Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mattwm

We are on Belltree Avenue and I called today and they said it is pushed back a month until August, However we were told completion date would be June so it is back two months now

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

ifaour wrote: »
    We are on King street and when I called today they said our completion is still in July

When I called the office I was told it hadn't changed, but not by the person who seems to be most responsible for giving out this info. The person I spoke with wasn't sure the info they had was up to date.

When that person returned my call a few days later they had the more up to date info.

Have you guy's been calling Gannon's office or Sherry Fitz. I have been dealing with Sherry Fitz

Sherry Fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PaoloS

Hi everybody, I bought a type E3 on phase 2 at Belltree Ave. I've been told I could choose the kitchen but they don't seem to care too much about asking me which one I want now and I'm worried I may end up with their choice. Has anyone been told the same thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

I got call a few months after and before my completion date about which kitchen to chose. they will ask you to sign a from on the choice you have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LP2017

Hi all homeowners, what time did you start queuing for your dream houses? Many thanks!

LP2017 wrote: »
    Hi all homeowners, what time did you start queuing for your dream houses? Many thanks!

Hi LP.

When we purchased we didn't que at all. Just went up to the show house on the Sunday, it was very quiet that day also. Not sure if it was because people were waiting to see what was happening in the budget on that Tuesday.

We were at showhouse approx 10.30 for start of sales at 2, agent arrived before 12, names were taken and we left and returned before 2.
    There were 2 ahead of us in queue
    This was sep 2016
    We were quite fussy about which house we wanted, had we not been arriving at 2 would have sufficed, i think about 13 of 30 were sold that day

• Registered Users Posts: 7 billcall55

Hi all,

I reserved a house in Belltree on Saturday (March 5, 2017). I've naturally got some buyer's remorse now, as buying off plans feels weird!

Anyway, while the houses themselves seem excellent, I was wondering what any current residents make of the area generally and if they know much about coming development plans. I saw a masterplan on this forum that included reference to a hotel and to 900 student apartments built over four or five apartment blocks!! That was news to me, and I'm not sure whether it is true. I guess within 4/5 years, it's going to be a fairly large development, and what it will evolve into as a place to live is an unknown I suppose.

Anyway, if anyone has any general comments on the area (or the houses), positive/negative or inbetween, I'd be delighted to hear them.

Thanks.

Bill

• Advertisement

billcall55 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I reserved a house in Belltree on Saturday (March 5, 2017). I've naturally got some buyer's remorse now, as buying off plans feels weird!

Anyway, while the houses themselves seem excellent, I was wondering what any current residents make of the area generally and if they know much about coming development plans. I saw a masterplan on this forum that included reference to a hotel and to 900 student apartments built over four or five apartment blocks!! That was news to me, and I'm not sure whether it is true. I guess within 4/5 years, it's going to be a fairly large development, and what it will evolve into as a place to live is an unknown I suppose.

Anyway, if anyone has any general comments on the area (or the houses), positive/negative or inbetween, I'd be delighted to hear them.

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill.

Congratulations on the house. We bought last October.

Although we aren't in the house we are only living 5 minutes away. The general area is fine. Don't have any negative to say about it.

I don't think the hotel or new student apartments will have any effect on Belltree as all the ground around belltree is housing with one apartment block in the back right corner.

They are currently building apartments up at Northern cross, which are a good bit away.

Hope this helps

The masterplan for the entire site, from Fr. Collins Park to the railway line, includes a lot of apartment buildings. The average building height increases as you get closer to the train station.
    It is available to view in amongst the planning documents submitted for planning ref 3117/16, on Dublin City Council Website. The below link may take you directly to it
    http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00586446.pdf
    I assume that Gannons are under no obligation to abide by this when they apply for planning for each successive plot they want to develop, if they decide to continue Belltree towards the railway no one can stop them applying. They may not get it of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Mattwm wrote: »
    The general area is fine. Don't have any negative to say about it.

If only you could have seen the area from two years ago. The dart station had zero broken glass but since then a couple of useless parents have moved in and their delinquent children go on a rampage almost every night and always over the weekend to look for more things to vandalize.

The dart station is used as a skate board park and the delinquents leave behind their rubbish. You're walking through a landfill on a Monday morning. They also hold a party there every Friday night.

If only you could have seen the area from two years ago. The dart station had zero broken glass but since then a couple of useless parents have moved in and their delinquent children go on a rampage almost every night and always over the weekend to look for more things to vandalize.

The dart station is used as a skate board park and the delinquents leave behind their rubbish. You're walking through a landfill on a Monday morning. They also hold a party there every Friday night.

Have actually never been up at the station there. That's a shame to be honest. With the exception of this I've not heard much about it other than the normal things that you hear about in any areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I'd say traffic will be a nightmare. The area seems so built up already with poor roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I've been getting the train from Clongriffin the last 3 years and its really gone to the pits, in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Belltree

This is happening to a few stations across the dart line and seems to be a recurring problem, Bayside is regularly vandalised and the issue seems to be lack of staff / security so I don't think it is fair to put the state of the station as fault of the area. I have seen these kids get off the dart at the station and come and go from the Coast / Baldoyle entrance so they certainly do not all live locally.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

We absolutely love the area and have had only positive experience. Fr Collins is right on your doorstep, shops, beaches, schools, Howth, Malahide close by. The location is excellent, we commute into the City for work so it is ideal for us, even just an evening out in the city is a quick jump on the dart. The houses are fantastic and really good value. You will have read all that in the brochure but it’s true.

I suppose the worry of a large development is whether there is a sense of community and in Clongriffin there is. There is a park run on the weekends, regular community meetings, fun days in the park in the Summer. There is a Facebook page for the residents of Belltree set up and already there people are getting to know each other and help each other out in the move and I can tell you they all seem like really lovely people. I’m sure the other users here can tell you that also.

If you are worried about apartments perhaps some older housing areas might suit you better. Clongriffin is a modern town, one that is a mix of houses and apartments and always will be. Personally we picked there over older locations for the vibrancy this brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Higgins147.0

Where is the planning application that indicates a Hotel and 900 Student Apartments are going in?

Where is the planning application that indicates a Hotel and 900 Student Apartments are going in?

There is no planning application in for this as yet, just an indicative plan of what they think they will be applying for in the future
    See my post on last page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

We have been living in the area for about 9 months. Houses are good value and very well insulated. I got to know a some of the neighbours and they are all nice people, mainly young families who bought and want to establish a nice community. New houses seem to be developing at a fast pace, which is encouraging. 
    Regarding the train station comments, take any place which is pretty much empty close to the station and these things will happen every so often. I do believe that it will resolve itself once the immediate vicinity of the station is fuller. 
    Finally, on the apartments, Gannon did apply for an apartment block closer to the station, but it was not specifically meant as a student apartment block. It was meant to be a mixture of one, two and three bedroom ones. A hotel and offices are also in the plans, although of course this can change.

ohlordy wrote: »
    Belltree sounds like the builder/agent and not like a resident who happened to buy

100% a satisfied buyer oh Lordy, Bill had asked for people’s experiences of the area and I was just trying to be helpful in providing my own, as I did when you yourself asked the similar questions about the area. People are quick to point out what they see as negatives of the area, I don’t think it’s that unbelievable that people actually like the are they buy in. Why not contribute your own experience instead of questioning the veracity of mine?

Bill - if you have any other queries about the area please feel free to PM me, a lot of the people that also bought visit the show houses at the weekend so you could always go and speak with them too, there are a few of us that have been living in or near Clongriffin before buying.

Belltree wrote: »
    100% a satisfied buyer oh Lordy, Bill had asked for people’s experiences of the area and I was just trying to be helpful in providing my own, as I did when you yourself asked the similar questions about the area. People are quick to point out what they see as negatives of the area, I don’t think it’s that unbelievable that people actually like the are they buy in. Why not contribute your own experience instead of questioning the veracity of mine?

Bill - if you have any other queries about the area please feel free to PM me, a lot of the people that also bought visit the show houses at the weekend so you could always go and speak with them too, there are a few of us that have been living in or near Clongriffin before buying.

Fair enough

Thank you very much!

I won't be there for a while yet, as I am told that the next phase (Phase 3) will not be ready until the end of the year or early next.

Thanks for the feedback on the area. It is naturally hard to get a sense of the place when it is so new, so much is still under construction, and the plans for the rest of the area are fairly fluid.

I would not necessarily have a problem with student residences and the like, nor with apartment blocks. It's just hard to picture how it will all look in, say, five years from now.

Anyway, all and any views on the houses (I have reserved an the three-storey type in Belltree) and the area would be gratefully received.

Best

Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

Thank you very much!

I won't be there for a while yet, as I am told that the next phase (Phase 3) will not be ready until the end of the year or early next.

Thanks for the feedback on the area. It is naturally hard to get a sense of the place when it is so new, so much is still under construction, and the plans for the rest of the area are fairly fluid.

I would not necessarily have a problem with student residences and the like, nor with apartment blocks. It's just hard to picture how it will all look in, say, five years from now.

Anyway, all and any views on the houses (I have reserved an the three-storey type in Belltree) and the area would be gratefully received.

Best

Bill

The houses themselves are very good. With our snagging and surveys we found that the structure itself is super solid and has no issues whatsoever. Our house is full of light and well insulated. As for Gannon, in fairness we can only say nice things. They promptly dealt with the snagging and also with a couple of hiccups we had after moving in. We also had tons of questions regarding tiling, kitchen, wall paint and random things like this and they always replied promptly.
    All in all we are happy and if we could go back, we would re-purchase.

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments.

This one is a bit of a long shot, but worth asking I guess: Is anyone on here living in one of the terraced 3-story A-types in Belltree or similar in Parkedge? I have bought from plans one of those (north facing), and I am increasingly worried about the downstairs layout and lack of light. None of the terrace A-Types are on show, so buyers have to use the end-of-terrace showhouse as a guide. However, it has far more space in the downstairs family room and far more sources of natural light throughout. Its obviously comparable to the terraced version, but only to a degree. It's very hard to know how the house will actually look (how cramped or dark it might be downstairs) when there is no access to an identical showhouse.

Anyway, if anyone had any views/knowledge on this, I'd be very grateful. The area does seem ideal, but I'm now just a bit unsure about the house.

Thanks a lot.

Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pattyfr

Hi there,

As Bill we also bought a type A in phase 3. I know is maybe too early for that but I'm already thinking about flooring specially in the kitchen. Can anyone tell me how is the kitchen floor delivered? Does it have concrete on it? Has anyone considered polished concrete floor on the kitchen ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Pattyfr wrote:
    Hi there,

As Bill we also bought a type A in phase 3. I know is maybe too early for that but I'm already thinking about flooring specially in the kitchen. Can anyone tell me how is the kitchen floor delivered? Does it have concrete on it? Has anyone considered polished concrete floor on the kitchen ?
    Thanks

Not a resident but was at the showing last weekend - I asked about the flooring and was told it was concrete on the ground floor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All ground floors out there are ground bearing concrete slabs except for a few in the southern corner which are piled and then ground beams with block and plank ground floors. These ones have a sub floor void.

Be worth checking which one is in your particular house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Regarding the train station comments, take any place which is pretty much empty close to the station and these things will happen every so often. I do believe that it will resolve itself once the immediate vicinity of the station is fuller.

The broken windows theory is a criminological theory of the norm-setting and signaling effect of urban disorder and vandalism on additional crime and anti-social behavior.

Please tell me you're not trying to excuse the behaviour as expected / normal? :confused:

Advertisement