Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    so I won't go and see IKeano now. Remember the story is over 10 years old now. It was'nt that pivotal an event really.

Are you joking? I can well remember that summer in 2002 and the entire country was consumed by it!!!!

The Tommy Gorman interview alone was probably RTE's most watched broadcast that year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

judges who give out stupidly lenient sentences for rapes and murders. would they be as flippant if it were one of their own?

'homosexuals' just strikes me as an outdated and kinda derogatory term used by the older generation from conservative times to enforce an 'us and them' way of thinking. does anyone even say it anymore? 'oh them homosexuals' it sounds like a different breed or something.

hate being bothered when im trying to cook or prepare food. 'dont do it that way'' ''not at that temperature'' 'no no no, you're doing it arseways''or anything along those lines sends me up the wall. why don't you cook the ****ing thing then? I don't care for any assistance, if I wanted it i'd ask for it, LEAVE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Why does traffic slow down when it's raining? FFS Just turn on your wipers and keep her lit!
    And w@nkers who drive in this weather with no lights. WTF? I met several today. I mean how stupid and how dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

People who wear clothes that don't fit them. If you're a size large then stop wearing a size small. Nobody needs to see the various muffin tops going on!

anncoates wrote: »
    Like the moron beside me that looks like she's reading this as I type it.
    Did she look away afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

gammygils wrote: »
    Why does traffic slow down when it's raining? FFS Just turn on your wipers and keep her lit!

Errr, wet roads increase braking distances, esp heavy rain and after a long dry spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

That one buggery little hair that is just impossible to get when plucking my eyebrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: People who don't slow down when it's raining and who obviously haven't a clue about braking distances.
    I mean how stupid and how dangerous

indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,195 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Silver coloured cars.

Yup, you read that right. Silver coloured cars.

Plain, boring and currently ubiquitous.

No individuality. No imagination. Boring boring boring..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Did she look away afterwards?

I moved to another seat pretty much after writing it. :)

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Silver coloured cars.

Strangely, I know exactly what you mean and I dislike them too. A silver car does not make any impact colour wise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

ratmouse wrote: »
    Strangely, I know exactly what you mean and I dislike them too. A silver car does not make any impact colour wise!

People buy them because when the paint starts to fade it looks less noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Silver coloured cars.

Silver coloured cars with drivers who don't put on their lights in rain/overcast days, in generally low light times. They turn completely invisible :eek:!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Silver coloured cars.

Sorry about that, but it was cheap:D

People buy them because when the paint starts to fade it looks less noticeable.

The fading paint makes the car look less less noticeable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

"Will I cut that in half for you?" , wrecks my head, whats worse is when they cut it in half without asking or the hairy eye they give you when you say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Silver coloured cars.

In fairness there's "silver" and "silver", from BMW/Mercedes-Benz Pocket-Battleship Light Grey to 2001 Nissan Almera Hobby-Shop Silver-Leaf. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,195 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

jimgoose wrote: »
    In fairness there's "silver" and "silver", from BMW/Mercedes-Benz Pocket-Battleship Light Grey to 2001 Nissan Almera Hobby-Shop Silver-Leaf. :pac:

Well, for argument's sake I'll say Nissan Micra silver :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Well, for argument's sake I'll say Nissan Micra silver :pac:

In the quiet words of William Wallace, burn it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

When retailers don't update their prices. I ordered something from England for Mr Pumpkinseeds, it's our anniversary next month and the gift is a handmade thing that's really hard to find and will probably sell out very fast over the next couple of weeks. Anyway, the price advertised is 10 euro less than what they took from my bank account. It's only a tenner, but it's the principal of the matter. Still, no point in quibbling with them, there's only 1 other place that I could get something similar but it wouldn't be as nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Crazy high electricity bill came this morning :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Ryan Tubridy criticising his guests' behaviour on the LLS in the media to promote himself in a positive way, knob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I had a window seat on the luas going home and there was a huge grease stain on the window right next to me. It really grossed me out, whoever left it must have dipped their head in vegetable oil before rubbing their head on the glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

HEY ATM MACHINES! €130 IS a multiple of 50s and 20s so wtf is with the message "this machine only stocks €50 and €20 notes please select another amount". I don't want 2 or 3 50s I want 20s.

Simple feckin Maths.

Choochtown wrote: »
    HEY ATM MACHINES! €130 IS a multiple of 50s and 20s so wtf is with the message "this machine only stocks €50 and €20 notes please select another amount". I don't want 2 or 3 50s I want 20s.

Simple feckin Maths.

But how do you get 130 in 20's?

eisenberg1 wrote: »

They said 20s and 50s so four 20s and one 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Choochtown wrote: »

Simple feckin Maths.
    eisenberg1 wrote: »

1 x 50, 4 x 20

They said 20s and 50s so four 20s and one 50
    bonzodog2 wrote: »
    1 x 50, 4 x 20

Ok, I thought is was required in 20's

That's my story and I am sticking to it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

They won't give €110 (50 and 3x20s) anymore either but they will give out €120.

It's a plot to make us carry big ugly 50s or take out more than we need.

This evil needs to be stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Silver coloured cars with drivers who don't put on their lights in rain/overcast days, in generally low light times. They turn completely invisible :eek:!!!!!!

That would be the police in the UK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you print on both sides of the page to save money but they charge you for the toner not the paper so it's the same price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

People with bad eyesight who can't see certain colours of cars. Strip them of their licence I say :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Not recognising someone who clearly knows you. Some lady said hello to me the other day, by her tone she clearly knows/thinks she knows me. I have no idea who she is.:confused:

Not recognising someone who clearly knows you. Some lady said hello to me the other day, by her tone she clearly knows/thinks she knows me. I have no idea who she is.:confused:

:D this morning as I am going in to work, a bloke to my right, give a big hearty "morning, and how are you.." I am a bit puzzled, but figure he knows me, so I respond with an equally hearty " ah great, and yourself?" Only for him to stare past me and continue with ".....Maureen, and how is Frank?" As he looked at the woman who was approaching from my left.

Liamalone wrote: »
    People with bad eyesight who can't see certain colours of cars. Strip them of their licence I say :P

Maybe it's the fact that the cars are silver!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Maybe it's the fact that the cars are silver!!

If it was a problem then surely silver cars would be illegal? I have never heard anyone moan about silver cars until this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA that I have a slight migraine after football ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My kitten was all snuggled up on me, snoozing and looking cute. I waited until she woke up to put her downstairs to her bed. Now I really miss her!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I've chili in my eye. I'm seeing red. Get it?

Liamalone wrote: »
    If it was a problem then surely silver cars would be illegal? I have never heard anyone moan about silver cars until this thread.

People probably had no forum from which to moan about said colour car before!

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    TA that I have a slight migraine after football ffs

So that's why they get paid so much.

eternal wrote: »
    So that's why they get paid so much.

Who?

kfallon wrote: »
    Who?

Professional footballers of course :pac:

Neighbours overfilling their wheelie bins so that they overflow and then loose rubbish blows all over the housing estate.

eternal wrote: »
    Professional footballers of course :pac:

This was after my 5 a side!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭fruttituttii

When your so tired you do stupid things, like now I just put soap on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

When people need you.
    That's when they contact you. They talk to you. They unload their problems.
    Then once their lives take an upturn............Pooofff...they're gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Bursting another hose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

Bursting another hose.

#Sexproblems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Neighbours overfilling their wheelie bins so that they overflow and then loose rubbish blows all over the housing estate.

Are you the person that put the brick on my wheelie bin yesterday??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement