Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

One thing that has me a bit worried is the traffic/road situation. Like Belltree looks like a big development with 100+ houses. What is the traffic situation like in the mornings during rush hour at the moment? If it's bad already the new developments will only make it worse? Has anybody any info on road planning ? Or is it not bad at all?

There is only 40 houses being built in this phase and they won't be ready till next June so could be a couple more years before traffic could potentially get very bad

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Sono wrote: »
    There is only 40 houses being built in this phase and they won't be ready till next June so could be a couple more years before traffic could potentially get very bad

Traffic during school drop times can be pretty hectic. However, there are a few plans being discussed with DCC and the developers of Clongriffin, Belmayne, and Marsfield to open new roads (eg open the road in Priory Hall leading from Hole in the Wall road to Belmayne). The dart timetable will also change at the end of the year and include more frequent trains with more commuter trains stopping here. I think it will be submitted by Irish Rail soon

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Currently 3 active commencement notices for Belltree. Phase 1 (4 houses). Phase 2 (I'll have to check), phase 3 (25 I think).

Once they determine how the sales initially go, phase 4 and 5 will commence as soon as. Total for the development is 5 phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

Can you guys living in parkedge let me know What the quality of sound proofing Is like to your neighbours walls? Thanks!

Went out again on Saturday to view these, can't get over the sitting rooms having no fireplace, some nice things about them also but in the end I decided belltree wasn't for me.

• Advertisement

Went out again on Saturday to view these, can't get over the sitting rooms having no fireplace, some nice things about them also but in the end I decided belltree wasn't for me.

Not many new homes have fire places due to air tightness and BER figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yea I spotted the new houses in fairbrook swords had no proper fire places either

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

You can always put a faux fireplace in. That's what I'll be doing.

You can always put a faux fireplace in. That's what I'll be doing.

Or I could buy a house which has a fire place, wasn't the deal breaker but it was one of a few reasons I didn't go for it, good luck with your purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Can you guys living in parkedge let me know What the quality of sound proofing Is like to your neighbours walls? Thanks!

It is OK in my opinion. It is not 100% cos sometimes I can hear neighbours baby cry but nothing to be worried about... unless he buys a drum set when he'll b a teenager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 emma2608

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone currently living here would know if there is a flight path over clongriffin and if so how noisey are the planes? Thanks.

emma2608 wrote:
    Hi, I am just wondering if anyone currently living here would know if there is a flight path over clongriffin and if so how noisey are the planes? Thanks.

I will be honest with you. Before we moved in I feared the windmills will be audiable at night but I almost can't hear them. Strangely they are a bit louder when it is rainy. There is a landing / take off path just north and it is a bit noisy especially when they take off. However I think I got used to it as they do not bother me anymore. My suggestion is come by in the evening and sit in your car reading a book for an hour or so. This will help you make a right decision.

I'm closer to the station, and even with the windows open I don't really hear the planes. I hear the trains and the station's announcements, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

I had a look at the show house last weekend and very nice houses I have to say.
    The same questions I have seem to have come up here:
    -noise from the planes and wind turbines
    -traffic congestion
    thanks for answering them.

Is there any issue with anti social behaviour or anything like that?

delux wrote: »
    I had a look at the show house last weekend and very nice houses I have to say.
    The same questions I have seem to have come up here:
    -noise from the planes and wind turbines
    -traffic congestion
    thanks for answering them.

Is there any issue with anti social behaviour or anything like that?

I'll give you the same answers :D
    Noise: depending on your orientation, you can hear the turbines. Apparently, it's worse for people on the other side of the hole in the wall road, eventhough they are further away. Most people I know who live on the Clongriffin's side of the park say that they are only aware of them in the early days
    The noise from the planes, I can't hear much, even when I'm standing outside in the park. And anyway, there are not that many planes late at night

Traffic congestion: this is my biggest issue, if you leave the house during the school run (8.30 to 9), you will be waiting at both sides of the Hole in the Wall road. The roundabout is a nightmare. The Balgriffin's side is a bit better, but then you have a long queue from the Balgriffin road onto the Malahide road due to the traffic light at the graveyard junction. As I said, there are plans to open more roads as this is an issue that I and some others have raised numerous times with DCC and the developers. They are aware that with more building going in Belmayne, Priory Hall, St Samson, Castlemoyne, Marsfield and Clongriffin, new roads are much needed. I'll know more at the next forum (sometimes in late November, I believe)

Anti social behaviour: during the forum, the local police representative gives us the figures and the crime and anti social figures for Clongriffin are within normal range. There have been a few bad cases of shootings reported in the media, but to be honest, in the 10 years I've lived there it happened 3 times and each time it was between members of the RIRA and local gangs. I walk late at night in the estate and never felt threatened. There is a security presence every night (CCTV car going around). The biggest issues we had were the gangs of kids pouring from the station on summer nights and heading for the park for drinking binges. Usually, a phone call to Coolock gardai will sort it out within minutes. Last summer, I called the gardai once, 10 minutes later the crowd was gone

Honestly, if you want to make an idea for yourself, come to the next forum and meet with DCC, the developers and the police rep. They will be happy to answer your questions. I'll post the date as soon as I heard from DCC

Nanazolie wrote:
    Honestly, if you want to make an idea for yourself, come to the next forum and meet with DCC, the developers and the police rep. They will be happy to answer your questions. I'll post the date as soon as I heard from DCC

Please let me know when is the next forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emma2608

Hi, I am looking at buying one of the houses in Belltree and I am wondering if anyone who has bought in the other housing developments in Clongriffin could give me some insight into the management fees. Belltree fees are quite minimal €190 a year with the advice from Sherry Fitz that these will be removed once the county council takes over but I am wondering realistically will the council ever take over? I know people in other developments who are still paying these fees 8 years later and the fee has risen considerably. Anybody any knowledge on this?

emma2608 wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking at buying one of the houses in Belltree and I am wondering if anyone who has bought in the other housing developments in Clongriffin could give me some insight into the management fees. Belltree fees are quite minimal €190 a year with the advice from Sherry Fitz that these will be removed once the county council takes over but I am wondering realistically will the council ever take over? I know people in other developments who are still paying these fees 8 years later and the fee has risen considerably. Anybody any knowledge on this?

The council can only take the site in charge once all construction works have been completed. Belltree is ne corner of a very large site. My guess is it will,be a few years before they are taken in charge.

kceire wrote: »
    The council can only take the site in charge once all construction works have been completed. Belltree is ne corner of a very large site. My guess is it will,be a few years before they are taken in charge.

Same guess here. Actually, we have been asking for DCC to take over for the last 8 years and it won't happen until all the land is developed. However, fees for houses have decreased in the past while fees for apartments (which also include the same fees as the house's, they are called 'estate fees') have increased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Oppybar wrote:
    G - I have signed it with a couple of amendments. I got legal advice on it - some risk, but I had finished snagging and practically I wanted to start work and avoid coming up against builders holidays at the end of the month. I am also not hearing anything about completion from KF or through my solicitor, so I am not optimistic on that front - hopefully I'm wrong though!
    Just picking up some random reply as there were many threads on the snags and builder delays
    My friend is stuck with the the same situation. His house was supposed to be be completed this week and. It the builder says they have now applied for registration to the council. My question is what's are the steps builder has to ensure before handing the keys.
    1 snag list
    2 register county council for completion
    3 ber
    4 land registry.
    Anything else you can think of as I will ask him to contact solicitor to get the status on these 4 items or more.. In case the builder brings up some new excuse
    He wants to move by or before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

gogreen81 wrote:
    there were many threads on the snags and builder delays
    My friend is stuck with the the same situation. His house was supposed to be be completed this week and. It the builder says they have now applied for registration to the council. My question is what's are the steps builder has to ensure before handing the keys.
    1 snag list
    3 ber
    4 land registry.
    Anything else you can think of as I will ask him to contact solicitor to get the status on these 4 items or more.. In case the builder brings up some new excuse
    random thread new ant edit tc any edit the last post. By random thread means random response from this thread... As ppl were discussing about the delays on builder. And talking to my friend . His situation is the same. As most of u described. So looking for more information on the steps needs to be taken by builder before keys are handed. The agent as someone said is a poor customer experience at the time of completion. They are only good in selling

To those who asked to be notified: the next forum will take place on Tuesday 24/11 at 8pm in the Clongriffin Hub, Unit 60, Main Street (just beside the barber's)

Safer Belmayne / Clongriffin Forum

Tuesday 24th November 2015, 8pm

Clongriffin Hub (Shop Unit 60) Main St. Clongriffin

Expected duration 60 minutes.

AGENDA

Incorporating minutes of meeting 29 September 2015

Environmental issues :

New builds – Belmayne and Clongriffin
    Coffee shop- Dart station
    Priory Hall update
    Taking-in-charge
    Belmayne town centre site –review
    Planning applications
    Waste management: local feedback on i) anti-dog fouling initiative and ii) local graffiti black spots.

Transport

Including :i) Belmayne Boulevard, & ii) Pedestrian lights – Clarehall Avenue

Garda Update on Local Issues.

General Area Updates.- Developers Report

Any Other Business.

Date of next meeting

gogreen81 wrote: »
    Just picking up some random reply as there were many threads on the snags and builder delays
    1 snag list
    3 ber
    4 land registry.

Parkedge has been complete for a few months now. No new registrations or completions are due.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blackbelted

Wondering, did anybody end up buying or moving into Belltree?

I am at the stage of putting deposit to Parkside which ticks all my preferences so far. However I have seen belltree houses online right after and I am going to see the show houses at the weekend. Price wise, its cheaper than Parkside, and the floor plans looks very similar to Parkside.

Also another question, why the road from Belltree to Belmayne ETS is closed?

Wondering, did anybody end up buying or moving into Belltree?

I am at the stage of putting deposit to Parkside which ticks all my preferences so far. However I have seen belltree houses online right after and I am going to see the show houses at the weekend. Price wise, its cheaper than Parkside, and the floor plans looks very similar to Parkside.

Also another question, why the road from Belltree to Belmayne ETS is closed?

Belltree are not complete yet and thus nobody can be living in the site.
    I believe many units are sold but no completion certificates have been lodged to allow occupation yet.

In Parkside there is only one house not sold so I presume you are thinking of buying that one out on its own??

If it was me I would buy the Parkside one. I think it looks better and I think the particular plot of that house is very nice.

Quick question about Belltree, I see they are advertising detached houses, is this a mistake? I only saw terrace houses when I was there a few months ago.

Quick question about Belltree, I see they are advertising detached houses, is this a mistake? I only saw terrace houses when I was there a few months ago.

Mostly terraced, at least one detached in phase 1. Not so sure about the rest of the phases.

kceire wrote: »
    Mostly terraced, at least one detached in phase 1. Not so sure about the rest of the phases.

Thanks for that, is there many houses complete now do you know? Might go back for another look this weekend if they are selling detached houses for 275

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 blackbelted

Thanks for that, is there many houses complete now do you know? Might go back for another look this weekend if they are selling detached houses for 275

Detached houses are not for 275k. this is the price for 3 bed terraced house.

Advertisement