Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bay Fm - Joke of a station

Options
  • 16-03-2015 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I logged onto the Gbfm site today to find out that Jimmy Norman has moved from the breakfast show AGAIN, He has moved off breakfast about 7 times in the last 10 years only to return to it about a year later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Assume its a public health measure as long bouts of listening to him will induce depression at a minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I don't think their listenership cares once it doesn't affect the death notices. Oh and their Valerie Hughes.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

And don't forget Keith Whingeagain!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

I logged onto the Gbfm site today to find out that Jimmy Norman has moved from the breakfast show AGAIN, He has moved off breakfast about 7 times in the last 10 years only to return to it about a year later.

Do you miss listening to him at breakfast whenever he moves,or what's the problem with a radio presenter moving to a different slot every year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Galway Bay = HSE News updates.

The station is obsessed with health related topics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't think their listenership cares once it doesn't affect the death notices. Oh and their Valerie Hughes.

Valerie Hughes incites a rage in me like no other. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Lapin wrote: »
    Galway Bay = HSE News updates.

The station is obsessed with health related topics.

Maybe that's what their target market wants, not every one wants wall to wall dance music

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Every Monday telling you what he done over the weekend with the family, up early for work home late after work unreal drivel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It's a desperately twee station, stuck in a early 1990's time warp but it definitely has a core listenership, particularly in rural areas, who'd never listen to anything else.

Jimmy made a big deal the other week alright about the "end of an era", his last ever breakfast show, blah blah. Who's he kidding, he's left the slot and come back again at least half a dozen time before... boomerang Jim will be back in that slot again before Xmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dom Phil Cobe

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Jimmy made a big deal the other week alright about the "end of an era", his last ever breakfast show, blah blah. Who's he kidding, he's left the slot and come back again at least half a dozen time before... boomerang Jim will be back in that slot again before Xmas :D

Yes he ALWAYS does that. He has saying the same thing about 18 months ago when he was moving to 2-5 in the afternoons and Ollie Turner was taking over breakfast but Jimmy was back on breakfast wirhin a few months. What is Molly in the morning that has replaced him this time ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Volvoair wrote: »
    listened to, only by ould wans in the whest of ireland...as for the valery hughes show....sweet jebus what a crock of ****e.....the ultimate in bogtrotting/paddywhackery/gombeen/ music.........

Ahh, surely the old wans are entitled to have their preferred style of programme, and you are equally entitled to listen to another station or just switch off.

Seriously... First world problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yes he ALWAYS does that. He has saying the same thing about 18 months ago when he was moving to 2-5 in the afternoons and Ollie Turner was taking over breakfast but Jimmy was back on breakfast wirhin a few months. What is Molly in the morning that has replaced him this time ?

Neil Molloy I think he is. Seems an inoffensive enough chap from the little I've heard him. Yeah I remember the Ollie Turner stint! That didn't last long, predictably enough - giving the Sports anchor the 3 hour breakfast slot - daft. Before that again, he made way for Gareth O'Callaghan (now of 4Fm) and of course Jim returned after that brief stint away too! There's definitely been at least 5 or 6 "last ever breakfast shows" lol

I see they've also given Valerie Hughes a prime lunchtime slot every day too! Her awful Country n Irish every day at lunch... Jaysus.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I see they've also given Valerie Hughes a prime lunchtime slot every day too! Her awful Country n Irish every day at lunch... Jaysus.

It's not even the ****e music that gets me. It's her tone. She talks as if she's reading a children's book to a bunch of 10 year olds. She never has anything insightful to say as she's always going through requests. It's the cushiest job on radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's not even the ****e music that gets me. It's her tone. She talks as if she's reading a children's book to a bunch of 10 year olds. She never has anything insightful to say as she's always going through requests. It's the cushiest job on radio!

Just change the station, obviously if you can.

Just change the station, obviously if you can.

Dad's a GBFM listener but when I get a chance the first thing I do is turn off the radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Maybe that's what their target market wants, not every one wants wall to wall dance music

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Posts in this thread have gone beyond constructive criticism into just being a dick.
    If you don't like the radio fine, switch to some Dublin station. It's not ok to use this forum to be a meano towards local personalities

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement