Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Process - Budget of around €100

Options
  • 17-03-2015 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Trying to get into the cooking game, and seems like one of these is essential. No idea where to start and what is good. Any suggestions? As the title says, budget of around 100 euro!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Just go for one with the highest watts you can get within your budget. More watts = more power when it comes to chopping and mixing. You should be able to get 650 watts plus for that money.

A food processor is very handy but nowhere near as essential for cooking as a good sharp knife in my experience. If you don't already have a decent sharpening steel and a chef's knife I'd spend the 100euro on them instead.

Either way, have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I agree, a food processor, while a handy thing to have, would be way down on my list of priorities when looking to get started in cooking. A good knife or two, and some good quality pans would be far more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Cheers all, trying to follow a cookbook and a lot of the receipes use food processors. I know you could use a knife but want to make my life as easy as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Advertisement