Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a PS4..game recommends

Options
  • 17-03-2015 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

So getting a PS4 tomorrow...what games do you recommend?

Getting shadows of mordor with it and bloodborne next week.

Like the look of resogun...

EDIT:also have a gaming pc and a PS3 so looking for games unique to the PS4

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you've a Gaming PC other than bloodbourne and resign there's really feck all on the machine. PT is free and worth checking out. My PS4 is left with my parents since my PC does everything my PS4 does but will be getting collected for bloodbourne. You could try Killzone or Infamous but Killzone is crap and infamous is meh (although open world games aren't my thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So getting a PS4 tomorrow...what games do you recommend?

Getting shadows of mordor with it and bloodborne next week.

Like the look of resogun...

EDIT:also have a gaming pc and a PS3 so looking for games unique to the PS4

The free PS4 games on PS Plus are good. Valiant Hearts is a great game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

you pay to go online too , dont you? how much ids that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Are you not a PS+ member for your PS3? Same thing on PS4 but also it lets you play online. Same member ships works across PS4,PS3 and Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I'd recommend the last of us and infamous second son. Both can be picked up fairly cheap second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Get Helldivers. It is cross-buy so buying it on PS4 gets you the PS3 and Vita versions. Superb game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'd recommend GTA V. If you haven't played it on the PS3, then get it. If you have played it on the PS3 then get it anyway. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If you are playing online then Battlefield 4, can be got for very little and there's hundreds of hours and so much content to play with you be laughing.

Aside from that, Alien Isolation........ :D

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ArPharazon

Grim Fandango is only €15 on PSN!
    I've just started Dragon Age Inquisition and I'm enjoying it.

I was surprised that I enjoyed Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare as much as I did. It might have been because of the nice new graphics and last gen fatigue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Thanks for all the suggestions although most of the games wouldnt be my cup o'tae or I already have it for the ps3/pc.

Have shadow of mordor which is decent fun.Got my PS+ membership today so have just d/led valiant heart and what ive played so far its excellent.have abe's oddyesey downloading and blood borne next friday to look forward to.

Will defo be getting resogun and helldivers in the future but my poxy wallet has taken a battering this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

+1 The Last of Us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

skankles wrote: »
    +1 The Last of Us

+2 even!

I had it on ps3, bought the remaster for ps4 last week, am not disappoint. It was only 22 quid with the ps+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

+2 even!

I had it on ps3, bought the remaster for ps4 last week, am not disappoint. It was only 22 quid with the ps+

Yep, great game. I'm tempted to play through it again. Really atmospheric game. ND totally nailed it with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The gameplay feels very different on PS4 being so smooth at 60fps, I find it easier to take head shots at the start with no upgrades unlike the PS3 but that is probably me as I hate the DS3 controller sticks even to this day.

Advertisement