Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara challenge 2015

Options
  • 17-03-2015 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I've set myself a challenge of doing the Connemara challenge.

I've been overweight for years and finally decided that this was my year to change.

Can anyone advise me of the best training I shouldbe doing.

I currently do boxercise 2 times a week, insanity once and spinning every day.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

yakkson wrote: »
    Hi,

I've set myself a challenge of doing the Connemara challenge.

I've been overweight for years and finally decided that this was my year to change.

Can anyone advise me of the best training I shouldbe doing.

I currently do boxercise 2 times a week, insanity once and spinning every day.

Many thanks

What's the Connemara challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 yakkson

It's a Gael force challenge 32k, run,cycle,kayak in total

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nok2008

Those classes are great in themselves but you will still have to get out there and put the miles through the legs to get the distance built up. Presuming trail running involved so u will also have to do some trails

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

You do insanity once a week? :confused:

For training, spinning in a gym is a starting point but cannot prepare you for cycling up and down hills in this kind of event.

Get thee a bike and get outside! Find hills and start loving them. Embrace headwind :)

Advertisement