Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Konata wrote: »
    Thanks for replies re. council houses - I've been researching Clongriffin for awhile and hadn't seen mention of it either, dunno where this person was getting their info as they don't live there either!

Have another question - which houses exactly were affected by the pyrite problem? Do you think it's something to be wary of when buying - will it affect the price, cause future problems etc?

Should be none as all of these were built to SR21 compliance or similar.

Another group completed today I believe. All on Belltree Avenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

kceire wrote: »
    Should be none as all of these were built to SR21 compliance or similar.

Another group completed today I believe. All on Belltree Avenue.

Was concerned about this post I saw before referencing having trouble getting a mortgage over the pyrite issue... I just can't seem to find anywhere what houses WERE affected. I know this is a Parkedge thread but there were a few other general Clongriffin queries so thought I'd try asking here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

Konata wrote: »
    Was concerned about this post I saw before referencing having trouble getting a mortgage over the pyrite issue... I just can't seem to find anywhere what houses WERE affected. I know this is a Parkedge thread but there were a few other general Clongriffin queries so thought I'd try asking here anyway.

Some houses in Beaupark had pyrite and apparently have been remediated. I was looking at one that had a cert to prove the work has been done.
    You might ask the estate agent if the particular property was affected and if they have a cert to prove the work has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

We got a call to say the house is ready to be inspected, going to try and arrange for someone to look at it next week.

Doesn't look like the area the house is in is ready yet, presume they are just trying to get us ready and sorting the other stuff at the same time to avoid any further delays.

Anybody done their snag and what has come up on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

gitsy606 wrote:
    Anybody done their snag and what has come up on it?

Done it in the previous stage. See my earlier post in this thread. Same contractor and suppliers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sarah.ck

Hey all, We just bought a house in Belltree, so excited, its due to complete in November 2016. The price was increased by €2,000 though and I'm just curious if anyone knows why or what the increase is for, did this happen to anyone else? It could just be for building materials or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

sarah.ck wrote: »
    Hey all, We just bought a house in Belltree, so excited, its due to complete in November 2016. The price was increased by €2,000 though and I'm just curious if anyone knows why or what the increase is for, did this happen to anyone else? It could just be for building materials or something?

Profit

sarah.ck wrote: »

Supply and demand. House prices are increases daily and behind you is another buyer waiting to take the house, especially out there as they are selling so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarah.ck

Supply and demand. House prices are increases daily and behind you is another buyer waiting to take the house, especially out there as they are selling so quickly.

Thanks, it looks that way alright. We were lucky to get one. It was wishful thinking to think that we were actually getting something for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

I've bought a house in Belltree, Clongriffin which is next to Parkedge which should be ready by November 2016.

Has anyone here moved into Belltree?

I would be interested to hear of any issues that came up when you moved in. Builder snag list etc. Unforeseen delays. any comments bad or good would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

CT2 wrote: »
    I've bought a house in Belltree, Clongriffin which is next to Parkedge which should be ready by November 2016.

Has anyone here moved into Belltree?

I would be interested to hear of any issues that came up when you moved in. Builder snag list etc. Unforeseen delays. any comments bad or good would be appreciated.

Hi CT2

We bought a house in the first phase and were given a date of 25th May, we just done our snag last week so probably looking at a further 6 weeks , so there has been a bit of a delay.

No major issues on the snag and it seems to be quite a good finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Any one know what services are supplied to the development.

I know a Eir/eircom phone like will come in.
    Is UPC/ Virgin Media available in Parkedge/Belltree.
    Is it possible to receive sky/freeView (can you put up satellite dishes or use a common shared dish like apartments )

On another note I have viewed Belltree yesterday and the roof is on and windows are in for phase 2 of Park Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

It's actually virgin media phone lines in Belltree. So yes, Virgin Media is available there. One of our neighbours has a satellite dish on the back of their house, so there shouldn't be an issue with that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gleNine

Hi all,

We've been over and back alot to clongriffin and the area seems fine to me.
    I did some work in the area as an engineer about 5 - 7 years ago and at the time, I recall alot of hassle with van break ins etc so I had some concerns.

After visiting several times now, I see that the place seems to have changed a lot.The new houses in belltree are really nice and the access to the park with playground is amazing.

Can anyone tell me -

* Is the parking at the train station free?
    I don't anticipate using this unless its raining as I may have child with me.

* What is happening with the large shopping center like building near the dart line?
    Does anyone have any information on why it is still empty and perhaps what would go there in the near future?

* Have any of you had any experience of anti social behavior of any sort?

I really like the area and I could see myself living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

Hi there,
    Can't help on point one. On the shopping centre, no big news that I'm aware of, but I can only imagine that as the area gets more people, the shops will come. We have not witnessed any anti social behaviour and the park is nice. The area seems to have quite a lot of young families and overall feels lovely. Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

gleNine wrote:
    * Is the parking at the train station free? I don't anticipate using this unless its raining as I may have child with me.

Used to be free, a courtesy of Gannon Homes, but now some car parks operator has leased it from them and there is a fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1 afils

Hi there,

I have bought a house in Belltree and the second snag was done on the 5th of July. Everything is ok and house is ready since then.
    Does someone know how long it takes to have the house key after the snag? We have had so many delays till now.

Thank you!

afils wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have bought a house in Belltree and the second snag was done on the 5th of July. Everything is ok and house is ready since then.
    Does someone know how long it takes to have the house key after the snag? We have had so many delays till now.

Thank you!

Depends on the developer.
    They may have only applied for Land Registry transfer and that can take some weeks. What road did you buy on? AFAIK the council have already signed off on most of the completed units, so there's no delay on completion certs from them.

afils wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thank you!

Hi

We were told it would be 6 weeks from when the snag was done.

He said building control regs and administration usually takes about that time.

All the people are in Park Terrace and Park Avenue except one and there is a few in on Belltree Avenue , the road has just been completed on Belltree Walk so should see something happening there soon.

gitsy606 wrote: »
    Hi

He said building control regs and administration usually takes about that time.

All the people are in Park Terrace and Park Avenue except one and there is a few in on Belltree Avenue , the road has just been completed on Belltree Walk so should see something happening there soon.

Building regs admin from DCC takes 3 weeks max. Usually less. But this should be completed before the public are allowed in to snag as all other issues need to be compliant such as paths and hoarding from the rest of the site.

• Advertisement

Building regs admin from DCC takes 3 weeks max. Usually less. But this should be completed before the public are allowed in to snag as all other issues need to be compliant such as paths and hoarding from the rest of the site.

Yeah he mentioned it takes about 2 - 3 weeks their side aswell.

Builders holidays are around this time so may hold things up a bit further.

Yeah he mentioned it takes about 2 - 3 weeks their side aswell.

Builders holidays are around this time so may hold things up a bit further.

Deffo, currently builders holidays this week and next so that will have a big bearing on hand over for purchasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

We had our keys within 2 weeks after initial snag. But I have to say we were really really pushy and rang builder a few times and our solicitor put pressure on as well. We got keys before the road was even open.

Can anyone clarify for me at what stage the snag is done?
    I'm at the initial stages and moving forward with things - it seems to me that it would be too late for the snag at the last stage (just before closing) ?

In addition to that - can anyone tell me what happens here in terms of having the house checked by an engineer of sorts ( or surveyor for want of a better word). I mentioned this to the agent but they seemed confident that this isn't the done thing etc. I do know that the homes are built to a high standard but I like to think its safe to be cautious.

Anyone have experience with this?

In my particular case, I'm referring to Belltree (the further end of park avenue that is not ready yet).

Thanks!

Hi there,
    Can't help on point one. On the shopping centre, no big news that I'm aware of, but I can only imagine that as the area gets more people, the shops will come. We have not witnessed any anti social behaviour and the park is nice. The area seems to have quite a lot of young families and overall feels lovely. Hope it helps!
    Volthar wrote: »
    Used to be free, a courtesy of Gannon Homes, but now some car parks operator has leased it from them and there is a fee

Thanks for the feedback!

gleNine wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify for me at what stage the snag is done?
    I'm at the initial stages and moving forward with things - it seems to me that it would be too late for the snag at the last stage (just before closing) ?

In addition to that - can anyone tell me what happens here in terms of having the house checked by an engineer of sorts ( or surveyor for want of a better word). I mentioned this to the agent but they seemed confident that this isn't the done thing etc. I do know that the homes are built to a high standard but I like to think its safe to be cautious.

Anyone have experience with this?

In my particular case, I'm referring to Belltree (the further end of park avenue that is not ready yet).

Thanks!

You do the snag list before closing.
    Who will do the snag for you?
    Generally you won't see a survey for a new built house but I suppose the builders will accommodate you. I personally think it will be a waste of money.

You do the snag list before closing.
    Who will do the snag for you?

Thanks. Not sure yet - any suggestions welcome!

gleNine wrote: »
    Thanks. Not sure yet - any suggestions welcome!

What I mean by that is if you hire a professional it's like a mini mini health check too. Do you know any builders, surveyors etc?

I've seen the houses from the ground up. They are good quality technically speaking but you will always have snags with finishing touches like paint, small bits of damage from various trades etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keith matthews

Hi All,

I recently bought in Belltree and wondering what the plans are for the land across from Belltree Place.

I had a look on the DCC website and can see a couple of plans but unsure of which one Gannon will proceed with.

2405/12: Plans to build apartment blocks facing Belltree Place

3117/16: Plans to build houses on the other side of Belltree Place, however this also includes the site plan for 2405/12 so a bit confused as to which one they will proceed with.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Many thanks

• Advertisement

More houses from what I've seen.
    You may see future applications to bring more duplexes in to up the density and amount of units.

Advertisement