Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DaveX

DART to town should be around 20mins if I remember well. Depends on house exactly but for me it was less than 10mins walk, probablyu around 7. Won't be using it for now but great backup and one never knows, plenty of offices in town with very bad parking conditions..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

ifaour wrote: »
    Are people talking the Dart to/from the city (e.g. pearse)? how's the commute?
    Also how long does it take to walk from the estate to the Dart station?

It's all right, although it's better not to believe the Irish Rail posted journey times - 17 minutes to Connolly to 24 minutes to GCD are mostly fantasy, more often it's respectively 20 and 30 minutes. There can be various hold ups, but the strangest of them all has to be the driver change happening something like 100 meters from the Clontarf station.

Some of the commuter services to Drogheda stop in Clongriffin, it's a nice plus as it takes only about 15 minutes to Pearse (no stops other than Connolly and Tara St.).

The one real issue is with the 30 minutes interval between DARTs, if you miss your train by the nick of time it's a pretty long wait.

On a completely separate note, any news about shops/services? The area is pretty well populated now, it still strikes me how most of the commercial premises lay empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pm073131

Hi - Does anyone know if any kind of construction/re-fitment is allowed in the Attic in Belltree?

I've seen the show houses and some of these have Attics which could be converted into a small room. Any idea if such type of re-modelling would be allowed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

pm073131 wrote: »
    Hi - Does anyone know if any kind of construction/re-fitment is allowed in the Attic in Belltree?

I've seen the show houses and some of these have Attics which could be converted into a small room. Any idea if such type of re-modelling would be allowed?

After you move in, it's your house to remodel as you please.
    Bear in mind an attic conversion needs to comply with strict structural and fire safety regulations soonest to get an engineer to see if the roof trusses can be converted easily. You also need a means of escape so a Velux window to the rear would avoid the need for planning.

Today got a reply that the original date for snag would not be met, that an update would be given mid this week. Supposed to be down to ESB still not being connected.

Anyone similar experience? Any other info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

DaveX wrote: »
    Today got a reply that the original date for snag would not be met, that an update would be given mid this week. Supposed to be down to ESB still not being connected.

Anyone similar experience? Any other info?

Same thing was said to us and it put out our date for the snag by a week.
    Original told the 10th Oct and then the 17th Oct which it did proceed on.

Same thing was said to us and it put out our date for the snag by a week.
    Original told the 10th Oct and then the 17th Oct which it did proceed on.

You got yours this October (a few weeks back)?
    I do hope that will be the case with ours as well, don't mind one week really just hope it doesn't turn into more delays..
    Is a sort of relief though to see a similar delay was just one week, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

DaveX wrote: »
    You got yours this October (a few weeks back)?
    I do hope that will be the case with ours as well, don't mind one week really just hope it doesn't turn into more delays..
    Is a sort of relief though to see a similar delay was just one week, thanks.

Yep a few weeks ago...and had the de/re-snag today. Most things done but a couple still outstanding...paperwork not back from Council yet so not holding anything up. Strange that they don't cut out the area for the hob to go into. (btw- anybody looking for cooker hood model it's Teka DG 650)

There was an ESB van out there today so hopefully you're hooked up soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rockygizmo

How long have people waited for keys since doing the snag? Waiting for a snag date(hopefully this or next week)
    Hoping to be in by Christmas is this realistic given people experiences?

rockygizmo wrote: »
    How long have people waited for keys since doing the snag? Waiting for a snag date(hopefully this or next week)
    Hoping to be in by Christmas is this realistic given people experiences?

We were supposed to have the 11th this Friday for the snag originally and so far the only info I got is that it will not be met due to a delay connecting ESB. I was promised an update later on this week. No information as to how long it will be delayed.

• Advertisement

Anyone waiting for their house any updates?

We were supposed to have the snag date tomorrow but literally yesterday (2 days before it) got informed it would be delayed by roughly 3 weeks and even that would not be 100% certain
    After digging for more info have been told that they don't think it will be ready altogether before Christmas even
    I get that these things happen but was absolutely shocked at the notice period given if one can call it that

• Registered Users Posts: 15 madster

Question for old homeowners in the area.

Did any of you install a Water Softener? And if yes, where? (kitchen cabinets look very small for that...)

After 1 year I'm already replacing the shower bar, and I need to descale kettle and other appliances frequently. Water is so much harder than city center... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Strange. I do not have such issues. Granted, I use Britta filter for the kettle and the coffee maker so this is probably why I do not have a single speck of limescale there but shower heads also seem OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

The shopping centre won't open. Gannon is changing the site usage to office usage

www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=4054/16

They argue that Clare hall is close enough. ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

It isn't scrapping the shops fully, the application is not to change the ground floor.
    They are arguing there isn't demand for 2 floors of shopping, and that a smaller supermarket space would be more likely to get a tenant.
    So smaller supermarket (Aldi/Lidl size) on ground floor, offices above

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

In my opinion it's not so bad. I don't think a lot of tenants would come forward to open a shop in an area that's not yet developed at its full potential. By the time Gannon finish the plans, shops would risk losing out if they opened too early.
    Offices, on the other hand, would bring in people walking around, cafes, potentially more frequent trains - overall the place would be more lively :) There are a good few ground floor units on the main road that could turn into shops at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I think it's a good idea as well. There is alot in Clongiriffin. Barbers, Hairdressers off licence, restaurants a centra. Another small supermarket and maybe a cafe or 2 is enough. If offices rent out at full capacity that's alot of extra people, and business for these placs.

I live in The Coast and we have nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Belltree

Hi All,

I notice the main bathroom velux in the new phase of 3 story houses have been changed to a sun tunnel type window. Myself and my husband are at logger heads about this change, he reckons it would be easy enough for us to fit it out with an opening velux later on. We have been trying to arrange an inspection but have yet to receive a response from Sherry Fitz.

Just wondering, those of you that have moved in / inspected the build, how are you finding the light / ventilation in the bathroom?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

In my opinion it's not so bad. I don't think a lot of tenants would come forward to open a shop in an area that's not yet developed at its full potential. By the time Gannon finish the plans, shops would risk losing out if they opened too early.
    Offices, on the other hand, would bring in people walking around, cafes, potentially more frequent trains - overall the place would be more lively :) There are a good few ground floor units on the main road that could turn into shops at that point.

It's a bit of a "dog chasing its own tail" situation - the place isn't more "lively" exactly because there being no actually useful shops, most people are somewhere else most of the time.

Between 17.00 and 19.00 there is an absolute stream of people coming out of the DART and buses, I've been there 12 months and I've seen the population grow exponentially; If there was say a Tesco, Lidl, Aldi or Supervalu in the "Shopping centre" building they'd be placed extremely well - basically everybody coming home from work would stop there to pick up something for dinner, those small things missing in the kitchen and so on.
    As it stands most, including myself, get home, collect the car keys and drive to Donaghmede or Clare Hall. Same story during the week end - need anything? It's off to the Coolock Lidl and whatnot. Being able to just walk 5 minutes to pick up the weekly shopping and back would be great.

What the area doesn't need are bookies and the kind of crowd they inevitably attract - there was an advert for a Paddy Power point but it was luckily torn down...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Belltree wrote: »
    Hi All,

I notice the main bathroom velux in the new phase of 3 story houses have been changed to a sun tunnel type window. Myself and my husband are at logger heads about this change, he reckons it would be easy enough for us to fit it out with an opening velux later on. We have been trying to arrange an inspection but have yet to receive a response from Sherry Fitz.

Just wondering, those of you that have moved in / inspected the build, how are you finding the light / ventilation in the bathroom?

Thanks

Is this the 3 story house( Type A) on park avenue. If so which block 1,2,3. Block 1 has people moved in, block 2 is due for inspection in the next week or two and block 3 is still being built.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Thanks

Not a straight forward job to swap out.
    You need to double up on rafters around all Velux windows and then flash them using their flashing kit. The light tunnel is most likely smaller than any Velux so it's a bigger job than you think.

I'll be in them this week so I'll try check.

Thanks CT2 and kceire.

That would be great if you could let me know. It's quiet a significant change to plans in my opinion and is considerably smaller so it has to affect the amount of light let in. Builders have used health and safety as reason for change. I just have fears of a dark, damp and grim bathroom without a functioning window!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks CT2 and kceire.

That would be great if you could let me know. It's quiet a significant change to plans in my opinion and is considerably smaller so it has to affect the amount of light let in. Builders have used health and safety as reason for change. I just have fears of a dark, damp and grim bathroom without a functioning window!

Had a sun tunnel in a previous house and no such issues in the four years I lived there. It was the main bathroom in a four bed semi and no problems. Light was good and bad a decent extractor fan.

Thanks CT2 and kceire.

I wouldn't worry about it.
    Make no mistake though, Gannon are fitting them to cut costs but at the very least it will be fitted correctly and neatly judging by their previous works.

Does the bathroom contain any other window or just a mechanical extractor fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

So they have changed a feature on the house. How to you legally stand with these deviations. I was expecting the same as the show house up stairs.

@Kceire are you inspecting your house on park avenue this week.

CT2 wrote: »
    So they have changed a feature on the house. How to you legally stand with these deviations. I was expecting the same as the show house up stairs.

@Kceire are you inspecting your house on park avenue this week.

It's a design deviation and the builder is allowed to do it.
    You'll most likely see it in the small print of your sales brochure or booking contract.

Similar to Parkedge, the developer changed from solar panels to solar PV.

In theory he can swap from timber frame to brick built to concrete panels as long at it complies with the planning and current building regulations.

Unfortunately CT2 there is nothing we can do about the window other than decide on whether we can live with it or not

Thanks Kceire, I have no doubt as to why it was changed but it is certainly not minor imo. I'm not sure if there is an extractor fan but I would be highly surprised if there was not, surely an Architect would not sign off on a bathroom without ventilation? The extractor fan I imagine will have to run for a while after showers/baths to prevent damp, the main bathroom is beside the master bedroom so there might be a noise element too depending on how loud it is. I've been advised by a friend to remove it and fit it with a remote controlled velux.

We're on the last row and we have been told they will be completed in March, so those of you that get in before us might let us know how it looks from inside.

Does anyone know if the shower in the A-type main bathroom is connected to the pump? The one in the show house seems to be a measly hose of a thing and wasn't fitted to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

H3llR4iser wrote: »

It's a bit of a "dog chasing its own tail" situation - the place isn't more "lively" exactly because there being no actually useful shops, most people are somewhere else most of the time.

Between 17.00 and 19.00 there is an absolute stream of people coming out of the DART and buses, I've been there 12 months and I've seen the population grow exponentially; If there was say a Tesco, Lidl, Aldi or Supervalu in the "Shopping centre" building they'd be placed extremely well - basically everybody coming home from work would stop there to pick up something for dinner, those small things missing in the kitchen and so on.
    As it stands most, including myself, get home, collect the car keys and drive to Donaghmede or Clare Hall. Same story during the week end - need anything? It's off to the Coolock Lidl and whatnot. Being able to just walk 5 minutes to pick up the weekly shopping and back would be great.

What the area doesn't need are bookies and the kind of crowd they inevitably attract - there was an advert for a Paddy Power point but it was luckily torn down...

Well, you are making very good points and for me, the more good things we get, the better. My understanding was that they will keep the supermarket slot and scrap the huge shopping centre above, where I thought businesses would not invest for now. I still think offices are good thing in the bigger scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Are there still houses for sale in Clongriffin.
    Preferably a 2 storey 3 bed in a good location - Can you please recommend & price if known.

Name of selling agent would be useful also.
    Thank You.

• Advertisement

Are there still houses for sale in Clongriffin.
    Preferably a 2 storey 3 bed in a good location - Can you please recommend & price if known.

Name of selling agent would be useful also.
    Thank You.

www.belltree.ie
    Loads for sale as they have just commenced on the next phase of 100 dwellings.

Advertisement