Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rahzor

Did they confirm which block of the site will be released next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DBSdude

no, nor did i ask rahzor. Up near the park would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Higgins147.0

Phase 1 is sold and most people are in their homes
    Phase 2 is sold out and due for completion August/September 2017
    Phase 3 is already open and on sale a few weeks. Building has started from what I can see passing the site (I don't work for anyone connected to the site)

No idea what registration actually means but do you mean Phase 4? or Phase 3 Part 2 or something weird. I passed the show houses a week or two ago and they were selling Phase 3

the houses near the park are Phase 1 and all sold

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

xboxdad wrote: »
    Are there any plans to replace the STOP signs with roundabouts or lights in the R123/R124 and R123/Balgriffin Park junctions?
    It could cut the driving time down significantly in peak times between Malahide and Parkside/Belltree/etc... and it'd make it safer to drive there as well.

Thank you.

This drawing is dated January 2017:
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/media/Proposed%20Mayne%20Road%20Hole%20In%20The%20Wall%20Road%20Junction%20Upgrade%20-%20Scheme%20Location%20-%20Drawing%201.pdf

I took it from this page (there's more):
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/planning-and-buildings/development-plans-and-consultations/public-consultations/currentconsultations/mayneroadholeinthewallroadjunctionupgrade/

This is promising. The questions is: "when?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DBSdude

Higgins, not sure but that's what Sherry Fitz told me on the phone.

From what i gathered, only 4 bed 3 story houses left at the moment.. In autumn, they'll open up sale for the new 3 and 4 bed houses, that will be ready in spring 2018.

don't forget there is also parkside development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Metts08

Hi All,
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get to carpet and wood flooring laid in a house before snagging is due and or even before the next phase is ready for release?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Metts08 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get to carpet and wood flooring laid in a house before snagging is due and or even before the next phase is ready for release?

As a rule no as they could damage them and who would be liable ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Metts08 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Definitely do not get them fitted! Most houses that I have inspected and are supposedly ready to snag still need an awful lot of work to get them correct. Do you want builders muddy boots, tea bags, sandwiches all over your new flooring? Take your time, get the house to the standard it should be, then start your finishing touches. Life will be a whole lot better!

Has anyone been successful in making any changes to their homes, specifically the kitchen, with either Gannon or Cawleys? We've been told no changes, which I can understand with regard to power points or the manufacture of the cabinets, that it's easier and more economical to run off 40 cabinet units that are identical. However, we would like a higher spec countertop and want to change the door and drawer pulls. Has anyone been able to negotiate anything please? We are happy to pay more money and I understand it is a minor inconvenience but it is giving us pause for thought before signing our contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

rahzor wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful in making any changes to their homes, specifically the kitchen, with either Gannon or Cawleys? We've been told no changes, which I can understand with regard to power points or the manufacture of the cabinets, that it's easier and more economical to run off 40 cabinet units that are identical. However, we would like a higher spec countertop and want to change the door and drawer pulls. Has anyone been able to negotiate anything please? We are happy to pay more money and I understand it is a minor inconvenience but it is giving us pause for thought before signing our contracts.

I've bought in a different development but with Gannon building and Cawleys supplying the kitchen. I went direct to Cawleys and said I'd pay for anything extra (wanted a better counter top and a slightly different colour on the doors) but they said it was Gannon that had imposed a strict policy and that nothing could be changed at all. I was a bit disappointed but not enough to put us off buying. Maybe try ringing Cawleys yourself to see? But I'd be surprised if anything has changed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Pattyfr

Hey rahzor, we thought about it too but we bought it anyway. (I didn't find any house with a kitchen that fits me, lol) I hope we can discuss it later with Cawleys.

Does anyone asked to not have the kitchen?

Hi Pattyfr, I rang Cawleys myself and they too said absolutely no changes, even down to the pulls on the drawers. So unfortunate. It seems such a waste when they are new builds, even if it is a minor inconvenience- other contractors allow it as it is the sub contractors that deal with the alterations.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

Hello - I am from the previous development. I rang Cawleys to convert my microwave space into a press. Took them a couple of days to find the drawings for our development and provide a quote, but yes they were willing to do it (however in the end we changed our mind). 
    Please consider the following: we contacted them after having moved in and after the development was fully sold. Also, their business model is to sell in bulk to the developer, they don't really do private customers. As a result I felt like I was an inconvenience for them, and they are quite pricey. 
    Bear in mind that once you have moved into your house, nobody can stop you from hiring a different company to do new counter tops and handles. You'd be surprised of how many companies out there would like new business. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pattyfr

Hi all,

I was thinking here of the possibility to install a skylight in the kitchen, so we can have more natural light. Did anyone install one or search for the price of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 billcall55

Hi,

I've also been thinking of getting some velux windows in the kitchen (when my bank account recovers from the mortgage trauma, obviously). I'm presuming that it will not be an especially big job and that the kitchen roof will lend itself to skylights fairly easily. I can't imagine that, at this stage, too many people have installed them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Metts08

Hi, has anybody who's bought in phase two gotten a snagging/final release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Hi folks- just putting this up since I saw somebody hanging out the back of the house to clean the windows in Belltree. There is a much easier and safer way that one of the builders showed us when we were doing the re-snag. This might be in the hand-books they gave us as well.

There are two clips on the bottom and top of the frame- when you push these in it will allow the window to release from the edge and you can slide it sideways so you can reach it to clean. Open the window just short of all the way and look at the frame- about 10 cm from the edge you will see a small black piece of plastic that you can push in towards the edge (some have push printed on it). Push it in, open the window completely and then pull from the middle in the opposite direction and it will slide out (some were a little stiff and just needed a nudge) To close, just push the window back to the edge and you will hear the click to know that it's fully back in and the window will open/close normally.

Have noticed a couple of windows around Belltree that haven't been clicked in all the way so if you think your window is broken and hanging off a little then just push it towards the edge of the frame until you hear the click.

If you don't want the bother of cleaning the windows full stop, we used a window cleaner who lives locally (recommended from a friend)- €20 for front back and side- pm me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bellem2

I've bought in Phase 2 and I'm told snag will be end of September so hopefully that will be the case. Has anyone had any luck getting dimensions for their house? They don't seem to provide them and it'd be handy to be able to work out some costings for flooring/furniture etc at this stage.

bellem2 wrote: »
    I've bought in Phase 2 and I'm told snag will be end of September so hopefully that will be the case. Has anyone had any luck getting dimensions for their house? They don't seem to provide them and it'd be handy to be able to work out some costings for flooring/furniture etc at this stage.

Checkout the FB group- Belltree & Parkedge, Clongriffin (closed but ask to join).
    A lot more activity in that group now than here and somebody put up sketches with measurements the other day in the comments for a question on flooring...only the B type I think but you can always ask for the other types.

Thanks Irishbigfoot I've joined that group now, a lot more information there very useful cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bellem2 wrote: »
    Thanks Irishbigfoot I've joined that group now, a lot more information there very useful cheers :)

It makes sense that there's more info on the private FB page.
    This is a public forum so you won't get the level of detail required in most cases.

Have you asked the builder for a set of the construction drawings. Even if informal, it will give you an idea of areas but do not order anything until you see your actual space.

Yes I have but have only been given drawing as per brochure which obviously i have! The plans submitted to DCC although some time ago are probably the best ones to go on for the moment. But of course no plans can accurately show an individual house so as you say should probably hold off ordering anything! Thanks Kceire

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mileybichon

Hi all,
    My parents have bought in Phase 2 Belltree and keep being told that the house will be ready for snag in few weeks, they've been told this since July. They booked and paid deposit for the house in September 2016 and their original completion date was meant to be June or July this year. Does anyone have a date to do their snag list or a date for completion? I drove by the house at the weekend and they were starting to build the garden back wall, so fingers crossed it won't be too long more for them to wait.
    Any updates or advice would be much appreciated

Hi all,
    My parents have bought in Phase 2 Belltree and keep being told that the house will be ready for snag in few weeks, they've been told this since July. They booked and paid deposit for the house in September 2016 and their original completion date was meant to be June or July this year. Does anyone have a date to do their snag list or a date for completion? I drove by the house at the weekend and they were starting to build the garden back wall, so fingers crossed it won't be too long more for them to wait.
    Any updates or advice would be much appreciated

The best person to ask about this is the site manager James. Parts of Phase 2 have been snagged and some people have keys already...will just depend on which road the house is on. The road for Belltree Ave phase 2 is now open so I presume they have started there and King St to follow.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Also, the Insulation shortage that is occurring worldwide has had a knock on effect. Some down time waiting for the PIR then the realisation that it wasn't coming meant a redesign. Hence, some houses up there have full fill blown insulation instead of PIR etc

Makes no difference to the BER etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mileybichon

Thanks, they've bought on Belltree Walk, Dad was talking to builder today and he said his final inspection is being done this week so hopefully they will be able to get their snag done in 10 days. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nelsona

Hi All, thanks for all the information up here to date. I am wondering if anyone know when the next phase, 4 I believe is going to be launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cogotazo

Last two phases were released in March and September (every 6 months), but considering the new phases are already being built, it might happen before (January? February?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nivy

We put a deposit on a house on park terrace south. It’s been reported they will be ready at the end of April. It does seem to be moving on fast with the windows & doors in and the plastering inside seems to have been done. Have the proposed completion dates been correct with this development or have they been delayed? Just trying to sort out the year ahead.

• Advertisement

Nivy wrote: »
    We put a deposit on a house on park terrace south. It’s been reported they will be ready at the end of April. It does seem to be moving on fast with the windows & doors in and the plastering inside seems to have been done. Have the proposed completion dates been correct with this development or have they been delayed? Just trying to sort out the year ahead.

Hi Nivy- based on my own experience and from comments on the FB group- it appears that the snag dates are about 2 months behind for various different reasons. Best thing to do is to contact the site foreman James- might take some time but he will get back to you.

Advertisement