Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Eva k wrote: »
    Phase 2 of Belltree, they just started construction, with completion due in July/August

Agh, your talking about Belltree Park Phase 1.
    It's confusing alright ;)

Maybe different construction phases to launch phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DaveX

Wondering what seems to be the best pick for bin service in the area?

So far have checked and these are my findings so far:

panda, greenstar, oxigen - told me they don't service the area (was rather surprised)

citybin, greyhound - service the area but pricing seems considerably worse when comparing with my friend who is with panda, citybin seems a bit better with pricing than greyhound

thorntons - no one picked up the phone today, emailed them and will be chasing later

Am not aware of any other companies providing bin service in Dublin/Clongriffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

DaveX wrote: »
    Wondering what seems to be the best pick for bin service in the area?

So far have checked and these are my findings so far:

panda, greenstar, oxigen - told me they don't service the area (was rather surprised)

citybin, greyhound - service the area but pricing seems considerably worse when comparing with my friend who is with panda, citybin seems a bit better with pricing than greyhound

thorntons - no one picked up the phone today, emailed them and will be chasing later

Am not aware of any other companies providing bin service in Dublin/Clongriffin.

Thorntons don't service here either- had them in our previous house but had to give them up.

Phoned Greyhound and they phoned back to say they don't service the area either...only to have a Greyhound leaflet in the door the day after. If they can't get that right then I wasn't going to take a chance on them.

So that leaves CityBin...probably the reason almost every house out here has the orange bins! They also only give two options- pay 18 a month or 206 for the year...only weight restriction is within the reasonable limits one. So will be paying about twice as much as I was with Thornton but the service seems good so far. (in fairness Thorntons haven't implemented new pricing so that was going to go up as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Happy New Year neighbours!

Happy New Year all,

Just wondering for those of you who didn't get their hob areas on the press cut out (maybe everyone?) if you got any appliance company to do it for you or if you can recommend anyone?
    Also can you get a gas hob in (do gas pipes reach there?) or does it have to be electric?

Cheers
    Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Think the introduction letter said its set up for both,If you use gas it recommend a glass splash back!

Anyone have any issues with their oven set up. I bought a 3.6 kW oven and trying to determine if its safe to wire it up as 3.6kw is not for a normal plug! I would be happy if i had do rewire a circuit from the box.

Happy New Year all,

Just wondering for those of you who didn't get their hob areas on the press cut out (maybe everyone?) if you got any appliance company to do it for you or if you can recommend anyone?
    Also can you get a gas hob in (do gas pipes reach there?) or does it have to be electric?

Cheers
    Dave

Happy new year Dave! We had a relative do the cutting out with a jigsaw- messy business with sawdust everywhere so best to do it before you have anything in your kitchen. I did phone Powercity and had a call back to say that they would be able to do the cutout...but then when talking with the guy organising the delivery he said they didn't so it might just depend on the company and who you are talking to.

For the hob- it is plumbed with gas to the spot where the cutout would be and the cut off valve is there. There is also a normal plug outlet and a hard wired box which is what ours is wired into.

CT2 wrote: »
    Think the introduction letter said its set up for both,If you use gas it recommend a glass splash back!

Anyone have any issues with their oven set up. I bought a 3.6 kW oven and trying to determine if its safe to wire it up as 3.6kw is not for a normal plug! I would be happy if i had do rewire a circuit from the box.

Double checked the specs for the oven we bought and it is 2.99kw which seems to be the max load on a 13amp plug. I would get in touch with Moriarty Electrical who did the electric works to see what would be best for you.

Hi folks- has anybody in Belltree changed their settings on the boiler controller (located in the utility room)? Just wondering if it is straight forward enough to open it up or if you need to get somebody out to do it.

The controller itself seems to be decent but the downside is that the configuration of it is located on the backside and the pins are set before it's installed. The pins are currently set for a 7 day programme with 2 on/off times and I want to change it to the 5day/2day or individual day settings with 3 on/off times.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IrishWizzard

Happy New Year Neighbors,

Just wondering if anyone had issues with window scratching on the doors to the back of the house? or anywhere throughout.

We noticed this after the Snag and have been in touch with Gannon. They sent on an industry guidance document to determine the quality of the glass, but as the windows are damaged i would have presumed they would investigate straight away.

It's not a closed book with Gannon and i'm not complaining about there approach, as they have been quite helpful in other areas, but i'm concerned that i don't have a leg to stand on with this one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

Happy New Year all,

Cheers
    Dave
    Hey Dave, that was a big dilemma for me. By the way you might also need a cut when you put in the dishwasher (at least some dishwasher brands needed to have that done with the Parkedge kitchens).
    I asked the company who did the kitchen and had a bit of forth and back but in the end, it is the people who fit your appliances who need to cut it.
    We installed gas no problem, if you have a gas boiler for the hot water and heating should be already set up (you could always check with Sherry Fitz or Gannon)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ifaour

Did anyone reach out to Gannon Homes to see if they are considering applying for the HTB scheme? we bought in the second phase and would like to take advantage of this scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mattwm

I've just gotten of the phone to them as we have purchased on Belltree Avenue, The girl in the office is going to look into it for me and come back to me. I would presume they will be if sherry fitz were handing out leaflets showing the deposit needed to be saved before the HTB V the new deposit needed to be saved with the HTB. I hope they come back saying they will be registering as we are looking to take advantage of it also. Once I've heard back from them I'll update on same.

Mattwm wrote: »
    I've just gotten of the phone to them as we have purchased on Belltree Avenue, The girl in the office is going to look into it for me and come back to me. I would presume they will be if sherry fitz were handing out leaflets showing the deposit needed to be saved before the HTB V the new deposit needed to be saved with the HTB. I hope they come back saying they will be registering as we are looking to take advantage of it also. Once I've heard back from them I'll update on same.

Hey,

Any luck with getting an answer from Gannon?
    Would be really interested to know.

Thanks
    Dave

No nothing from them yet, I was up in the show house last week and the lady from sherry fits said they are in the process of registering for it. They were also handing out information about what the htb scheme will help people etc, so that would lead me to believe that gannon has told him they will be registering.

I'll update you tomorrow when I get to phone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Greguser

Just wanted to check if anyone noticed.

I'm in one of the 3 storey houses on Park ave. and there is a constant flow of air from outdoors through cooker hood.

This is happening even if there is no wind outside so my suspicion this could be due to poor installation of the extraction chimney.

I wouldn't mind this - but in the last week or so it kept temperature in the kitchen 2-3 degrees lower than anywhere else on the ground floor.

Hi All,

Spoke with the Financial director of Gannons today and he informed me that they are in the process of getting registered so you can start the process of applying for the grant

Mattwm wrote: »
    Hi All,

Spoke with the Financial director of Gannons today and he informed me that they are in the process of getting registered so you can start the process of applying for the grant

Great thanks for finding out and sharing! Have already started the application a while ago..

Greguser wrote: »

I'm in one of the 3 storey houses on Park ave. and there is a constant flow of air from outdoors through cooker hood.

This is happening even if there is no wind outside so my suspicion this could be due to poor installation of the extraction chimney.

I wouldn't mind this - but in the last week or so it kept temperature in the kitchen 2-3 degrees lower than anywhere else on the ground floor.

We're in one of them as well and also have the flow. Haven't really noticed much of a temp. difference however to be honest, only if you're standing right next to it you can feel getting colder. Not sure if and to what extent this is normal..

I've taken the hood cover off and at first look the whole system lacks non-return valve that would stop air to come in from outside.

I have thermometers in a few rooms over 3 floors measuring temperature/humidity - kitchen is by far the coldest place in the house and I think that unwanted ventilation through a cooker hood contributes to that.

I've raised this issue with Gannon and haven't received any reply yet.

Will update once I hear something from them.

• Advertisement

Has anyone eventually started the Facebook group for Belltree? Would be interested to join if there is one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Greguser wrote:
    I've taken the hood cover off and at first look the whole system lacks non-return valve that would stop air to come in from outside.

I bought in the previous stage (Parkedge). In my house kitchen hood is not a problem but there is a backdraft from bathroom extractor fans. It does not bother me much thought

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

Has anyone any opinions on the pros and cons of choosing between two house/location options within Belltree?
    I have a list of them myself but wondering if anyone has thought of something I haven't.

Myself and my wife have 2 options in mind. Orientation can be ignored as an issue.

A - a Type B 3-Bed of 112 SqM, located in the middle of the development, perhaps on Belltree Avenue or King Street. This would have an off-street driveway for 1 or 2 cars and be located on a fairly quiet street, little thru traffic.

B - a Type F 4-Bed of 134 SqM, located on Marrsfield Avenue. This would be on a busier access road to the entire development, would have on-street parking with no designated spaces (first come first served), with alternative parking available on opposite side of Marrsfield Ave and around the corner on Park Avenue.

Our intention is that a family will be raised in this house, and issues as kids grow up which we are not familiar with now are our main interest in asking on this forum. We know for sure that the 3-bed does us fine just now, we know for sure that the 4-bed will offer better future proofing as regards space etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Personally I'd go with the one with the drive way. To me there would be nothing worse than coming home in the lashings of rain and having to park away from the house because someone has parked outside your house.

Greguser wrote: »

I'm in a two storey but the kitchen is definitely the coldest room in the house- thought it was the windows/doors and possibly that it was the last rad on the circuit downstairs along with the ventilation taking out the warm air. Hadn't thought about the cooker hood but can't feel any flow of air through it when it's off.

ohlordy wrote: »
    Has anyone any opinions on the pros and cons of choosing between two house/location options within Belltree?
    I have a list of them myself but wondering if anyone has thought of something I haven't.

Myself and my wife have 2 options in mind. Orientation can be ignored as an issue.

A - a Type B 3-Bed of 112 SqM, located in the middle of the development, perhaps on Belltree Avenue or King Street. This would have an off-street driveway for 1 or 2 cars and be located on a fairly quiet street, little thru traffic.

B - a Type F 4-Bed of 134 SqM, located on Marrsfield Avenue. This would be on a busier access road to the entire development, would have on-street parking with no designated spaces (first come first served), with alternative parking available on opposite side of Marrsfield Ave and around the corner on Park Avenue.

Our intention is that a family will be raised in this house, and issues as kids grow up which we are not familiar with now are our main interest in asking on this forum. We know for sure that the 3-bed does us fine just now, we know for sure that the 4-bed will offer better future proofing as regards space etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Personally I would go with the 3 bed on Belltree Ave/King Street- and would agree with Mattwm that having your own space in the lashings of rain is a good thing to have...especially if you are planning to have kids!

Didn't know about the 4 room ones and not on the Belltree site or latest pdf there- (for anybody else looking you can find it on the Sherry Fitz site.

The F type is very similar in layout to the A type ones on Park Ave but with a couple of slight differences (the 2nd living room in Park Ave is essentially the extra bedroom in the 4 bed) In the F type, bedroom 2 would not have a bathroom so would need to go down to the 2nd floor (and similar issue in the Park Ave ones with the middle floor not having a bathroom) while the B type has a bathroom on each floor...important for young kids not having to traverse stairs to get there. The good thing about the F/A type though is that you would have the extra room for a playroom or living room so the kids could have their own space (well really I mean the adults can have their own living room and lock the kids out;-)

For traffic, Marrsfield Avenue is going to be busier and will remain that way I would imagine. Belltree Ave/King St is quieter at the moment but once Gannon finish the all the phases to the right of the park those roads will be slightly busier with more houses to access.

I am in a B type and there is also the possibility of converting the attic into another room (you might be able to do this with the F type as well but uncertain). Was up in the attic for the first time only recently and was surprised at the head height (am tall and didn't have to duck at all) and you could put in another set of stairs by using the upstairs storage room in the hall.

I don't know if the houses are moving as quickly as they did with the first phase but if you have everything ready to go and Sherry Fitz will let you put down a deposit then I would move quick on getting one type or the other before they are gone.

Personally I would go with the 3 bed on Belltree Ave/King Street- and would agree with Mattwm that having your own space in the lashings of rain is a good thing to have...especially if you are planning to have kids!

Didn't know about the 4 room ones and not on the Belltree site or latest pdf there- (for anybody else looking you can find it on the Sherry Fitz site.

The F type is very similar in layout to the A type ones on Park Ave but with a couple of slight differences (the 2nd living room in Park Ave is essentially the extra bedroom in the 4 bed) In the F type, bedroom 2 would not have a bathroom so would need to go down to the 2nd floor (and similar issue in the Park Ave ones with the middle floor not having a bathroom) while the B type has a bathroom on each floor...important for young kids not having to traverse stairs to get there. The good thing about the F/A type though is that you would have the extra room for a playroom or living room so the kids could have their own space (well really I mean the adults can have their own living room and lock the kids out;-)

For traffic, Marrsfield Avenue is going to be busier and will remain that way I would imagine. Belltree Ave/King St is quieter at the moment but once Gannon finish the all the phases to the right of the park those roads will be slightly busier with more houses to access.

I am in a B type and there is also the possibility of converting the attic into another room (you might be able to do this with the F type as well but uncertain). Was up in the attic for the first time only recently and was surprised at the head height (am tall and didn't have to duck at all) and you could put in another set of stairs by using the upstairs storage room in the hall.

I don't know if the houses are moving as quickly as they did with the first phase but if you have everything ready to go and Sherry Fitz will let you put down a deposit then I would move quick on getting one type or the other before they are gone.

We paid a visit this evening to check out the parking situation as it currently stands. Marrsfield Ave was packed with cars, clearly the residents of the existing apartments own way more cars than the number of spaces in their basements or they have decided it's easier to park on street outside. Either way we'll be going with the 3 bed with driveway, we could easily cope with occasional parking across the street but it looks far busier than we expected, and that's before any of the houses at that end of the Belltree development are complete. If the council were to implement paid on street parking along marrsfield Ave that would be a perfect solution to the issue for residents of those type F houses but if/when that might happen would be unanswerable at this moment in time.
    No wonder Gannons have priced them accordingly!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We paid a visit this evening to check out the parking situation as it currently stands. Marrsfield Ave was packed with cars, clearly the residents of the existing apartments own way more cars than the number of spaces in their basements or they have decided it's easier to park on street outside. Either way we'll be going with the 3 bed with driveway, we could easily cope with occasional parking across the street but it looks far busier than we expected, and that's before any of the houses at that end of the Belltree development are complete. If the council were to implement paid on street parking along marrsfield Ave that would be a perfect solution to the issue for residents of those type F houses but if/when that might happen would be unanswerable at this moment in time.

It's easier for residents to park on street instead of going to their dedicated basement spot. This should fade out over time as the sites are developed and the streets are taking in charge and yellow lines painted accordingly.

kceire wrote: »
    It's easier for residents to park on street instead of going to their dedicated basement spot. This should fade out over time as the sites are developed and the streets are taking in charge and yellow lines painted accordingly.

The planning drawings show parallel parking on both sides of M Ave, which I would think will mean that while there may be less parking along the street than now, there will still be a temptation for apartment residents to park in the spaces available. Thus I don't think there would be enough of a guarantee that the residents of the type F houses will be able to park on that street (on either side) on a daily basis.
    I know implementation of paid on street parking generally needs the residents to approach the council to request it. Maybe Gannons will be able to make them more desirable by getting some sort of agreement about putting that in place before its taken in charge.

• Advertisement

Yep noticed that the parking was very busy when I drove back that way last night- had only come that direction during the day before and wasn't that busy.

Also happened to notice after posting that one of the houses behind me on Park Lane has already put an attic conversion in one of the 3 bed end of terraces so an idea to expand it straight after you move in (Gannon won't accept any changes at all to the house plan but you could have somebody lined up the moment you get the keys).

Advertisement