Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.A.R.E in The Woods Festival 2015

Options
  • 16-03-2015 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Independent Laois Festival gearing up to announce headline act this Weds. I was happy enough with Jon Gomm and the rest of the acts already announced!
    Interesting........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deka

Woah!!!! This is shaping up nicely.

All info taken from Hotpress Magazine this morning!

With Paddy's Day done and dusted, it's time to look ahead to the next big parties.
    Earlier this month we got word of the first acts set for B.A.R.E In The Woods this Saturday June 13 and today we get a bunch of additions, including that all-important headliner.

Esteemed London rapper Roots Manuva is set to be the big draw at the event in Portarlington, Co. Laois.

Also playing:

MR WILLIAMZ
    DAN SHAKE
    JOHN BLEK & THE RATS
    DIRTY DUBSTERS
    KING MODO
    DAH JEVU
    THE RADIOACTIVE GRANDMA
    MONGOOSE
    DEM FOOLS
    VAL NORMAL
    LITTLE X’S FOR EYES
    OVERHEAD THE ALBATROSS
    THE HIP NECK BLUES COLLECTIVE
    SLACKERS SYMPHONY
    FOX E & THE GOOD HANDS
    CPNHGN
    THE CARDINAL SINS
    CATLOVERS LONDON
    FUNKADELIC DUBLIN

They join the already-announced likes of Jon Gomm, Pikachunes, RSAG and Nanu Nanu.

There will also be comedy at the one-dayer, with Joe Rooney curating an arena that will hold everyone from Fred Cooke toPatrick McDonnell.

With Early Bird tickets already sold out for the one day event, a limited number of Tier 2 tickets are available at €30/€40.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

Was at this last year, have to say its one of the best thought out festival sites in the country. Serious structures and super atmosphere.
    deka wrote: »
    Woah!!!! This is shaping up nicely.

All info taken from Hotpress Magazine this morning!

With Paddy's Day done and dusted, it's time to look ahead to the next big parties.
    Earlier this month we got word of the first acts set for B.A.R.E In The Woods this Saturday June 13 and today we get a bunch of additions, including that all-important headliner.

Esteemed London rapper Roots Manuva is set to be the big draw at the event in Portarlington, Co. Laois.

Also playing:

MR WILLIAMZ
    DAN SHAKE
    JOHN BLEK & THE RATS
    DIRTY DUBSTERS
    KING MODO
    DAH JEVU
    THE RADIOACTIVE GRANDMA
    MONGOOSE
    DEM FOOLS
    VAL NORMAL
    LITTLE X’S FOR EYES
    OVERHEAD THE ALBATROSS
    THE HIP NECK BLUES COLLECTIVE
    SLACKERS SYMPHONY
    FOX E & THE GOOD HANDS
    CPNHGN
    THE CARDINAL SINS
    CATLOVERS LONDON
    FUNKADELIC DUBLIN

They join the already-announced likes of Jon Gomm, Pikachunes, RSAG and Nanu Nanu.

There will also be comedy at the one-dayer, with Joe Rooney curating an arena that will hold everyone from Fred Cooke toPatrick McDonnell.

With Early Bird tickets already sold out for the one day event, a limited number of Tier 2 tickets are available at €30/€40.

Sunny86 wrote: »
    Was at this last year, have to say its one of the best thought out festival sites in the country. Serious structures and super atmosphere.

Great to see a small independent Festival like this take off. I'll be there this June!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lennyantonelli

Bought tickets on a whim but curious to find out more from those who went last year — is it the kind of thing that continues into the wee hours or do they shut up shop early? Hoping for the former, obviously.

Bought tickets on a whim but curious to find out more from those who went last year — is it the kind of thing that continues into the wee hours or do they shut up shop early? Hoping for the former, obviously.

It was a late one last year from what I can remember! It was hazy fun!

Can't wait to see Roots Manuva

I see they posted on Facebook yesterday, Tier 2 camping tickets are sold out. (Day still on sale) Tier 3 is still only €50 though from Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 lennyantonelli

Good stuff, I just saw some pics from last year and they were all of folky/acoustic acts — which is great for during the day but just gave me the impression it might only be a daytime thing. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Played last year, and playing this year! Tended to be more acoustic and family friendly during the day, and more rock bands and dance acts into the night. Finishes at about 1 or 2 am on the main stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I was at BARE In The Woods last year and going again this year. There was a great atmosphere , the site looked brilliant and there was a superb spread of bands. It went well onto 2 or 3 AM the last time, but I was conked out by that stage. Bands played up to 12:30AM and the DJ's took over. Two things they need to improve - one was the toilet situation - there simply wasn't enough and by the next morning they were ****ing grim. Secondly I hope move the camp site away from right beside the Crannog where the DJ's played.

The line up is good this year with lots of great acts further down the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Any reviews? How did it go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Well, i really enjoyed it! Don't know enough about music to know anything about anyone that was playing, but I ended up seeing some awesome set (Roots included). The food trucks were tasty. Weather really helped things along. I had a great nap in the grass while listening to Jon Gomm(?). Atmosphere was great apart from the usual couple of gob****es who decide that being sociopaths in a field is a good time weekend for everyone. They had a fight in the middle of the night and we were up early enough to see one of them deck the wolf man / organizer - way to show your appreciation. My friends were in the tent for the whole comedy set, apparently there will be a good few kids going home with difficult questions for their parents^^ Not sure who thought it was a good idea to let their kids sit in on an adult comedy lineup, but hey, they were going to learn it all eventually!

dibkins wrote: »
    My friends were in the tent for the whole comedy set, apparently there will be a good few kids going home with difficult questions for their parents^^ Not sure who thought it was a good idea to let their kids sit in on an adult comedy lineup, but hey, they were going to learn it all eventually!

Great festival, would definitely go again.

The thing I found odd about the comedy tent was that it was literally a circus top in the kids section of the festival so of course kids were going to wander in!! Made for great comedy though, Fred Cooke being heckled by an eight-year-old was brilliant, I thought his head was gonna explode! :pac:

Does anyone have the line up by stage/times? There were some excellent bands that I'd really like to check out again but I can't match the names to the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

have to say it was another cracking festival, the layout was somewhat different this year with some new areas added on. the work gone into building the crannog (dance tent) was amazing fair play to the guys for this.. Jon gomm was amazing so chilled out, Roots Manuva was class everyone was having so much fun

I didn't make it to the comedy tent so can't comment, yes there was as usual some dic*heads trying to ruin it by fighting, but it was quickly contained by the security guards.

And most importantly the toilets were clean and plentiful...I can see this festival getting bigger and bigger and knowing the guys who started it I can only say i'm super proud of them

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Roots Manuva was brilliant, did Pikachunes play?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

GopErthike wrote: »
    Roots Manuva was brilliant, did Pikachunes play?
    no he missed his flight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Risteard01

yeah Pikachunes missed his flight, I seen him there though quite late and I think he was trying to get things set up to play after Sounds of System Breakdown, Don't think he did!

Advertisement