Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

kceire wrote:
    Loads for sale as they have just commenced on the next phase of 100 dwellings.

Is the next stage being built on the site that was formerly meant for the mosque?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Volthar wrote: »
    Is the next stage being built on the site that was formerly meant for the mosque?

Afaik the site that was meant for the mosque is now for a proposed nursing home which is a triangle of land between Parkedge and Belltree.

The next phase is behind that site and on the latest Belltree pdf has been labeled as phase 2 and further phases going towards the train line. There is also a reference to the proposed nursing home on one of the smaller maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

Does somebody know if there is a estimation finish date for the the second phase?

vmb wrote: »
    Does somebody know if there is a estimation finish date for the the second phase?

SherryFitz would be the ones to ask for an estimation- in the end for our house it was about 3 months longer. We happened to be at the show house on the Sunday after it opened up for phase 2 and quite a few had been booked on the Saturday so I would expect that you will need to ask what specifically is left at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ifaour

vmb wrote: »

We booked a house in the 2nd phase and completion date that we were told was July/August 2017.

They will start viewings for phase 3 in February (probably) based on Sherry FitzGerald and with target completion dates in 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Afaik the site that was meant for the mosque is now for a proposed nursing home which is a triangle of land between Parkedge and Belltree.

The next phase is behind that site and on the latest Belltree pdf has been labeled as phase 2 and further phases going towards the train line. There is also a reference to the proposed nursing home on one of the smaller maps.

Belltree Park which is the most recent commencement is on the lands where the mosque was to be yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

How many phases has there been built so far in Parkside and what's the planned dates for future phases to go on sale? I had a look at the website but couldn't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

The "masterplan" is published under some applications.

fH8E8NA.jpg

Klonker wrote: »
    How many phases has there been built so far in Parkside and what's the planned dates for future phases to go on sale? I had a look at the website but couldn't see anything.

If you zoom in on the above map, Parkedge is the triangular site south of the nursing home. That was constructed under one phase.

Belltree is immediately north of the nursing home and current 5 phases complete or nearly complete with the final row on marsfield awaiting commencement.

All the new works to the north east of the nursing home is Belltree Park and phase 1 has just commenced last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Belltree

Hi Kceire,

Did you get in to inspect the Atype last week in the end?

• Advertisement

Belltree wrote: »
    Hi Kceire,

Did you get in to inspect the Atype last week in the end?

Most likely yes, but I don't know them by that designation.

Any particular query?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Belltree

Sorry I thought you were inspecting yours, I take it you are working on them then? I had a query re the sun tunnel in the A-Type bathroom, specifically the light / ventilation?

Belltree wrote: »
    Sorry I thought you were inspecting yours, I take it you are working on them then? I had a query re the sun tunnel in the A-Type bathroom, specifically the light / ventilation?

Ohh yeah.
    You wanted to remove it and replace with Velux.

Have you asked James about upgrading before they put the tunnel in?
    the tunnels are fixed so don't provide any ventilation, only light.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

hi all

has anyone here completed their snag yet? Doing mine today so any tips of things to look out for would be a great help.

CT2 wrote: »
    hi all

has anyone here completed their snag yet? Doing mine today so any tips of things to look out for would be a great help.

We had a company do it and they found mainly minor things like the sealants around joins and the paint work finish around light fittings/vents.

Make sure you bring a tall ladder to get up to the attic- the one more important snag item was making sure the work around the party wall and where the top of the wall where it meets the roof was fillled in.

They were quick enough to finish the items off and have the de-snag. Best of luck!

Thanks @irishbigfoot

I have a surveyor with me today, don't have a ladder with me, but I'll try get that part checked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

What is the surveyor doing for you without a ladder? Looks like he is inspecting the house but he is not going to look at the attic? Ive found lots of surveyors who carry on like this. Too much trouble for them to go into the attic, lol. There can be lots of things amiss in an attic. When I cary out a snaglist for a customer I always carry a ladder, headlamp, torch etc. & also couple of screwdrivers etc. just in case they are required

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

View house following the 'sun' ^/ light. Shows up scratches on window glass.
    Watering can - make sure shower enclosure is sealed.
    Turn on heat & check rads.
    Bring hairdryer - check all sockets.
    Flush toilets - make sure they refill.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

CT2 wrote:

Mine was missing water tank's insulation. Also pipes in the attic lacked insulation. Apart from this few minor items with decoration.

Mine was missing water tank's insulation. Also pipes in the attic lacked insulation. Apart from this few minor items with decoration.

Sometimes they may not be required if located within the thermal envelope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Mattwm

Hi all,

We recently purchased a house in the phase been built currently, completion date of next June. I know I'm jumping the gun, but what broadband and TVs provider is best around the area.

Thanks

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rockygizmo

Mattwm wrote: »
    Hi all,

We recently purchased a house in the phase been built currently, completion date of next June. I know I'm jumping the gun, but what broadband and TVs provider is best around the area.

Thanks

Matt

The houses are fitted with Virgin Media  cables etc, went with virgin myself as always found there broadband was good when I had them before. Got basic Tv and broadband with them worked out cheapest for the first year also.

rockygizmo wrote: »
    The houses are fitted with Virgin Media  cables etc, went with virgin myself as always found there broadband was good when I had them before. Got basic Tv and broadband with them worked out cheapest for the first year also.

Just fyi for others- for Virgin Media the houses on the odd numbered side of Belltree Avenue have been hooked up now. From what the site manager said its for the whole block of houses so Park Lane should also be live now.

rockygizmo wrote: »
    Got Quoted from 750-2500 for carpet just upstairs. Laminate was around 2K just downstairs for all the quotes. The better the carpet the dearer it is, same as the laminate. You can do it as cheap or as expensive as you want. To do the house cheaply could be 2k all included fitting etc. Depending on floor type, carpet type could be as dear as you want. There is plenty of choice around though.

We just had carpets/floors fitted and the guys we had doing the work were great- even dealt with the incorrect carpet we didn't get off them- if anybody wants their contact information give me a PM.

I've just re-inspected today. Found a few minor things like paint spots but all looks good. I plan to get the keys at the end of the week.

Just fyi for others- for Virgin Media the houses on the odd numbered side of Belltree Avenue have been hooked up now. From what the site manager said its for the whole block of houses so Park Lane should also be live now.
    Thanks lads, as I said it is a bit down the line but would like to gather as much tips and information in the mean time to try have as much as possible planned before we move in.

It's also good to hear that the snag lists are only coming up with minor issues

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eva k

Hey all,

Just in the process of signing contracts for one of the type A units in phase 2 of Belltree. Does anyone know if the attic is suitable for converting?

Secondly would anyone be interested in joining a Facebook group so all the property owners can discuss things like snags etc in a more private forum.

Our neighbours in Parkside have one and it's proved great, they can share info on snags, security issues and any problems they experienced, as well as organised community events.

I can't post the link but if you search Parkside balgriffin in Facebook you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks

Eva k wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just in the process of signing contracts for one of the type A units in phase 2 of Belltree. Does anyone know if the attic is suitable for converting?

Secondly would anyone be interested in joining a Facebook group so all the property owners can discuss things like snags etc in a more private forum.

Our neighbours in Parkside have one and it's proved great, they can share info on snags, security issues and any problems they experienced, as well as organised community events.

I can't post the link but if you search Parkside balgriffin in Facebook you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thanks

When you say phase 2, where is that?
    Our records have phase 5 as under construction!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eva k

kceire wrote: »
    When you say phase 2, where is that?
    Our records have phase 5 as under construction!

Phase 2 of Belltree, they just started construction, with completion due in July/August

• Advertisement

Eva k wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thanks

A Facebook page is a good idea.

Advertisement