Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOS: Fold out chair bed?

Options
  • 17-03-2015 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not...
    Anyone know where we could get a cheap foldout chair bed? Dh fed up of sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag in an attempt to get our 3yo to sleep past 5am. It's been going on for a year now off and on. And we are exhausted. Having a 1yo who still wakes and joins us doesn't help either.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Would you consider buying a gro clock instead?

No sure where you are in the country but pagoda in the lillac centre have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

IKEA do single beds that fold into a chair, comfortable both as a bed and a chair and not too pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

John Mason wrote: »
    Would you consider buying a gro clock instead?

No sure where you are in the country but pagoda in the lillac centre have them

Have one. It worked great at the start. Then toilet training ballsed that up...
    Incidentally: amazon do the groclocks for £20. If you spend £25 delivery is free... At the time I saved a tenner getting it from amazon and it came to the door!

nikpmup wrote: »
    IKEA do single beds that fold into a chair, comfortable both as a bed and a chair and not too pricey.

Had looked online but could only see one over €100? Will look again. Tx. Saw one online at £30gbp plus £15 delivery.... And littlewoods have one at €85. I was hoping to get one for €50 or less... Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic and mean!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

If your husbands going to be sleeping on it - spend a few bob! His back will thank you for it! Either that or get an inflatable mattress, I've spent many a night sleeping on them and they're fairly comfy.

Edit: this is the one I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I'm confused. Why is your husband in a sleeping bag on the floor?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm confused. Why is your husband in a sleeping bag on the floor?

I blame him so make him do penance by turfing him onto the floor!
    ...and in reality, it has been the only way we could get the little sod to get back into his bed quietly. We have tried taking him into the spare bed, into our bed, cuddling up with him. All of which are too exciting for him. At least this way, whilst he might not go back to sleep, he does rest. And dh gets a few more zzzzs on the floor too. I know it's totally daft and before I had kids I would have scoffed at anyone else doing this and bought them a few super nanny DVDs. But the shoe is on the other foot now...

Tx to all for posting recommendations of chairs.
    Had seen the argos and ikea ones... Littlewoods also do them delivered for €85 which would work better for us where we live. He slept til 6.10 today and then stayed put 'reading' til the sun came back on his clock...fingers crossed this is the start of an improvement... Anything after 6am seems doable. How times have changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

You could try one of these I have one use it for fishing or when I have guests around to stay never had any complaints and you can fold them and put them away when not needed

• Advertisement
Advertisement