Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Trinity3

Hi All,

I'm looking at one of the F type Belltree houses on Marsfield Avenue and have a few queries. Any info greatly appreciated.

1. Like the previous posters I've notices that this road is chocoblock with cars from the apartment blocks on Marsfield avenue. Will each F type house be designated their own parking space?

2. I'm not from the area and have young children. What is it like crime wise. Are there frequent break ins- car roberies?

3. Can the attic of the F type be converted. My guess is that the height and joists are not sufficient.

4. How do people with young children find the area in general?

Thanks very much for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

Trinity3 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm looking at one of the F type Belltree houses on Marsfield Avenue and have a few queries. Any info greatly appreciated.

1. Like the previous posters I've notices that this road is chocoblock with cars from the apartment blocks on Marsfield avenue. Will each F type house be designated their own parking space?

2. I'm not from the area and have young children. What is it like crime wise. Are there frequent break ins- car roberies?

3. Can the attic of the F type be converted. My guess is that the height and joists are not sufficient.

4. How do people with young children find the area in general?

Thanks very much for the help.

Hi

I have been looking at the planning documents related to these houses (ref 3199/16) and the parking spaces cannot be designated. There will be 13 parallel spaces along the street outside the houses, and 13 houses, but as they are on the public roadway it is not possible to assign them to any particular house or person, they will be used in a first come first served fashion.
    The architects report http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00570926.pdf states that "Parking is provided at a rate of 1 space per dwelling" and goes on to mention visitor parking in other locations nearby.
    It also states that "Disc parking for residents is a long term future option", but this cannot happen until the street is taken in charge by the council. Taking in charge may not occur for years as the developers will still be building between that location and the railway line for a number of years.

I can't answer your other questions

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ifaour

Hi

I need your advise on the following. We purchased in the second phase, signed the contracts and were waiting for the contracts to be signed by the developer. Now, I received an email from my solicitor saying that there's a change in the specifications:
    The Specifications reflect a change in the insulation from “partial-fill insulation” to “blown full-fill insulation”. This is reflected under the heading Wall Construction – External.

I researched online a bit and it seems that blown full-fill insulation is not always a good thing and it's more of a personal preference than actually a scientifically proven better alternative.

Do you have any insights on this? I haven't approved this change yet to do a bit more research.

I received same, wasn't under the impression that I was being given an opportunity to approve it.
    As long as the A rating is achieved I don't care what they use!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ifaour wrote: »
    Hi

I need your advise on the following. We purchased in the second phase, signed the contracts and were waiting for the contracts to be signed by the developer. Now, I received an email from my solicitor saying that there's a change in the specifications:

I researched online a bit and it seems that blown full-fill insulation is not always a good thing and it's more of a personal preference than actually a scientifically proven better alternative.

Do you have any insights on this? I haven't approved this change yet to do a bit more research.

You will not be given a chance to approve or disprove it. That's what they are doing and if you back out, you loose the house.

Ask in what way will the BER energy rating be affected, the exact figures?
    I would have no issue with this tbh as the u value calculation through the wall is probably still the same.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    You will not be given a chance to approve or disprove it. That's what they are doing and if you back out, you loose the house.

Ask in what way will the BER energy rating be affected, the exact figures?
    I would have no issue with this tbh as the u value calculation through the wall is probably still the same.

Thanks for your reply kceire!

My only concern is on the long-term, would this change be costly? for example if in 10-15 years this caused major issues (e.g. dampness), what would be the worst case scenario? and how much would it cost by then? (compared to partial fill)

And for the point that I don't have any options, can't I ask for an extended warranty (on the insulation) due to this change?

My concern is that they changed some of the build material that brought the BER rating down, so they compensated by using blown full-fill to bring it back up to the standard levels of belltree.

My only concern is on the long-term, would this change be costly? for example if in 10-15 years this caused major issues (e.g. dampness), what would be the worst case scenario? and how much would it cost by then? (compared to partial fill)

If dampness is going to get into the cavity, it will get in no matter what insulation is in there. It won't be theinsulation material that caused the damp ingress.

I won't pretend to be an expert on the differences between the partial fill and full blown fill, but I assure you, belltree is not the only housing scheme getting full filled in Dublin at the moment.

And for the point that I don't have any options, can't I ask for an extended warranty (on the insulation) due to this change?

You can ask, but I know what they will tell you and where to go :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Well now, how things have changed in the construction industry! Years ago they built with a solid walls made of stone. Then came empty cavity wall construction with concrete blocks. Then came cavity walls with a stupid partial fill insulation boards 1200 x 450 that it is literally impossible for them to do what they were designed to do - and everyone was told when building cavity wall construction to keep the 2 walls separate from each other! Now they are telling us to fill the cavity so both walls are touching each other! Lol what will they tell us next?

tradesman wrote: »
    Well now, how things have changed in the construction industry! Years ago they built with a solid walls made of stone. Then came empty cavity wall construction with concrete blocks. Then came cavity walls with a stupid partial fill insulation boards 1200 x 450 that it is literally impossible for them to do what they were designed to do - and everyone was told when building cavity wall construction to keep the 2 walls separate from each other! Now they are telling us to fill the cavity so both walls are touching each other! Lol what will they tell us next?

Technology moves on, we must adopt and move with it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

kceire wrote: »
    Technology moves on, we must adopt and move with it too.
    I understand that but it seems like people are suggesting ways to build without really studying them completely. It just seems funny that what certain people might have told you 5 years ago they are now telling you to do the complete opposite!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

There's a building and construction forum if you want to continue this conversation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eva k

Greguser wrote: »
    Has anyone eventually started the Facebook group for Belltree? Would be interested to join if there is one already.

It was myself who suggested it. I haven't created one on Facebook as I still haven't signed contracts yet. If it's going to be successful, the group should be private and only allow property owners in, and not potential buyers and others. It's not a forum to sell properties, it should be a forum for owners to help each other.

Also a word of caution to all who own properties in Belltree and parkedge and post on this thread. Its becoming best practice now not to discuss issues about your estate/development on such public forums...for a number of reasons...
    Security, devaluing your property, etc etc.

A private Facebook group is definitely a better option. Once I have secured my unit, I will join or create one. I think it's best only people who have signed contracts or who actually live there should be allowed to join, like in other developments who have groups. Search Parkside balgriffin in Facebook and you will see what I mean.

Hope I'm explaining myself well. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keane321

Hi,
    We have been looking at buying one of the three story 4 bed houses in Beltree and wanted to get some kind of idea on how much all the extras should cost - I am talking basic kitchen appliances and flooring mainly. Any insight anyone has that has moved into one of these houses would be much appreciated!

keane321 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We have been looking at buying one of the three story 4 bed houses in Beltree and wanted to get some kind of idea on how much all the extras should cost - I am talking basic kitchen appliances and flooring mainly. Any insight anyone has that has moved into one of these houses would be much appreciated!

just go onto powercity.ie and add everything up.
    The average kitchen could cost 3k for appliances depending on whether they are integrated or not.

Flooring can be done for 1500 or you could spend 5k depending on taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Eva k

There is a Fb group up there now if anyone wants to join.

Just search Belltree clongriffin

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MagicDay

Hi all,

I'm in the process of signing contracts for Belltree in one of the E3 house types. At this stage I don't have many contract queries and my lack of experience with property contracts also doesn't help me much.

Does anybody have some kind of advice on the basics I should not miss in the clauses or perhaps some catchy point I should address before signing the contract? Please any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

MagicDay wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of signing contracts for Belltree in one of the E3 house types. At this stage I don't have many contract queries and my lack of experience with property contracts also doesn't help me much.

Does anybody have some kind of advice on the basics I should not miss in the clauses or perhaps some catchy point I should address before signing the contract? Please any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Not being smart, but, have you not got a solicitor for this?
    If not, get one

Yes solicitor is on it indeed. Just double checking if I could be missing something known by others, never know always good to double check. Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mattwm

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has been given a completion date for houses on Belltree Avenue. We bought number 46 and was told it will be mid summer today by sherry Fitzgerald. Hoping it's earlier as letter of offer expires the end of may. That means I will need to go through the whole mortgage ring marole again 😥😥

Hey Mattwm,

Don't want to disappoint you but I just heard from my solicitors that they pushed completion dates and forecast is now September. Got disappointed as I was told July before.

• Advertisement

MagicDay wrote: »
    Hey Mattwm,

Don't want to disappoint you but I just heard from my solicitors that they pushed completion dates and forecast is now September. Got disappointed as I was told July before.

I'm really at a loss as to why they are going to be so long. We are down nearly every week and they are flying up. Our house is nearly at roof level now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Ask the builder for the estimated completion date. I was told nov 2016 and got the keys just before Xmas.

I had a loan condition added to my contract, basically if the bank withdrew my mortgage for some reason like a change in rules, bank valuation reducing or having issues getting life insurance that I would get my full deposit back and without any penalties.

CT2 wrote: »
    Ask the builder for the estimated completion date. I was told nov 2016 and got the keys just before Xmas.

I had a loan condition added to my contract, basically if the bank withdrew my mortgage for some reason like a change in rules, bank valuation reducing or having issues getting life insurance that I would get my full deposit back and without any penalties.

Going to contact them tomorrow directly and see what theyou say. I could live with a month delay and could probably get an extra month on the mortgage offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bluesmaug

Hi,

I was at Belltree last week and the lady in the sales office told me that there were three 3 bed available that were ready to move.
    And she also mentioned that there are houses available to book from phase 2 that will be available in September.

But I just got a call from Sherry Fitz and the lady there told me that all the houses that are ready to move in are sold out and only one house in phase 2 is available which will be ready in September.

Is that the case? So essentially everything is sold out in Phase 1 and 2?

Yes essentially Phase 1 & 2 are sold out. There could be some cancellation list or so, I believe houses from phase 1 were available from cancellation as they told us it was sold out when we first popped in around Set/Oct.

There will be definitely a Phase 3 though, which should come up for sale maybe end of spring to summer. That's what I heard from Sherry.

I received confirmation from Sherry Fitzgerald today also that completion date has been delayed by 2 months, July --> September

Did they give any reason for the delay? I was up for a look at the weekend and they were getting ready to put the timber up on some of the roofs. We bought in Belltree Avenue, were have you bought?

No reason given. I'm on the Ave too

ohlordy wrote: »
    No reason given. I'm on the Ave too

It's great the way they can delay it without giving a reason. Very frustrating

• Advertisement

We are on King street and when I called today they said our completion is still in July

Advertisement