Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of the scumbags in this city ** Mod Warning in Op **

12345679»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

seachto7 wrote: »
    There is a group of youngfellas hanging around the cruises st junction, by the icon these days who seem to be looking for scraps with anyone they fancy getting the better of these days. I saw them in action recently on a random youngfella.

So much for CCTV and the garda been proactive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

We do not have a pro-active police force in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

There is a group of youngfellas hanging around the cruises st junction, by the icon these days who seem to be looking for scraps with anyone they fancy getting the better of these days. I saw them in action recently on a random youngfella.

Did you ring the Guards?

Did you ring the Guards?

The inner city is supposedly all monitored by CCTV, this is why they tell the public there is no need to increase Garda patrolling arounf the city..because when they seen something on the CCTV like gangs of scumbags, they can send couple of Gardai down to them.......ya right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Did you ring the Guards?

The bouncers from a few nearby pubs stepped in.

I witnessed the same bouncers tackle a bunch of scumbags a few weeks later, one of the female scumbags pulled a stanley knife.
    They have yet to hear back from the Gardai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I witnessed the same bouncers tackle a bunch of scumbags a few weeks later, one of the female scumbags pulled a stanley knife.

Personally, if I was to witness all of what you just said, I would be in the garda station every day and complain until they kick me out.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Personally, if I was to witness all of what you just said, I would be in the garda station every day and complain until they kick me out.

You'd soon get tired of being in there and getting kicked out in that case.

Nothing that poster said is unusual at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,206 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You'd soon get tired of being in there and getting kicked out in that case.

Nothing that poster said is unusual at all.

You tried your hardest there to disagree with me. I exaggerated the point a little for effectiveness and people know that. If I had of seen that, I would be in Henry Street regularly until it got sorted.

Also, quote the part where I said anything was unusual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

called to a garda station lately re travellers robbing a bike..more or less told that sort of things going on everywhere these days , get over it?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

To be fair, they were out to me in no time anytime I called them.
    Scene of crime guys to dust the car and a followup callout to get the details of the break in.
    Called them when I saw a car I was sure was stolen (saw it on a facebook page) and they were out as quickly as you could expect a Ford Fiesta to make it all the way out from the "local" station.
    No positive outcome in either case but didn't realistically expect one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Those Galway hippies with their open-toed sandals are looking better and better as each post passes.

mikom wrote: »
    Those Galway hippies with their open-toed sandals are looking better and better as each post passes.

You can keep them. Galway, the graveyard of ambition. Scrape past the thin veneer of hippie Gaeilgeoir love and it's like everywhere else.

You can keep them. Galway, the graveyard of ambition. Scrape past the thin veneer of hippie Gaeilgeoir love and it's like everywhere else.

Maybe so but you can't deny that Galway is doing something right in terms of the atmosphere about the place, particularly in the summer months. It's always thronged with tourists and lots of decent festivals and the like going on.

Limerick doesn't have to ape after Galway or turn into its clone but we could badly do with taking a leaf out of their book in terms of making the place attractive to tourists, of which there is a dearth of in Limerick.

So we could do with a bit more ambition in that regard. More tourists = more money for local people = more jobs for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Only with less stanley knives/pimp canes, and more Apple data centres.........

If anywhere is a graveyard it is Limerick City. In April 2011 for example we had the highest unemployment in the country at 28.6%.

It seemed as though half the businesses in the city had closed down. You only have to loom at the thread here about business closures.

The graveyard of jobs. I suppose it is a slightly better moniker than Stab City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

If anywhere is a graveyard it is Limerick City. In April 2011 for example we had the highest unemployment in the country at 28.6%.

It seemed as though half the businesses in the city had closed down. You only have to loom at the thread here about business closures.

The graveyard of jobs. I suppose it is a slightly better moniker than Stab City.

You must have hated 2014...

750,000 people attending LCOC events
    10 FDI job announcements in the city/region
    27% fall in unemployment in the city
    12% increase in the Hotel room rate in the city, 12% the year before also
    20% growth in tourism

I'm guessing you will be part of this Fridays massive clean up of the city, over 10,000 people have signed up, you are part of the solution right?

You will get out of Limerick what you bring to it!

You must have hated 2014...

750,000 people attending LCOC events
    10 FDI job announcements in the city/region
    27% fall in unemployment in the city
    12% increase in the Hotel room rate in the city, 12% the year before also
    20% growth in tourism

I'm guessing you will be part of this Fridays massive clean up of the city, over 10,000 people have signed up, you are part of the solution right?

You will get out of Limerick what you bring to it!

Can you please provide a link to the source of those statistics?

As for the clean-up part of your post - nice attempt, not going to be drawn by your bait. And it has nothing to do with the topic to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Sickens my s**t when I see these scobes on the telly saying "we've natin to do like" . Its complete bull ,Jesus when I was young we had even less to do, and I certainly didn't go on the rob or vandalise or beating people up when I was bored . If we got in trouble in school wen we were kids you'd be dreadin going home cos you'd be leathered again!. No respect, no fear and no ambition in these little toe rags. Totally blame the parents of these wasters. I feel so sorry for genuine/ elderly people having to live alongside this trash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Can you please provide a link to the source of those statistics?

As for the clean-up part of your post - nice attempt, not going to be drawn by your bait. And it has nothing to do with the topic to boot.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/killarney-hotels-most-expensive-as-irish-room-rates-rise-10pc-31033432.html

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/live-register-figures-in-limerick-city-down-27-1-6627595

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/no-shortfall-to-council-after-limerick-city-of-culture-1-6475057

There is no press release about the FDI, some of the companies have not been named publicly for some reason (one is a major american car manufacturer which has been mentioned in this forum before), but that is what is driving the jobs growth, which is helping to fill all the restuarants and coffee shops that have opened in the last 18 months, and drive up rent prices also, even on this forum we have been seeing a lot of "moving to limerick" threads recently.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/mid-west-outstripping-dublin-in-job-creation-numbers-o-donnell-1-6452007

I am aware of a least another half dozen companies who are currently hiring in the region outside of the new FDIs including Northern Trust, Vistakon, EI electronics, Modular Automation.

There is no press release about the tourism figures but I am aware of the increase due to contacts within the business, ie King Johns Castle has doubled visitor numbers this year ( http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/king-john-s-castle-doubles-visitor-numbers-in-2014-1-6566608 ), and it is also helping to fill up the hotels which in turn drives up the room rates.

I know this thread is about something entirely different, but as always it goes off in a tangent, it is important that the city and its obvious social issues are discussed in context and not in hyperbole.

I take so you wont be joining your fellow citizens this Friday then...you're probably busy right.

Kind of half true. For certain types of jobs, there are none in Limerick. I'm in Dublin at the moment, and no way I'll get a job in what I'm doing in Limerick.
    I could probably pick up "a job" in Limerick, as opposed to something decent though.

I also cannot understand how, with a really well known art and design college / LSAD, most of the graduates have to leave to make a name for themselves.

Off topic though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

We need more people to come into the city to shop, eat etc. the one big issue is the exorbitant cost of parking in all the car parks.....for a few hours in the city you pay 7 to 8 euro. Why is there not a flat fee of €1 per hour. This would definitely encourage more decent people into the city which is improving but slowly....

I take so you wont be joining your fellow citizens this Friday then...you're probably busy right.

Who are you trying to deliberately bait me? You know NOTHING about me or what I do or don't do.

So your attempt to paint me as something I'm not is nothing more than a blatant attempt at ****stirring in this thread.

peppa 1986 wrote: »
    We need more people to come into the city to shop, eat etc. the one big issue is the exorbitant cost of parking in all the car parks.....for a few hours in the city you pay 7 to 8 euro. Why is there not a flat fee of €1 per hour. This would definitely encourage more decent people into the city which is improving but slowly....

Street parking 2e per ticket gives you 2hrs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Warnings handed out, attack the post not the post folks, next warnings will be bans. If you have a problem with a post, report it, if you have a problem with a poster you can block them or PM them for a direct conversation, don't drag a thread down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think this thread has ran it's course and is just leading to more and more mod actions so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement