Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

Detached houses are not for 275k. this is the price for 3 bed terraced house.

Wrongly advertised, they are going to rectify this on the system.

2nd phase due to be complete in August/September. 295 for an end of terrace 3 bed is extremely pricey, they want 280 for a mid terrace with a 3 bed with 1 parking space, bloody rip off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sono wrote: »
    Thanks for that, is there many houses complete now do you know? Might go back for another look this weekend if they are selling detached houses for 275

Only 4 complete at the moment as show houses. No official completions at all so at this moment in time nobody can buy/move into one.

They are commencing on the next phase shortly, so they may lodge Completion Certificates for the whole of Phase 1 together, that's what they done for Parkedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

Wondering, did anybody end up buying or moving into Belltree?

I bought one in the previous stage, parkedge. I would prefer the Parkside as it is located near schools and stone's throw from Clarehall sc. At the same time clongriffin has the dart. Designwise they seem similar but personally I do not like the white window frames in Parkside. It is personal pref though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

Welcome to the Irish housing market. A country where a mouldy shoe box is sold for mad money....

I actually find Belltree good value for money so decided to put deposit down on one of those. Been looking for over a year for a house and Belltree seem to be only new estate that wasn't insanely overpriced. Haven't looked at parkside as I don't see a point paying more than 300K for a terraced house

• Advertisement

Welcome to the Irish housing market. A country where a mouldy shoe box is sold for mad money....

Have you got evidence to support your claim or is it just a minor rant on the dart home......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭uli84

Ah i remember going to Phase 1 showhouse of Parkedge, i think they were priced about right then but I didn't buy, regret a bit as the park is lovely:) houses pretty overpriced now but still acceptable to most :)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Only thing about the park is will it be so lovely to be near in 12 years when all of a sudden the area has 10,000 teenagers

Only thing about the park is will it be so lovely to be near in 12 years when all of a sudden the area has 10,000 teenagers

Name any area in Dublin that doesn't have that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Can't think of one as high density.

Older areas have been through it so you won't end up stuck beside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Sono

kceire wrote: »
    Name any area in Dublin that doesn't have that problem.

Very defensive of any comments people make about the area that aren't so positive.

I'm sure the area will be fine and it's got decent amenities such as the dart station and m50 close by, could definitely do with a pub though.

Sono wrote:
    I'm sure the area will be fine and it's got decent amenities such as the dart station and m50 close by, could definitely do with a pub though.

A pub, shopping center, proper gym, gp practise, a primary school, better traffic control at the donaghmede roundabout...
    I heard all these are somewhere in the pipeline.

kceire wrote:
    Have you got evidence to support your claim or is it just a minor rant on the dart home......

He probably meant small old houses that are in a bad shape yet because they are in a good post code cost 500k+

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Volthar wrote: »
    A pub, shopping center, proper gym, gp practise, a primary school, better traffic control at the donaghmede roundabout...
    I heard all these are somewhere in the pipeline.

There is a pub in the Trinity Sport Club, I think.
    The shopping centre might happen when the area gets more and more potential customers. In just 2 weeks we have had the pharmacy and a beauty salon opening. The medical centre is worked on

Better traffic control will happen when the Hole in the Road bypass is built (still in progress of approval), and in a nearer future when the Priory Hall road opens. Also when the road in The Coast estate that links the Baldoyle entrance to the estuary entrance will be opened, people won't have to go around, it will certainly alleviate the traffic further.
    Primary schools: there are 2 in Belmayne, albeit stretched to the limits now. The permanent buildings *maybe* completed by 2018. I was told by DCC during the last meeting that more schools, above all a secondary one, would be an option if the next census reveals an increase in the younger population. The last one apparently still showed a majority of older people

Re. the park, the teenagers haven't waited 12 years. There have been issues with gangs of teenagers coming with the dart and heading to the park. Having said that, because the park is surrounded by apartment blocks and houses, people are very quick to call the gardai, who in turn are very quick to show up and clear them in no time. It has never been a major issue really

Sono wrote: »
    Very defensive of any comments people make about the area that aren't so positive.

I'm defensive about non truths and half arse opinions to be fair. I live nowhere near the place, but I do know the area well.

Facts are facts and i can't dispute them but when someone posts BS surely one can call them on it?

Sorry no evidence that's scholarly supported I'm afraid. However, I can invite you to have a wee look on the main websites like myhome.ie where you will find many tiny old damp houses going for mad money.

Sorry no evidence that's scholarly supported I'm afraid. However, I can invite you to have a wee look on the main websites like myhome.ie where you will find many tiny old damp houses going for mad money.

And its relevance to a thread about brand new, spacious, A Rated homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mel123

This post has been deleted.

I would be tempted (if my current sale agreed falls through), but i just dont think these will hold their value.
    When they first went on sale were they also that price or have they gone up?

Commencement Notice lodged for the next phase. 35 further houses to be started in the next 2 weeks.

This will bring Belltree up to 75 houses under construction, with one more further phase to commence after that AFAIK.

• Advertisement

And its relevance to a thread about brand new, spacious, A Rated homes?

No relevance whatsoever. Just trying to make a point to someone else stating that Belltree would be a 'rip off', when it's actually the exact opposite. Brand new A rated homes for under 300K. Best value around at the moment in my opinion, compared to other houses I viewed ( and I went to many viewings).....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Solasgeal

Bit off topic but anyone know the name of the new beauty salon in clongriffin? Thanks

Solasgeal wrote: »
    Bit off topic but anyone know the name of the new beauty salon in clongriffin? Thanks

Have you checked Facebook. Usually they pop up with a page there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Solasgeal

Have you checked Facebook. Usually they pop up with a page there first.

Yeh I've checked thanks, can't find anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

It is Lana's beauty.

I was wondering myself the other day, is there any hairdresser for women around? I thought that beauty salon could do hair, but I checked the facebook page and apparently not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

akesha wrote: »
    It is Lana's beauty.

I was wondering myself the other day, is there any hairdresser for women around? I thought that beauty salon could do hair, but I checked the facebook page and apparently not :(

REVV Barbers does women's hair too. The lady, Victorja, is lovely and very skilled. She has a seat especially for the women. Be careful, she is highly demanded and is often fully booked. I get my hair done there, always get compliments

Has anyone in Parkedge had any build/finish quality issues that only came to light recently? How were these addressed by Rathowen?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Commencement Notice lodged for the next phase. 35 further houses to be started in the next 2 weeks.

This will bring Belltree up to 75 houses under construction, with one more further phase to commence after that AFAIK.

Belltree is supposed to be 150 units why just one more phase if they are half way into the job?

soirish wrote: »
    Belltree is supposed to be 150 units why just one more phase if they are half way into the job?

Not 150 house. 100-110 units IIRC.
    They are more than half way into the job in fairness. There is only one more large site on the northern end to commence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 NewtoD13

Hi everyone, we are also looking at the Belltree houses, they seem good value, I really like the type E. I am new to the area and also to property buying, so I will be very grateful if people who are living there or buying there right now can help.
    1. Judging by the map, the DART is walking distance from Belltree houses, how long does it take you?
    2. Our kid is starting primary school in 2018, I assume we are late for the Educate Together and there is a huge waiting list already, what other good schools in the area would you recommend, so we can apply as soon as we decide on the house?
    3. Bathrooms - it says they come fully tiled, but does that include the bath, sink, toilet or you are getting just empty tiled space?
    4. It seems that upc/virgin are not there yet :(, do you think this is just a matter of time? Does Eir use fiber or the adsl connection?
    5. Is Father Collins park closed during the night?
    Thanks a million!

Advertisement