Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

astra tyre issue

• 16-03-2015 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Just bought a one year old astra privately a month ago. Mint car but running off line. Brought it to the tyre centre to get balanced and to an opel dealer and not much avail. I just noticed that the rear left tyre is slightly different to the other 3 tyres. The other 3 tyres end in 94v and one ends in 98y. The 98y has slightly different grooves. I'd be fairly annoyed of this matters as it very bad observance on both the Opel dealer and tyre centres behalf who were both paid. Thanks for feedback

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

bs2014 wrote: »
    Just bought a one year old astra privately a month ago. Mint car but running off line. Brought it to the tyre centre to get balanced and to an opel dealer and not much avail. I just noticed that the rear left tyre is slightly different to the other 3 tyres. The other 3 tyres end in 94v and one ends in 98y. The 98y has slightly different grooves. I'd be fairly annoyed of this matters as it very bad observance on both the Opel dealer and tyre centres behalf who were both paid. Thanks for feedback

The number refers to the load rating of the tyre . the letter refers to the speed rating of the tyre.
    94 is 670kg , 98 is 750kg.
    V is149mph Y is 186mph.
    In an ideal world you would have the exact same tyres (manufacturer) on both sides of an axel.
    If the tyre sizes were different i would look to change but if they are the same i would leave well enough alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

9935452 wrote: »
    The number refers to the load rating of the tyre . the letter refers to the speed rating of the tyre.

Thanks yea I had googled that, ideally they would be the same alright but I just wonder is this what would cause them to go offline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

bs2014 wrote:
    Thanks yea I had googled that, ideally they would be the same alright but I just wonder is this what would cause them to go offline

Wheel alignment can be knocked off by hitting a pothole. once the tyre size is the same you shouldn't notice any real difference, as stated the numbers and letters refer to speed and weight rating and wont have any real bearing on the drivability of your car.

Advertisement