Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

I don't think the budget changes would increase the price of new homes, it would be counter intuitive for developers.
    The rebates are only for first time buyers, but there are people out there who are not buying for the first time.
    Also, these rebates were implemented to move the first-time buyer market towards new houses. If developers increased the prices of new homes as a result, it would essentially remove the "benefit" element and push buyers towards second hand houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

For anyone living in Belltree at the moment - how much approx did it cost for you to get floors in? I know there's obviously differences in prices depending on material used, carpet v wood etc. but I'm just looking for an idea as totally clueless what the costs would be. We're looking specifically at the B and E type houses (3 bed 3 storey mid terrace and 3 bed 2 storey mid terrace).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toucancan

Would also be interested to hear.
    I'm guessing 100 - 150Sq m if we do all rooms excluding stairs etc.

Anyone have any idea of the sum of bedroom measurements for floors?
    Edit: That would be for three storey, three bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rockygizmo

There are floor plans on the DCC website, depending on your house type you can get the measurements. Price was more dependent on the quality of the carpet/floors you chose. Have priced up a few different places and there all quite similar. Any place I went to did free measuring, they just went to the show houses and measured from there. They said it was better than the plans for the likes of the stairs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

rockygizmo wrote: »
    There are floor plans on the DCC website, depending on your house type you can get the measurements. Price was more dependent on the quality of the carpet/floors you chose. Have priced up a few different places and there all quite similar. Any place I went to did free measuring, they just went to the show houses and measured from there. They said it was better than the plans for the likes of the stairs etc.

What was the price you were being quoted? I'm really just looking for a ballpark figure - I know it's completely dependent on what you choose but I literally have no idea if we're talking 5000 or 25000!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

Konata wrote: »
    What was the price you were being quoted? I'm really just looking for a ballpark figure - I know it's completely dependent on what you choose but I literally have no idea if we're talking 5000 or 25000!

Carpet in the bedrooms ,both stairs and landings, tiles in the kitchen and wood floor in the hall and sitting room. Approx 4000...mid range

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freakyfraggle

Could anyone shed some light on the data cabling?
    The wiring from the data cabling sockets goes to the utility room and isn't terminated anywhere so there are wires sticking out around the house.

There is no data socket in the living room where we would be able to connect the router through to the other rooms.
    Not sure we understand the system correctly - who would be the best person to ask?

Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

Konata wrote: »

On a normal range I think it would go from 1,500 - 2,000 for the cheapest carpet options, to 3,000 - 4,000 for the most expensive laminate ones

Got Quoted from 750-2500 for carpet just upstairs. Laminate was around 2K just downstairs for all the quotes. The better the carpet the dearer it is, same as the laminate. You can do it as cheap or as expensive as you want. To do the house cheaply could be 2k all included fitting etc. Depending on floor type, carpet type could be as dear as you want. There is plenty of choice around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toucancan

Do you know what kind type of cable this is?
    Is there a phone socket in the room?

Its possible that the cable is dropped behind it?
    I should also ask - by default is virgin media termination in the sitting room, it would be nice to have it in the utility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

The wiring from the data cabling sockets goes to the utility room and isn't terminated anywhere so there are wires sticking out around the house.

There is no data socket in the living room where we would be able to connect the router through to the other rooms.
    Not sure we understand the system correctly - who would be the best person to ask?

Thanks everyone.

Not an owner, but visited the shophouse & was very impressed with the layout, size & design of the houses.

From what I could see, the utility room should house your router & all the data sockets in the house then deliver your network. VM now use a separate router (white) to the Horizon box.

The only drawback on this is wifi will not be as strong around the house, but you could get some wifi repeaters (aldi had them recently for €30 each) on each floor connected to the data socket in that room. This will ensure the best possible delivery around the house.

Good luck to all in your new homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

Thanks everyone.

From what I understand, the house I bought (Q4 2015) is wired with CAT5 for telephone and not intranet. The input for the CAT5 wiring is outside the house. So if you subsbribe to an EIR telephone line for example, you can get telephones in all the rooms without having to do extra wiring.

If my understanding above is correct, it's totally obsolete. Who still uses telephone lines these days? It's possible to use the wiring for home intranet but you'd have to do break some walls to pass the input wire inside the house close to the router.

If my understanding is not correct someone please enlighten me as I do not understand the logic of current wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Hi folks- just a quick question for those that moved into Belltree- can you tell me what the model number on the installed cooker hood is? Viewed the house yesterday and wasn't expecting the cooker hood to be supplied- already ordered one so need to decide whether to keep the installed Teka or not.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Hi folks- just a quick question for those that moved into Belltree- can you tell me what the model number on the installed cooker hood is? Viewed the house yesterday and wasn't expecting the cooker hood to be supplied- already ordered one so need to decide whether to keep the installed Teka or not. Thanks

I can't find a model number on mine. It does a descent job though. If I were you I would cancel one you ordered and use the freebie. You can always upgrade later if you do not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IrishWizzard

Folks,

I'm moving into Belltree in the next few weeks, I was at the show house last week and asked the Rep was the Extractor fan and Kitchen sink included but she did not know.

I can see from the above that the extractor fan is included which is great but now i'm wondering about the sink, Can anyone that is currently moved into Belltree clarify?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

Folks,

I'm moving into Belltree in the next few weeks, I was at the show house last week and asked the Rep was the Extractor fan and Kitchen sink included but she did not know.

I can see from the above that the extractor fan is included which is great but now i'm wondering about the sink, Can anyone that is currently moved into Belltree clarify?

Many thanks

Sink is included.

Thanks Gitsy :)

Another one if you don't mind is the Oven hob included?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Hi
    Has anyone had their snag date confirmed for Belltree. A few months ago it was said to be the 7th of November,Rang Gannon homes last week and I'm still waiting on a call from the builder.

Volthar wrote: »
    I can't find a model number on mine. It does a descent job though. If I were you I would cancel one you ordered and use the freebie. You can always upgrade later if you do not like it.

Thanks Volthar- getting a bulk discount so will decide when ordering if it's worth it or not.

Thanks Gitsy :)

Another one if you don't mind is the Oven hob included?
    Cheers

Nope- no kitchen appliances included...which is why I was surprised that the extractor was there!

Thanks for confirming :)

• Advertisement

CT2 wrote: »
    Hi
    Has anyone had their snag date confirmed for Belltree. A few months ago it was said to be the 7th of November,Rang Gannon homes last week and I'm still waiting on a call from the builder.

The snag will probably still be for the 7th unless there are any delays on their end. When we asked to change our snag date we were told that it couldn't be moved...it was only because of some ESB issue with electricity to the house that it was delayed by a week.

Won't hurt to contact them again...I don't always get a response on the first contact either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Suark

Has anyone received formal confirmation of a time & date from Gannon re snags? I was told it was the 7th approx 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since! Also, anyone in the first phase, how long from snag to keys?

Suark wrote: »
    Has anyone received formal confirmation of a time & date from Gannon re snags? I was told it was the 7th approx 2 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since! Also, anyone in the first phase, how long from snag to keys?

Hi Suark- as above it's probably still the 7th unless they have told you anything different.

There is another step in the process from snag to keys that we weren't aware of until after the snag- the house need's to be approved by some body (Council?) and this will be approximately 10 days to 3 weeks from the time that Gannon have uploaded the details on whatever body's site. I take it that during this time Gannon will be addressing the snag items. (We had a company do ours and there were only a few minor issues along with some expected cosmetic ones so should be quick to fix...I would hope)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi Suark- as above it's probably still the 7th unless they have told you anything different.

There is another step in the process from snag to keys that we weren't aware of until after the snag- the house need's to be approved by some body (Council?) and this will be approximately 10 days to 3 weeks from the time that Gannon have uploaded the details on whatever body's site. I take it that during this time Gannon will be addressing the snag items. (We had a company do ours and there were only a few minor issues along with some expected cosmetic ones so should be quick to fix...I would hope)

After snagging, Gannon uploads completion certs to Dublin City Council Buildng Control as they have been inspecting the building works. They have to be validated and approve to be added to th register. Usually takes a week but the official time frame is 3 weeks.

Hi just wondering what TV/Broadband people are using in the Beltree, Can the area get Sky and Virgin? Or does one provider have a monopoly on it?
    Thanks

Suark wrote: »
    I got an email from the site manager today, they said that snagging would be after the 9th probably week commencing the 14th of Nov I got the date of the 7th originally to

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

I got an email today too. I was told that I would get more details mid next week as the ESB needs to be connected. Anyone else get similar information.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DaveX

Hello neighbors, just found this thread and it's great seeing this discussion. We have been given the 11th for the snag originally and so far have not received any confirmation whether the date will 100% be met or not but supposedly should be. Have also received news today about ESB so same info here. Wasn't sure about the extractor fan but looks like will be there. Would be interested in knowing broadband and other services available too. Does anyone know if that mall building near the DART will be opening any time soon? And any good gyms in the area? (sorry for the last sort of off topic questions :))

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Similar to Parkedge, if you want it quickly then only Virgin media has a ready to go connection. For Sky broadband you need to get phone line connected first and Afaik this means getting into contract with Eir (Eircom) first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 ifaour

Are people taking the Dart to/from the city (e.g. pearse)? how's the commute?
    Also how long does it take to walk from the estate to the Dart station?

Advertisement