Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre bursting in abbeyside

• 17-03-2015 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey is anybody in the abbeyside area beside me being plagued by Someone poping their tyres. I've been done now several times over the last few months.

Dunno who's doing it but it's becoming a headache.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

What is the make, model and year?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭hotshot88

2000 almera

Is it malicious you think?

Looking very likely. They're all sidewall pinhole punctures. if I had to guess probably done with a dart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

hotshot88 wrote: »
    Looking very likely. They're all sidewall pinhole punctures. if I had to guess probably done with a dart

Would you not go to the gaurds in relation to this???

• Advertisement

Would you not go to the gaurds in relation to this???

The guardie, too busy playing the wii and eating take away.

Been and made several reports but unless I suspect someone not much can be done. Dunno anyone who'd want to do it. I know someone was supposed to have been caught doing it all over abbeyside last year dunno who though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Happening at littlewood in slane also. Most people think its a scummy teenager with issues, as they say.
    It could be, in fairness. Could be a loopy local adult too. Guards wont be bothered doing anything because paycuts/levies etc. so you are on your own, if what i have seen is anyhing to go by.

Best I can do is become an insomniac and keep watch till someone tries it again

Been and made several reports but unless I suspect someone not much can be done. Dunno anyone who'd want to do it. I know someone was supposed to have been caught doing it all over abbeyside last year dunno who though
    Would you not make enquiries???

As this could easily run into a bill of several hundred
    How regular is it happening??
    Is it only weekends etc

• Advertisement

shedweller wrote: »
    Guards wont be bothered doing anything because paycuts/levies etc. so you are on your own, if what i have seen is anyhing to go by.

All they are doing now is walking around the town and housing estates, issuing tax fines in the posts. Anything but real crime.

Would you not make enquiries???

As this could easily run into a bill of several hundred
    How regular is it happening??
    Is it only weekends etc

Seems it does. I drive my car fine on the Friday. When I come to my car on Saturday my tyres would be in the process of deflation. Ya last time cost me 280

Seems it does. I drive my car fine on the Friday. When I come to my car on Saturday my tyres would be in the process of deflation. Ya last time cost me 280

Ok...it would seem to be a Friday night/sat morning issue

Next investigation should be which pubs hold their dart competition on the Friday night (I know there is a west Waterford league)
    And possibly identify anyone who would have reason to be passing your car (ie going home) that plays the darts????

While in no way professional....if you can narrow it down you might only need to watch the odd rare night!!
    Also have you crossed/pissed anyone off??

Ban darts now is it.

Ok...it would seem to be a Friday night/sat morning issue

Next investigation should be which pubs hold their dart competition on the Friday night (I know there is a west Waterford league)
    And possibly identify anyone who would have reason to be passing your car (ie going home) that plays the darts????

While in no way professional....if you can narrow it down you might only need to watch the odd rare night!!
    Also have you crossed/pissed anyone off??

No can't say I have. I live close to pubs so quite a few people pass the house going home on Friday.

No can't say I have. I live close to pubs so quite a few people pass the house going home on Friday.

Which estate are they passing through to though....failing that at least make enquires about the local dart league and see can you begin to narrow down people....I think there used be a column in the leader about the dart league....at least you'd know what nights to look out for

Have you a conspiracy theory on the darts tomwaterford?

Have you a conspiracy theory on the darts tomwaterford?

No....but I have a few faces in mind (wouldn't be sure on names)...but I know from around that they wouldn't be past doing something like this.....I'd imagine a few the same type around abbey side

Also the op said it was a dart like hole caused on a friday night....the night the dart league usually runs!!

Did the op say he had a hole on the wall?

Did the op say he had a hole on the wall?

Yes....post five

• Advertisement

To get from the pub to my estate they would need to go through the tracks. up round the kyne park Murphy place area

Yes....post five

Yep puncture in the tyre sidewall. Pinhole size

Yes....post five

True, are people really throwing darts at tyres?

To get from the pub to my estate they would need to go through the tracks. up round the kyne park Murphy place area

One last question before I sleep

Is it happening any other cars??

And I'm not sure the layout of kyne park....but is there much houses beyond you (or can you go to sea park that way!!) that someone could be just doing it passing??

I'd say sticking it while passing by. Either someone with nothing better to do Or Someone who thinks it's funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭worded

Is the answer is to make a minimum price for darts ? They are too cheap IMHO.

This is in line for the same thing planned for alcohol.

I heard a tree hit a car last year. All trees should be cut down

Nope just mine. Bloke from the tyre place down the road said there was a spat of tyre puncture last year But no one I knew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭worded

Another idea, leave a dart board on your front door and hook up a sensor to sound when a dart hits it?

worded wrote: »
    Is the answer is to make a minimum price for darts ? They are too cheap IMHO.

This is in line for the same thing planned for alcohol.

I heard a tree hit a car last year. All trees should be cut down
    :confused:

Op....try identify anyone who might be passing....though given this is Dungarvan....they could be coming from any number of pubs

• Advertisement

Tomwaterford can a dart penetrate?

Advertisement