Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Area upgraded to efibre?

Options
  • 17-03-2015 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

I live in a rural community which does not have acess to efibre. Ive been told most i could receive is 5mb...since then eircom workers have installed underground fibre cable on my road for a soon to be opened motorway service area..is there anyway i can access fibre now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi

I live in a rural community which does not have acess to efibre. Ive been told most i could receive is 5mb...since then eircom workers have installed underground fibre cable on my road for a soon to be opened motorway service area..is there anyway i can access fibre now?
    Hi tylercheribini

If you would like to PM me your specific address or land line number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hi tylercheribini

If you would like to PM me your specific address or land line number I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Any developments?

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi tylercheribini

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Any developments?

Regards

I have discussed this with efibre operations who have confirmed that your address is too far from an efibre cabinet which has been authorized for eircoms efibre deployment plans.

While an underground fibre cable may be near this will not be offered to provide efibre broadband as the existing deployment of eircom efibre is based on FTTC ("fibre to the cabinet" basically meaning a fibre line to a VDSL cabinet which serves a copper line to the home)

As you will see from this map: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ there is no cabinet planned to in range to your home (the maximum range is 1.7 to 2KM).

Ultimately efibre planning have advised me that at present there is nothing we can do to offer you efibre broadband and until more plans are release we will have no indication to suggest when it will be available. I'm very sorry I can;t offer you better news on this

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Recently our broadband is intermittent at best, goes off completely for extended periods. A reboot of the router often proves futile.

Advertisement