Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I connected to the nearest cabinet for Fibre?

Options
  • 16-03-2015 11:08pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi, I am inquiring if I can find out which cabinet I am connected to. I am told by both Eircom & Vodafone that the max speed I can get (with Fibre) is 15mb. The nearest cabinet is (by road) 350m & directly 180m from the house-surely I should be getting a higher speed. Is it possible I am connected to one that is further away for historical reasons etc?

Also if I am connected to one that is further away can I be switched to the closer one?

Thanks in advance,

Benny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Benny-c wrote: »
    Hi, I am inquiring if I can find out which cabinet I am connected to. I am told by both Eircom & Vodafone that the max speed I can get (with Fibre) is 15mb. The nearest cabinet is (by road) 350m & directly 180m from the house-surely I should be getting a higher speed. Is it possible I am connected to one that is further away for historical reasons etc?

Also if I am connected to one that is further away can I be switched to the closer one?

Thanks in advance,

Benny
    Hi Benny-c

This can be quite common as lines are not laid in direct sight of the cabinet and lines from the cabinet can ultimately take all sorts of routes and diversions before it reached your home.

If you would like to PM me your address or land line number I'll look in to this further for you.

I would like to advise that it is physically not possible to connect you to another cabinet and this will be something eircom cannot arrange I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

PM Sent

PM Sent
    Thanks for the details Benny-c

Efibre operations have confirmed that the max speed eircom can offer you is up to 15Mb, they have advised me that while the cabinets proximity suggests you can get faster speed the case is that the lines are laid in a way that extend this proximity.

I'm sorry I can;t offer you better news on this Benny

Cheers
    Al

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Efibre operations have confirmed that the max speed eircom can offer you is up to 15Mb, they have advised me that while the cabinets proximity suggests you can get faster speed the case is that the lines are laid in a way that extend this proximity.

Cheers
    Al

Ok thanks Al

Cheers
    Al

Ok thanks Al
    Cheers Benny

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement