Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keith matthews

kceire wrote: »
    More houses from what I've seen.
    You may see future applications to bring more duplexes in to up the density and amount of units.

Thanks for the info, I've done a bit more digging and seen the below amendments to the original plan:

3117/16 (Concurrent planning application) Planning Permission for revisions to permitted development Reg. Ref. 2405/12 to omit 23 no. 3-bedroom 2-storey houses, 3 no. 3-bedroom 2.5 storey houses, 7 no. 4-bedroom 2-storey houses, 6 no. 4-bedroom 2.5 storey houses and 36 no. 2-bedroom apartments (75 dwellings in total) and to now provide 33 no. 3-bedroom 2-storey houses, 17 no. 3-bedroom 2.5 storey houses and 25 no. 3-bedroom 3-storey houses (75 dwellings in total). The development includes 106 car spaces both on-curtilage and on-street, associated and ancillary site works. There appears to be a pattern to the recent planning applications for revisions. It appears the main objective is to introduce car parking spaces in the front gardens of all of the houses on an incremental basis, as shown by individual planning applications. As such, the overall development, the intended design and urban form (LAP) as an urban environment is becoming suburban on an incremental basis. The key aim of the LAP is being contravened.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Hi folks,

We have our snag for a house in Belltree for early October- did anybody here use a person/company to do the snag for them?

For anybody that has actually moved into Belltree, have you been any big issues coming up on your snags?

Thanks

FYI- Can't recall if it was this thread or another but we queried with Gannon about small changes (like 50/50 fridge doors instead of 70/30 supplied) and the response was that there were to be no changes whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

Hi folks,

We have our snag for a house in Belltree for early October- did anybody here use a person/company to do the snag for them?

For anybody that has actually moved into Belltree, have you been any big issues coming up on your snags?

Thanks

FYI- Can't recall if it was this thread or another but we queried with Gannon about small changes (like 50/50 fridge doors instead of 70/30 supplied) and the response was that there were to be no changes whatsoever.
    Hi there,
    We used a company, we were happy with them, PM me if you need the name.
    Also, Gannon are quite good, so it's not like they completely abandon you after you buy, if there are still some loose ends that need to be sorted, they will do that. (we are from Parkedge)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freakyfraggle

I used a surveyor for a house in Belltree, no major issues arising from our snag and they were dealt with promptly.
    Can PM details if required.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Hi folks,

Hi , could I ask what phase/group of houses your are in for Belltree and was this the initial snag timeline, trying to ascertain weather there will be any delays with my proposed snag date of early November for Phase 2 of Belltree park avenue.

• Advertisement

CT2 wrote: »
    Hi , could I ask what phase/group of houses your are in for Belltree and was this the initial snag timeline, trying to ascertain weather there will be any delays with my proposed snag date of early November for Phase 2 of Belltree park avenue.

Hi- we are on Belltree Avenue and it will be the initial snag. I think it was originally phase 2 but was merged with phase 1...or so a SherryFitz agent said when we were out there. Second block of houses as such anyway but the 3 stories on Park Ave are still phase 2. One of the agents also said it would be Nov for when it would be completed but when we contacted Gannon we were told the 10th of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

Hi there
    We have moved into our 3-storey house in Belltree and was just wondering if anybody has same issue. When it rains it's so noisy in the attic bedroom as the drops falling down on plastic hollow window sill. It's so noisy that we can't sleep when it's raining. Anybody else has this issue? How did you fix it or anybody any idea on how to fix it? Could we just plaster over it?
    Thanks!

Hi Blinkeyblue,
    I raised this issued with the site manager and the builders and they have been very helpful are working on a solution.
    Maybe just let the site manager know that you are also having this problem.

I will also let you know once it has been resolved for us.

All the best!

Thanks I'll let the site manager know as well about the issue. The more people will notify Gannon about the issue the better. There is a company that modify aluminium sills by covering them with a modified concrete layer. I wonder if that would be enough to solve issue. I'll also let you know when I know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

Hi blinkeyblue / freakyfraggle

Seems you have the E1 type house like ourselves, just wondering if you have the approve measurements for the kitchen and the hall and siting room? Just to get a quotation for flooring

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Smartbean30

I used a surveyor for a house in Belltree, no major issues arising from our snag and they were dealt with promptly.
    Can PM details if required.

Good luck!

Hi there would you be able to tell me how much the snag cost please??

Hi Blinkeyblue,

Yes, the site manager said the solution would probably take the form of 'noise attentuation', so maybe they have something like that in mind...

Hi Gitsy606,

Could you use the architect's drawing, those measurements should be close enough? My quote was for whole house so probably not helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toucancan

Does anyone have any experience of getting extras done by the builders in Belltree?
    For example, I would like to wall mount a TV and would prefer to have additional socket and TV outlets behind it - I'd like to get this done before the walls are finished internally.

Anyone else do this or get additional sockets etc?
    Whats the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

Hi Gitsy606,

Could you use the architect's drawing, those measurements should be close enough? My quote was for whole house so probably not helpful?

I never received drawings with measurements on them, could you pm me the infor if possible. Thanks

Toucancan wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of getting extras done by the builders in Belltree?
    For example, I would like to wall mount a TV and would prefer to have additional socket and TV outlets behind it - I'd like to get this done before the walls are finished internally.

Whats the process?

I was told a number of times that they could not deviate from the plans at all but no harm in asking

Toucancan wrote: »

Whats the process?

We contacted Gannon with a request to have the integrated fridge doors 50/50 instead of 70/30 and their answer was something along the lines of 'no client amendments'. I would imagine this would the same response for you...but as gitsy606 said there is no harm in asking.

Btw- we also asked if the skirting boards could be left only tacked on and they said the architect wouldn't sign off on it unless finished so I would imagine that any request is going to get a variation of 'no client amendments'.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Btw- we also asked if the skirting boards could be left only tacked on and they said the architect wouldn't sign off on it unless finished so I would imagine that any request is going to get a variation of 'no client amendments'.

I asked the estate agent at the start, could I change an internal wall or two,you can guess the answer. It would be great if they could do the skirting post moving in as I fear someone/me might damage the wall removing them. Same with the bottom of the ktichen cabinets.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭nice bit of green

For those who have recently moved into Belltree, has anyone managed and succeeded to get a super kingsize bed (6ft wife by 6.5ft long) up to the 2nd floor master bedroom? The plans look like they can accommodate the move by backing into storage room and bathroom on the landings but would appreciate if anyone can tell me how they got on plus anything else we should be wary of? I've bought a house type E1/E2 in the 2nd phase.

Hi All -we'll be moving into Belltree within the next month hopefully and were wondering if anybody had a recommendation on an alarm? No clue if any one is better than the other or the price point for a 3 bed house. Any help would be appreciated?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi All -we'll be moving into Belltree within the next month hopefully and were wondering if anybody had a recommendation on an alarm? No clue if any one is better than the other or the price point for a 3 bed house. Any help would be appreciated?

Do you want standard or monitored as that will have a bearing on costs, and ongoing payments.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Do you want standard or monitored as that will have a bearing on costs, and ongoing payments.

Hi kceire just a standard one.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

As far as I know they all install same equipment and the only difference is the logo on external bells. If you are all about value then decision should be fairly easy, just call couple of companies and ask for prices.

I thought this might be interesting for all current Clongriffin and future Belltree residents:
    The next meet up of *** NEXT SAFER CLONGRIFFIN / BELMAYNE FORUM ***
    Tuesday 27th of September at 8pm, unit 60 Main street, Clongriffin. Beside Centra and the Barber

Open to residents of Belmayne and Clongriffin.

This might be of interest due to recent planning application:

New application sent for a 16 storey tall building near Clongriffin dart station. 139 units, 139 car parks, gym, cycle park and commercial units. Appeals can be sent until Oct 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

New application sent for a 16 storey tall building near Clongriffin dart station. 139 units, 139 car parks, gym, cycle park and commercial units. Appeals can be sent until Oct 5th.
    Quick, now that you have your houses it's time to stop others from getting theirs!

Quick, now that you have your houses it's time to stop others from getting theirs!

I wasn't talking about houses, it's a 16-storey apartment block!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We need high rise within the M50.
    Clongriffin is ear marked for higher buildings as per the DCC Development Plan that was published in 2011.

It's in the middle of a collection of apartment blocks...

3arSzAd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's in the middle of a collection of apartment blocks...

3arSzAd.jpg

Looks reminiscent of the Ballymun towers like that, totally out of place?

Seems fine to me, we'll never fix the housing crisis by blocking developments like this, Dublin can't sprawl forever. This is an excellent location for higher density developments.

hQVRye8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Seems fine to me, we'll never fix the housing crisis by blocking developments like this, Dublin can't sprawl forever. This is an excellent location for higher density developments.

I personally think some high rise along Dart is necessary. Also would not mind few office blocks around the station but this would probably be in Fingal county, the other side of the railway.

Advertisement