Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

NewtoD13 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, we are also looking at the Belltree houses, they seem good value, I really like the type E. I am new to the area and also to property buying, so I will be very grateful if people who are living there or buying there right now can help.
    1. Judging by the map, the DART is walking distance from Belltree houses, how long does it take you? No more than 8 minutes, if you walk leisurely
    2. Our kid is starting primary school in 2018, I assume we are late for the Educate Together and there is a huge waiting list already, what other good schools in the area would you recommend, so we can apply as soon as we decide on the house? Yes, sorry, ETNS is full and has waiting lists up to 2020. St Francis are on the same ground and may not be as full. There are other schools in Donaghmede which are very good too. Further up is Bayside that also has an excellent reputation
    3. Bathrooms - it says they come fully tiled, but does that include the bath, sink, toilet or you are getting just empty tiled space?
    4. It seems that upc/virgin are not there yet :(, do you think this is just a matter of time? Does Eir use fiber or the adsl connection? We use Magnet and are quite happy with them. Maybe there are other providers
    5. Is Father Collins park closed during the night? yes, although people just skip the low barriers to take a late night run or walk.
    Thanks a million!

Answers in your quote

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

NewtoD13 wrote: »
    3. Bathrooms - it says they come fully tiled, but does that include the bath, sink, toilet or you are getting just empty tiled space?

Bathrooms fully tiled with sanitary ware included including sink, toilet and shower tray. Not sure about shower doors though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

On schools, don't forget to have a look at the schools in Baldoyle my kids are in them and I have to say they are great schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NewtoD13

Thanks everyone! I see St. Laurence's National School in Baldoyle and the boys/girls St.Mary and St.Peter and Paul. Which school in Donaghmede would you recommend?
    I pulled the planning permission plan for Belltree and I see there is a school planned just next to the estate. Don't know if this was granted but it would be great.

Also for those of you who have kids to be enrolled in to secondary school in 2017, Educate Together are applying for a new secondary schools in Malahide-Portmarnock and Swords . They need parents who are interested to fill form, to be used for their application <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gavinmcg20

Does anyone know what the price range is for the various types of houses in the new development. Original add said 260,000-340,000; but now it just lists From: 270,000??

• Advertisement

Starting at 280k now, not sure about the top end.

Hi everyone, I read previous posts that the Islamic Cultural Center is a no go, however I wonder did the builder announced that officially, not verbally in a meeting, but in the press or written down or anything that keeps him liable?

I looked at the permission plan on the Dublin council website (3325/12) and there is an absolutely valid permission from 2013. As far as I know permissions are for minimum of 5 years, hence enough time left to commence the building of the Islamic Center. The Center is huge: mosque, créche, bookshop, library, mortuary, conference centre, restaurant, banquet hall, primary school and secondary school, community hall, fitness centre...
    I am quite concerned about the traffic that the center will create as Belltree is exactly next to it.

So I wonder, those of you living in the area or buying in Belltree - did you do some further research on that and did you speak with the builder on his future plans?

Thank you :)

The developer himself told me he was not building it due to a reversal of funding.
    Nothing on paper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

Could anybody tell me how much it was to do the snagging? And by whom did you get it done, any recommendations? Did you get a chartered surveyor for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

I've done the snagging myself. I went room to room thoroughly looking at any defects and noting the down.

I've been in the house for 1.5 years and nothing significant came up that I believe should've been flagged in the snag list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

We got <SNIP > and they did an excellent job, the list was so comprehensive, they really looked at everything. Also easy enough to deal with.
    RE the Mosque, I think that in the spot where the Mosque was going to be, they are going to build a nursing home and more residential houses - this is what we were told. Seemingly planning permissions has been granted for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gaia_scienza

Ooops I'm new to boards and didn't know you can't make recommendations on the thread. If you want more details of who we picked for our snag list, feel free to pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 gitsy606

We've bought a house in Belltree which is due to be ready late May, just looking to see if anybody else bought here and if everything is all going ahead on time and when are the first people moving in.

What are people's opinion on sherry fitz / Gannon , asked a couple of questions and don't seem to be very helpful.

Anybody know the possibility of the builders doing anything for us before we move in eg tiles in the kitchen and leaving the skirting only tacked for wood floors?

Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.

gitsy606 wrote: »
    We've bought a house in Belltree which is due to be ready late May, just looking to see if anybody else bought here and if everything is all going ahead on time and when are the first people moving in.

What are people's opinion on sherry fitz / Gannon , asked a couple of questions and don't seem to be very helpful.

Anybody know the possibility of the builders doing anything for us before we move in eg tiles in the kitchen and leaving the skirting only tacked for wood floors?

Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.

The builders seemed to help the buyers in Parkedge a lot so deffo ask them. I'm not seeing any completion certificates for the works just yet so nobody moving in anytime soon.

kceire wrote: »
    The builders seemed to help the buyers in Parkedge a lot so deffo ask them. I'm not seeing any completion certificates for the works just yet so nobody moving in anytime soon.

Thanks kceire, might need to take a trip up during the week and speak with someone there as SF and the contact in Gannon have said they cannot do anything.

The end of March was when the first group of houses were supposed to be ready so assume thats not happening.

What's the usual time line from when the completion certificates are lodged and the signing over of the house to the owner? Thanks for your help as just seems as if they are not telling us anything.

Also if anyone from parkedge could let us know what else the builders helped in would be great.

We also bought a house in Belltree. My feeling tells me that they will finish the second phase first or half of it and then release all houses at the same time from the first phase. I'm just hoping for no major delays but I reckon it will take a while unfortunately....

Thanks kceire, might need to take a trip up during the week and speak with someone there as SF and the contact in Gannon have said they cannot do anything.

The end of March was when the first group of houses were supposed to be ready so assume thats not happening.

What's the usual time line from when the completion certificates are lodged and the signing over of the house to the owner? Thanks for your help as just seems as if they are not telling us anything.

Also if anyone from parkedge could let us know what else the builders helped in would be great.
    We also bought a house in Belltree. My feeling tells me that they will finish the second phase first or half of it and then release all houses at the same time from the first phase. I'm just hoping for no major delays but I reckon it will take a while unfortunately....

Completion certs can only be lodged to Dublin city council when everything is complete, roads, pathways etc once they are lodged and validated they can be sold that day technically.

Just depends on how far the builders go before submitting them, bear in mind the very first 4 houses built under Belltree are complete now a couple of months but they haven't lodged certs for them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 moving_out

+1 bought a house in Belltree. SF not very helpful, waited long to get the answers for a few simple questions. Told us that no changes can be made by the builders. We wanted to do bathrooms ourselves. Initially we were told the house would be ready in August, then September, now October. It's quite a concern as the kids have to start school and we currently leave quite far from Clongriffin. Schools are another story, kids are on the waiting lists everywhere. I don't know what happens if they don't get a place anywhere.
    Nevertheless, the park and two playgrounds are nice :)

moving_out wrote: »
    +1 bought a house in Belltree. SF not very helpful, waited long to get the answers for a few simple questions. Told us that no changes can be made by the builders. We wanted to do bathrooms ourselves. Initially we were told the house would be ready in August, then September, now October. It's quite a concern as the kids have to start school and we currently leave quite far from Clongriffin. Schools are another story, kids are on the waiting lists everywhere. I don't know what happens if they don't get a place anywhere.
    Nevertheless, the park and two playgrounds are nice :)

Hi moving_out

Are you in the first or second phase,as we were told May/June and they were to be the last of the first phase and we have heard nothing further.

SF are pretty poor to deal with, they always say they'll get back to us for quite simple questions ( the name of the tile in the show house, measurements of the windows ) and just never hear back.

Yeah the park is great :) Hope you get sorted with the schools!

Hi moving_out

Are you in the first or second phase,as we were told May/June and they were to be the last of the first phase and we have heard nothing further.

SF are pretty poor to deal with, they always say they'll get back to us for quite simple questions ( the name of the tile in the show house, measurements of the windows ) and just never hear back.

2nd phase, the bathroom tiles are from Tile Style in Ballymount. You can see them here (PM me if the link is removed): imgur.com/a/Z0tZQ

Measurement of the windows? We couldn't even get the measurements of the building.
    The marketing leaflet was the best source of any technical information.

But the park is great ;)

• Advertisement

Hi moving_out

moving_out wrote: »
    2nd phase, the bathroom tiles are from Tile Style in Ballymount. You can see them here (PM me if the link is removed): imgur.com/a/Z0tZQ

Measurement of the windows? We couldn't even get the measurements of the building.
    The marketing leaflet was the best source of any technical information.

But the park is great ;)

Guys, it's for good reason you don't get the size of the Windows from the builder prior to moving in.
    If you go and try order blinds, curtains etc for a window that's slightly different on site then you are screwed and you will blame the builder for,giving the wrong measurement.

Ring the Assigned Certifier on the project and tell them what unit you bought, and ask them if they will oblige sending you some decent drawings of the house for information purposes only.

If you want to PM me the exact house you guys bought, I'll see what I have on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 freakyfraggle

Hi all,

Same here, I spoke to SF again this week and they are still saying May for completion of the first phase...
    Was also told that the builders won't do any extras/changes.

Re the tiles I was told the wet rooms all come tiled (floors too), is that right?

@kceire:
    Thanks for your helpful posts.
    How would I find out the Assigned Certifier?

Thanks everyone, I think Belltree will be a great place once we have all moved in!

Hi all,

Same here, I spoke to SF again this week and they are still saying May for completion of the first phase...

Re the tiles I was told the wet rooms all come tiled (floors too), is that right?

Hi Freakyfraggle

Good to hear, hopefully they are on schedule then

Yes the bathrooms will be tiled, it's the tiles in the kitchen I was looking for.

Thanks kceire , I thought that would be the case and told them it was for just getting an estimate and nothing more, just waiting for the show house to open back up and I could do it myself, , hopefully it will be this weekend, SF haven't responded to say yes or no.

I thought the kitchen would be tiled as well?! They seem to be giving different people different information 🙄

I thought the kitchen would be tiled as well?! They seem to be giving different people different information 🙄

Hi ..I think the back splash tile on the wall will be there but the floor tile will not, that's what we were told, also looking at the houses finished already, the floors have not been tiled.

Depending what you mean by tiled. The shower cabins will be tiled (I am not sure about the floors). belltree.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/6206_2697.jpg

SF have told me that all bathrooms floors come fully tiled.

Hi Freakyfraggle

Good to hear, hopefully they are on schedule then

Yes the bathrooms will be tiled, it's the tiles in the kitchen I was looking for.

Thanks kceire , I thought that would be the case and told them it was for just getting an estimate and nothing more, just waiting for the show house to open back up and I could do it myself, , hopefully it will be this weekend, SF haven't responded to say yes or no.

Just be careful with measurements. The show houses are timber framed and the rest are traditional brick and block so there may be some slight differences.

Hi all,

@kceire:
    Thanks for your helpful posts.
    How would I find out the Assigned Certifier?

Thanks everyone, I think Belltree will be a great place once we have all moved in!

Assigned Certifiers are http://www.cck.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

moving_out wrote:
    +1 bought a house in Belltree. SF not very helpful, waited long to get the answers for a few simple questions. Told us that no changes can be made by the builders. We wanted to do bathrooms ourselves. Initially we were told the house would be ready in August, then September, now October. It's quite a concern as the kids have to start school and we currently leave quite far from Clongriffin. Schools are another story, kids are on the waiting lists everywhere. I don't know what happens if they don't get a place anywhere. Nevertheless, the park and two playgrounds are nice

I bought in the previous stage, the Parkedge, and the selling agent was equally unhelpful. Once I signed the contract they turned even worse. Nevertheless I am really happy with the house. There were few issues but (slowly) builders were eliminating these.

Advertisement