 146 houses and 114 apartments/duplexes that have been granted (or applied for) permission in the last few months.
    The current batch that have been on sale and are mostly (or completely) sold out were all granted permission under ref 3802/14, granted May 2015.

My assumption is that all of the above will be built and sold within the next 2 years, NAMA are funding the development as far as I know and want to get stuff built asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

With so many houses being built in Clongriffin there will be a real need for its own schools with long waiting lists already in all surrounding schools...and hopefully a decent amount of shops.
    Anybody in their house yet? Last news I received was that there is a 6 week delay atm...

With so many houses being built in Clongriffin there will be a real need for its own schools with long waiting lists already in all surrounding schools...and hopefully a decent amount of shops.
    Anybody in their house yet? Last news I received was that there is a 6 week delay atm...

Couple of units in for completion with DCC now and should be signed off over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

kceire wrote: »
    Couple of units in for completion with DCC now and should be signed off over the next few days.

Where can you access that info?

Where can you access that info?

The public cant ;)

If you want to PM me what house you bought I can tell you if its one that's in for completion or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

Hi Folks,

I have been told that the original permission for the mosque, that also includes a primary school, a secondary school, a conference centre.... (the list is quite long) is stil valid, see Ref 3325/12. Apparently one might hold two permissions for a plot of land.

Is it possible/probable, that they revert to the mosque?

ohlordy wrote: »
    Gannon have rec'd or applied for planning permission for the following (I've been keeping an eye as interested in buying in Belltree too, hopefully when next phases come on market)

Ref 2610/16 for 98 houses and 15 apartments, granted May 2016 (this is largely the site that was earmarked for the mosque)

That is a total of 146 houses and 114 apartments/duplexes that have been granted (or applied for) permission in the last few months.
    The current batch that have been on sale and are mostly (or completely) sold out were all granted permission under ref 3802/14, granted May 2015.

My assumption is that all of the above will be built and sold within the next 2 years, NAMA are funding the development as far as I know and want to get stuff built asap.

homik wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I have been told that the original permission for the mosque, that also includes a primary school, a secondary school, a conference centre.... (the list is quite long) is stil valid, see Ref 3325/12. Apparently one might hold two permissions for a plot of land.

Yes, you can have as many grant planning apps on the site as you want, and the use is only the one which commenced.

I have been told that the external source of funding for the mosque has backed out and thus the money is not there to build it.

When we were looking at snagging, Gannon themselves told us that the lands across Centra and the DART station would be for residential purposes. The development across Centra being the next after Belltree.

Separately I had also heard that the Mosque project had been over ambitious and there wasn't sufficient funding to see it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freakyfraggle

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the names of the tiles on the bathroom floor in the Belltree showhouses?
    There were names up for the wall tiles, but not the floor tiles.
    One type were grey, and the other were brown stripey ones. I am looking for the name of the brown, stripey ones.
    Anyone know who supplied them?

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

homik wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

ohlordy wrote: »

No, funding has been pulled out and the developer is already starting works for new homes.
    I go to the meetings with DCC and Gannon every 6-8 weeks, and that has been confirmed many times by Gannon's foreman

Nanazolie wrote: »
    No, funding has been pulled out and the developer is already starting works for new homes.
    I go to the meetings with DCC and Gannon every 6-8 weeks, and that has been confirmed many times by Gannon's foreman

While you are correct that the funding has been pulled from the original applicant, technically the granted planning can still be commenced tomorrow if someone else where to step in and offer the money to fund t or buy the site as a whole.

What gammon has currently under construction in no way effects the site layout of the proposed mosque.

• Advertisement

While you are correct that the funding has been pulled from the original applicant, technically the granted planning can still be commenced tomorrow if someone else where to step in and offer the money to fund t or buy the site as a whole.

What gammon has currently under construction in no way effects the site layout of the proposed mosque.

Sorry, I should have been more specific: Gannon and DCC confirmed that the Mosque was NOT going ahead

Sorry, I should have been more specific: Gannon and DCC confirmed that the Mosque was NOT going ahead

DCC have no say in whether it goes ahead or not in fairness. It's privately owned land with a valid planning permission granted on it so technically it can still go ahead if by some miracle money appears and it's wanted.

I have stated on this thread over the months that it will not as the appetite for the mosque is not there anymore imo but technically speaking it can still go ahead.
    I am agreeing with you that it's not going ahead but I'm just spouting about a technicality that it "can" still go ahead if required.

DCC have no say in whether it goes ahead or not in fairness. It's privately owned land with a valid planning permission granted on it so technically it can still go ahead if by some miracle money appears and it's wanted.

I have stated on this thread over the months that it will not as the appetite for the mosque is not there anymore imo but technically speaking it can still go ahead.
    I am agreeing with you that it's not going ahead but I'm just spouting about a technicality that it "can" still go ahead if required.

I understand what you are saying about DCC not having a say. These meetings usually have DCC (2 or 3 members), the principal of the local catholic school, a member of the gardai, a few TDs and councillors and the foreman of Gannon Homes. The question was asked a few times about the mosque, and since DCC chair the meeting, it was addressed to them directly. However, Jim from Gannon confirmed that it would not go ahead.
    Of course, if someone stepped in with some appealing offer, Gannon would have no problem selling the land and building the mosque and the cultural centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Someone said to me recently that there are council houses in Clongriffin? Are there? I hadn't heard mention of it before so just curious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Konata wrote: »
    Someone said to me recently that there are council houses in Clongriffin? Are there? I hadn't heard mention of it before so just curious!

This would be new to me, but not surprising as houses in Clongriffin, Myrtle and The Coast were quite cheap when **** hit the fan in the property market.

2 bed apartments, duplexes and townhouses could be bought for around 100K in 2010 - 2012, so if you had cash back then, you could of got some bargains, that are now renting for north of 1200 a month.

Konata wrote: »

I haven't seen any. I can double check if any are Part V arranged with housing but maybe gannon homes paid the contribution instead of providing the units. Deffo haven't heard of any in Parkedge,,Belltree etc

Hi guys from Parkedge, do you know what the story is with the bins? Do we just buy any random bin and put it out for collection? Do you know what the day is? Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Thanks for replies re. council houses - I've been researching Clongriffin for awhile and hadn't seen mention of it either, dunno where this person was getting their info as they don't live there either!

Have another question - which houses exactly were affected by the pyrite problem? Do you think it's something to be wary of when buying - will it affect the price, cause future problems etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi guys from Parkedge, do you know what the story is with the bins? Do we just buy any random bin and put it out for collection? Do you know what the day is? Thx

Well last year, I rang which companies had bins in the area but only CityBin said they were actually in the area. One lot told me that they didn't collect in the area despite I walking by one of their lorries collecting rubbish around the corner 10 minutes before I rang them!!

They're fairly ok and they drop the bins to you within 2 weeks. My normal collection day is Friday. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

You need to sign up with one of the providers and they will provide their own bins. I decided to go for City Bin and so far I am v. happy with them.

Advertisement