Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Just got off the phone with City Bin. They will collect all the new houses that are getting keys around now. The houses will appear on their system by tomorrow morning.

Friday will be collection day for those who need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vervloekte

Oppybar wrote: »
    Hey V, I cannot recommend our tile supplier, as different tiles turned up to the ones I'd paid for, much lower quality and I had a battle on my hands to sort it out! I do recommend Dylan, the tiler on site though, he did an excellent job and had offered to see if he could source the tiles I needed - I'd already bought them though! He can source them outside Dublin which is a bit cheaper...I think some people have found him a bit more expensive than the norm for tiling...but well worth it in my view!

DM me if you'd like details of tile stores to avoid;)

Hi Oppybar !

sorry I still don't have permission to DM here due to low post number. Can you please DM me place where you got the tiles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

vervloekte wrote:
    sorry I still don't have permission to DM here due to low post number. Can you please DM me place where you got the tiles ?

If you are looking for exactly same as these in your kitchen I recommend you talk to Rob, he will be able to help. Do you have his phone number?

Hey V :)

I spoke to Rob and he gave me the place where they purchased but the sales agent is not 100% sure if the ones they have are the same :D not to mention they need to be ordered from Italy where everything closes down for entire August ... I am gonna run down today to their showroom in Sandyford to double check if the ones they have are the same, but I just wanted to double check if there could be other place with same ones.

vervloekte wrote:
    Hey V

Hey, I have a spare tile lying about. If you want to take it with you to the shop. I will be in my house tomorrow from about 7:30am to 9-ish.

• Advertisement

Thanx V I found them !

They are called Ural Marengo and I found them in one place in Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gleNine

I took a drive around Clongriffin yesterday as we are looking to buy our first home.
    Preferably a 3 bed similar to the houses along the edge of the park.

I saw signs for Belltree and I registered my interest but I'm not completely clear on where this is located.
    There seems to be discussions here on already existing properties in Belltree - can anyone clarify?

Thanks!

gleNine wrote: »
    I took a drive around Clongriffin yesterday as we are looking to buy our first home.

I saw signs for Belltree and I registered my interest but I'm not completely clear on where this is located.
    There seems to be discussions here on already existing properties in Belltree - can anyone clarify?

Thanks!

Belltree is going to be massive with nearly 150 homes. As far as I can tell the 3 storey houses (3 bed + studio) will be built along the park (Park Avenue) and the rest around where show houses are being built.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

gleNine wrote: »

Thanks!
    Volthar wrote: »
    Belltree is going to be massive with nearly 150 homes. As far as I can tell the 3 storey houses (3 bed + studio) will be built along the park (Park Avenue) and the rest around where show houses are being built.

If you were in parkedge, then belltree were the ones opposite still under construction. 4 currently and one of hem is a 3 storey dwelling.

I think there's 100 in total split over 5 phases and wrapped around the proposed new nursing home.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭flashf1

If anyone is interested in a house in Beaupark Square (the green in the centre) my house will be up on sherryfitz from next Wednesday or Thursday. 4 bed end terrace, 1320sqf, 3 story ( not including a convertible attic, which is floored and has a stairè). Fourth bedroom can be a large family room in middle floor. Large back garden, 8fd x8ft shed, side entrance with large area for a possible side extension. Afaik this will be the only one on the square which is why I'll posting this, it will (I hope!) go quick.

Regards

• Advertisement

Just in case you are reading this: mains water supply to the Parkedge has been cut-off due to the new development being connected. Builders told me it will be back in about 1 hour. You will still have water that is stored in your attic tanks but there won't be cold water in your kitchen taps.

By the way, I am thinking of creating a closed group on Facebook or a separate neighbors thread here where these of us already living here can communicate emergencies and other stuff. Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Volthar wrote: »
    Just in case you are reading this: mains water supply to the Parkedge has been cut-off due to the new development being connected. Builders told me it will be back in about 1 hour. You will still have water that is stored in your attic tanks but there won't be cold water in your kitchen taps.

By the way, I am thinking of creating a closed group on Facebook or a separate neighbors thread here where these of us already living here can communicate emergencies and other stuff. Ideas?

There is already a page for FB: https://www.facebook.com/ClongriffinSSC?fref=ts

flashf1 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in a house in Beaupark Square (the green in the centre) my house will be up on sherryfitz from next Wednesday or Thursday. 4 bed end terrace, 1320sqf, 3 story ( not including a convertible attic, which is floored and has a stairè). Fourth bedroom can be a large family room in middle floor. Large back garden, 8fd x8ft shed, side entrance with large area for a possible side extension. Afaik this will be the only one on the square which is why I'll posting this, it will (I hope!) go quick.

Regards

If I may say: add a photo of the exterior, front of the house. Also a pic of the square as it is a lovely place for the kids to play and will definitively attract people with a young family. Cut the grass in the garden, add a table and 2 chairs to add to the 'look, you can relax in that beautiful large back garden' feel :D
    A few more photos of the bedrooms would also help. I'm looking through adds a lot as I am always on the lookout for a new house to live in Clongriffin. We have been in our apartment for 10 years, and while I like it a house would be lovely.
    While I think yours has more potential in terms of space / location, this one would appeal more to a potential buyer due to the quality of the photos: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/48-railway-road-clongriffin-dublin/3153382

They usually sell fast enough, good luck in selling yours, hope you get a good price out of it

Nanazolie wrote: »
    There is already a page for FB: https://www.facebook.com/ClongriffinSSC?fref=ts

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dado82rm

hi everybody i am new here so sorry if i just jump in in the discusssion....
    I saw that there will be new houses and the area seems to be named belltree
    Does someone know what will be the starting price for a 2 bedroom?

I am looking for a two or more bedrooms but most important must be near and well connected to Dart or bus going to city very early in the morning (i start at work at 7 am as i work as receptionist in hotel)

You that live in that area, can give some infomration about transportation? i have seen already google maps and dublinbus, and it seems well connectend monday to friday, my only problem is saturday and sunday morning....

Thanks in advance to everyone....
    Regards
    Davide

I do not think prices have been released yet. Your best bet is to register your interest and wait for SherryFitz to contact you.

Getting to the city center for 7AM during weekend can be a problem depending on where is the hotel. It is not too bad on Saturday as you can take the No. 15 bus from Clongriffin Park and Ride (departs 6:30AM) but this is only for Saturdays, on Sundays it stats later.
    Another option is to walk to Howth Junction / Donaghmede station (20 minutes away) but earliest train from there is 6:54AM, but again, on Sundays it starts later, just checked that for you. If you like the location you will have either negotiate your shifts at work or cycle on Sundays.

Buses and trains would be an issue on Sunday everywhere in the city as darts do not start before 9am and buses are hardly better.

I used to cycle to town everyday, if the traffic is light (as is on Sundays), you can be there in 40 min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

I am going to view these and I see they are starting @ €260k, anyone hear of any other prices above that? Thanks

Sono wrote: »
    I am going to view these and I see they are starting @ €260k, anyone hear of any other prices above that? Thanks

I think you are getting mixed up with Belltree Estate.

kceire wrote: »
    I think you are getting mixed up with Belltree Estate.

Oops!

• Advertisement

Sono wrote: »
    Oops!

Same builder though, good attention to detail.
    The show houses are timber frame but the rest of the estate are traditional brick and block built.

kceire wrote: »
    Same builder though, good attention to detail.
    The show houses are timber frame but the rest of the estate are traditional brick and block built.

Thanks for that, they look good in the photos and there are a lot of houses there if we are interested, hopefully they are as good in person

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

Hi there
    I am considering buying a new home in Belltree. As I am working from home fast broadband is really important. What broadband provider could you get in parkedge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tuchaibei

Hello,
    what is the latest on the Cultural Center? I was at the viewing on Saturday and the agent told me it has been cancelled but it is still there on documents submitted to DCC:

www[dot]dublincity[dot]ie/AnitePublicDocs/00522121.pdf

it is dated August 2015 and clearly states Proposed Islamic Center.

All publicly available Belltree docs incl plans are here, 3 pages:
    www[dot]dublincity[dot]ie/AniteIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx?grdResultsP=3

Is it a deception by the developer to keep prices high? Not that I personally mind the Islamic Center, I have actually booked a house there regardless but it would be nice to know what is going on.

Hi there I am considering buying a new home in Belltree. As I am working from home fast broadband is really important. What broadband provider could you get in parkedge?

Virgin (UPC) are here with their full offer. Eircom is also available.

Hi there
    I am considering buying a new home in Belltree. As I am working from home fast broadband is really important. What broadband provider could you get in parkedge?

I don't know about Belltree, but in Clongriffin, we have Magnet and it is very fast. I'm also working from home and only had a problem years ago when one of their servers was flooded

Tuchaibei wrote: »
    Hello,
    what is the latest on the Cultural Center? I was at the viewing on Saturday and the agent told me it has been cancelled but it is still there on documents submitted to DCC:

www[dot]dublincity[dot]ie/AnitePublicDocs/00522121.pdf

it is dated August 2015 and clearly states Proposed Islamic Center.

All publicly available Belltree docs incl plans are here, 3 pages:
    www[dot]dublincity[dot]ie/AniteIM.WebSearch/Results.aspx?grdResultsP=3

Is it a deception by the developer to keep prices high? Not that I personally mind the Islamic Center, I have actually booked a house there regardless but it would be nice to know what is going on.

Weird.... I attend meetings every 6 weeks with DCC and the developer (all welcome, by the way, it's called Safer Clongriffin Forum, and the dates are notified on the Clongriffin FB page) and the development is definitively cancelled. Gannon is building houses where the cultural centre was meant to be

Nanazolie wrote:
    Clongriffin FB page

Hi, can you post a link to the fb page or it's exact name? There are quite a few of them. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

One thing that has me a bit worried is the traffic/road situation. Like Belltree looks like a big development with 100+ houses. What is the traffic situation like in the mornings during rush hour at the moment? If it's bad already the new developments will only make it worse? Has anybody any info on road planning ? Or is it not bad at all?

Advertisement