Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of the scumbags in this city ** Mod Warning in Op **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

If Limerick could successfully market itself, it had a nice advantage over the southern region, direct Transatlantic flights, up to 6 a day in the summer and they bring Americans in, and Americans spend a hell of alot more than Europeans. Good advantage there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Carnacalla wrote: »
    If Limerick could successfully market itself, it had a nice advantage over the southern region, direct Transatlantic flights, up to 6 a day in the summer and they bring Americans in, and Americans spend a hell of alot more than Europeans. Good advantage there.

I think the American market is too difficult 1 to crack, you have far too much competition, the private jet market is doing a good job with the pushing of pre-clearance and a lot of the golfing set are coming here as it's as quick to get here than to the west coast.

American's have money, yes, but so do Europeans, we aren't looking to get thousands off everyone, a couple of hundred of everyone will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Plenty of those boy racer scumbags on the Groody road now. The Gardai should get their finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

YFlyer wrote: »
    Plenty of those boy racer scumbags on the Groody road now. The Gardai should get their finger out.

Maybe if you rang them they would, I don't think they take calls from boards.ie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

I don't think they take calls from boards.ie!

:D

boy racer scumbags?? ....you mean auto enthusiasts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Xennon wrote: »
    :D

boy racer scumbags?? ....you mean auto enthusiasts?

Free head stone with every honda civic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Confirmation or something today? There is a bunch of that aged buachailli Agus cailini running riot on O'Connell street, last spotted going into chicken hut like the cast of big fat gypsy wedding. Party includes the red headed heir to the throne of the leading criminal family in the city, lovely suit and shoes on him in fairness.(really)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Confirmation or something today? There is a bunch of that aged buachailli Agus cailini running riot on O'Connell street, last spotted going into chicken hut like the cast of big fat gypsy wedding. Party includes the red headed heir to the throne of the leading criminal family in the city, lovely suit and shoes on him in fairness.(really)

the dundons or the keanes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Red hair? It would have to be the Dundons. I was going to set up a Keane tribute band, and call it "Dundon".

seachto7 wrote: »
    Red hair? It would have to be the Dundons. I was going to set up a Keane tribute band, and call it "Dundon".

yea but the dundon gang has been disintegrated. mccarthies turned on them as well. im pretty sure keane now controls the drug business of the mid west. unless there is someone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

crusier wrote: »
    Maybe if you rang them they would, I don't think they take calls from boards.ie!

I was too drunk from the bottle of wine and brandy drank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

My experience;

The city has a lot of cheap ****ty property within 1 km of the centre, this is why there are so many scumbags in the city, they can get away fast after causing trouble.

Weston/ Ballinacurra- drugs and gang families

Watergate flats- city centre; this area should have been knocked in the early 90s instead of been renovated, breathing ground of scumbags.

Johnsgate and surrounding area- another cheap rental area inner city hole, infested with scumbags.

Lots of old flats in Georgian buildings not even up to living standards, scum/ junkie heaven.

Mount kenneth and surrounding apt blocks are Slum city, cheap run down kips, drugs and Prostitution galore.

Garryowen has become a hotspot for wannabe 'do you know who I am' types who love the scumbag life.

The Island, nuke the whole place, bar the castle, cathedral and Georges Quay- what's not to say, it had one of the only estate's in Ireland that got completely locked down by CAB for about two weeks and they're proud of their 'culture'

Thomondgate- another area that again is becoming a scumbag breathing ground, probably 95% council rented.

Its the council and social welfare that's mostly to blame, allowing these areas to be ran by scumbag families, stop paying scumbags to have 6 kids and get a free house.

Limerick is trying to rise out of the ashes, but so long as these areas are lawless and close to the city centre, f**k all will change.

As for the halting sites, most in around limerick city are no-go's even for the Gardai.

Sorry but your wrong about Thomondgate. Alot of property there especially where I live is privately owned. Not many houses in the estate that I live in are council owned. Plus if its becoming a scumbag breathing ground not all of these scumbags live there. they come from Moyross and Kileely and congregate.

The parents are to blame they dont care where there kids are at night.

If my parents did not care what I was up to or did not instill manners in me I would be just like the scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Gardaí are investigating after a man was the victim of a drive-by brick attack last night.

It is thought to be part of a string of crimes carried out by a gang of youths in the Thomondgate area of Limerick.

The gang have been terrorising the local community for the past few weeks, local politicians and residents have said.

Father-of-three Gerry O'Donovan was driving in the area at 7.15pm last night when a brick was fired into the front passenger door of his family car.
    Terrified, Mr O'Donovan swerved his car, narrowly missing a head-on collision with a bus.

It is the second such attack in the area in recent days.

Meanwhile, local Labour councillor Frankie Daly, showed a car that had been stolen from the area and destroyed by the same gang.

He said the gang were "terrorising" normally quiet neighbourhood where there is a mostly elderly community.

There's a bad element creeping in.

A terrible story but the idea that this is something new to Thomondgate is a complete and utter myth. This has been happening there for years now.

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Sorry but your wrong about Thomondgate. Alot of property there especially where I live is privately owned.

And a lot of it is social housing, especially all the Respond houses at the back of Thomondgate.

whats garryowen like? private or social housing. a drive through there and i always see dodgy types

Roquentin wrote: »
    whats garryowen like? private or social housing. a drive through there and i always see dodgy types

See the previous comments regarding Thomondgate. It's the same.

Here's a recent story regarding Garryowen
    ELDERLY residents in Garryowen are being terrorised by a mob of up to 100 drunken teenagers that congregates in the area at weekends.

One man who has lived in Garryowen for over 50 years told the Limerick Post that swarms of boys and girls, aged between 14 and 18, have made life a “living hell” for older residents.

At weekends they gather on green areas from around 9pm and sometimes don’t leave until 6am the next morning.

Up to 30 wheelie bins were stolen and burnt out by the teenage mob during one recent rampage and residents fear that graffiti, such as “Garryowen is getting it”, may suggest gangland undertones.

“They wreck everything in their path. They’ve vandalised and ransacked homes, smashed windows, burnt out cars and wheelie bins and I’ve seen as many as 100 of them drunk over on the greens,” said the man, who asked not to be named for fear of reprisal.

“I’m afraid and I need to protect myself, but the community is in trouble here and people are very angry,” he claimed.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2015/03/12/teen-mob-terrorising-old-people-in-limerick/

And a lot of it is social housing, especially all the Respond houses at the back of Thomondgate.

That I am aware of but I don't think everyone that lives there is trouble.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Was up beside John square today...about four 8yr old scumbags with two dogs acting the bollox around the businesses based there, pity anyone who has the put up with them, no respect.

That I am aware of but I don't think everyone that lives there is trouble.

Fair load of them hanging around the Topaz station, would put anyone off using it, also at weekends their all causing a nuisance up by the off licence and chipper.

Fair load of them hanging around the Topaz station, would put anyone off using it, also at weekends their all causing a nuisance up by the off licence and chipper.

I see that myself and they often hang outside a house near me where a woman with health problems lives and she is terrified to come out of her house to confront them.

All these people are from Moyross I am told.

Plus when I was growing up my family were the target of these kind of people.

The parents need to be held accountable if the children are under 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

What can actually be done to stop these people from reproducing? It seems like things will only escalate. I can count on one hand the number of streets in Limerick city that I consider nice.

What can actually be done to stop these people from reproducing? It seems like things will only escalate. I can count on one hand the number of streets in Limerick city that I consider nice.

should be more police. the cycle is endless. you lock up one group and then the next generation comes along etc.

more police and more soccer pitches and more playstations.

The worrying thing is scumbags have 5 or 6 kids because they get paid to have them, us decent people only have 1 or 2 kids because we have to pay for our own....eventually the Scumbags will out-breed us :-(

Roquentin wrote: »
    should be more police. the cycle is endless. you lock up one group and then the next generation comes along etc.

more police and more soccer pitches and more playstations.

As a top Garda said about Limerick scum...if you think they're bad, wait till you see what's coming next.... (Meaning, their kids)

I see that myself and they often hang outside a house near me where a woman with health problems lives and she is terrified to come out of her house to confront them.

All these people are from Moyross I am told.

Plus when I was growing up my family were the target of these kind of people.

The parents need to be held accountable if the children are under 18.

Yes, I agree. Round them all up and fine their parents, be to be honest their parents are as bad.

The worrying thing is scumbags have 5 or 6 kids because they get paid to have them, us decent people only have 1 or 2 kids because we have to pay for our own....eventually the Scumbags will out-breed us :-(

I agree and I don't think these people really wanted kids they only had them to get Child Benefit.

I really do believe child benefit should be cut for those that are involved in anti social behaviour

I agree and I don't think these people really wanted kids they only had them to get Child Benefit.

I really do believe child benefit should be cut for those that are involved in anti social behaviour

All child benefit Scumbags and decent folk should be limited to 2 kids....Anyone can make a mistake or two....but fcuking 6 mistakes :-0

anyone from or used to be from moyross/st marys park/southill. i was looking at them in google maps and they seemed alright. not the derelict houses that we see in the media.

All child benefit Scumbags and decent folk should be limited to 2 kids....Anyone can make a mistake or two....but fcuking 6 mistakes :-0

I really don't think these people are making mistakes in having so many kids but seriously though if it was limited to 2 or 3 kids they would not have anymore.

I had a family near me, the mother was as bad as the two youngest kids and all have been to jail and one of the youngest kids is dead.

Its a ripple affect. If the parents dont work, the kids wont work and son on. I wonder what Limerick will be like in 10 years from now.

• Advertisement

need tougher jail sentences as well. some criminals need 80+ priors before they are locked up.

it should be three strikes and a mandatory 7 year prison sentence.

i will kind of defend teenagers a bit. when i was young we would get up to mischief. nothing like throwing bricks through windows. but mischief. luckily it wasnt too bad and we had play stations and sports to keep us entertained.

they badly need to get the kids off the streets, playing football or whatever. something that would distract them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement