Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I feel like I stepped into some bizarre "twilight zone" on the bus here where the two young girls in the seats beside me are noshing down on chinese takeaway, and the group of young lads taking up all the seats at the back of the bus are talking about "oh 5% body fat is the lowest you can go" something, so curiosity got the better of me as I had to check did a young man actually come out with something so stupid, the ballsqueezer wearing wimp had his feet up on the arm rests of the seat in front like he was stirruped up about to give birth to an iphone any minute... :rolleyes:

*earphones in, sunglasses on*, that's better (just in time too as the two young ones have started singing along to Rihanna! :D)

:D can't stop laughing, what an image... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Fruit flies landing in my wine glass! They only seem to do it when the glass is full...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Stuck a sofa up on gumtree, free if collected (it's damn near perfect, just dont need it in my next gaff), some lad rang and said he'd be around within the hour. 80 mins later, no sign, rang him and said he's "15 minutes away". Waste of 2 hours on a Saturday evening.
    Thankfully have a backup coming round for it tomorrow. But what's the point of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I have the heating on:o....and Im still cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

The Irish weather, wind rain and cold in July, Grrr.

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »

Get out there and run around the block. Failing that - Whiskey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

May have posted about her before but Amanda (my best friend is Bono) Brunker is now on television. Very TA that this eejet is getting airtime anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

"Saturday night with Miriam", it's bloody awful! :(

Also, in-laws in charge of the remote control :pac:

Jaysus, how did you let that happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Someone called to the house a few weeks ago and it was a hot day but I'd been inside all day and the house is so cold. I felt like a right idiot because she was there in a pair shorts and there was me with a fleecy jumper, hat, scarf and trousers. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Common schoolboy tactical error. I usually sit on it, along with all the valuables in the house, like Smaug the Dragon. You're going to need a broadsword, at least! :)

Samsgirl wrote: »
    May have posted about her before but Amanda (my best friend is Bono) Brunker is now on television. Very TA that this eejet is getting airtime anywhere.

She never shuts up about her boobs either, I mean, she's still an attractive woman and all, but christ would she ever stop with the boobs and the pretend cringe when she's like "I was Miss Ireland" :pac:

She never shuts up about her boobs either, I mean, she's still an attractive woman and all, but christ would she ever stop with the boobs and the pretend cringe when she's like "I was Miss Ireland" :pac:

Attractive? She is all right like, but I bet she cant make a good cup of tea.

Menas wrote: »
    Attractive? She is all right like, but I bet she cant make a good cup of tea.
    Do you think that most men wonder about her tea making skills when they look at her:confused: Come on Menas who are you kidding:P

Do you think that most men wonder about her tea making skills when they look at her:confused: Come on Menas who are you kidding:P

Yes! Sure what is the fun in some wonderful love making when you know that there is a cup of badly made tea facing you in the morning?

Just me huh?

Menas wrote: »
    Yes! Sure what is the fun in some wonderful love making when you know that there is a cup of badly made tea facing you in the morning?

Just me huh?
    Youre getting old:D

Youre getting old:D

:mad:
    You are on the ignore list!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People that come barrelling straight out of a shop doorway into the street without looking and clatter into me :mad: the bookies are bad for this, people checking their slips as they leave.

EDIT: Posting in the wrong feckin' thread :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Nathan. Carter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Just had some very bad news and am utterly bloody gutted.
    Does that count as TA? :(

Smidge wrote: »
    Just had some very bad news and am utterly bloody gutted.
    Does that count as TA? :(

Gosh, sounds more than trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Gosh, sounds more than trivial.

Guess it doesnt qualify for the thread so :o:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Smidge wrote: »
    Guess it doesnt qualify for the thread so :o:)

Hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Smidge wrote:
    Just had some very bad news and am utterly bloody gutted. Does that count as TA?

:( sending hugs x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Cleaning the fridge when something has gone off and emptied everywhere.

mud wrote: »
    Nathan. Carter.

He's adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

When you ask someone how they are and they wax on for five minutes and then don't have the courtesy to return the question. To me its the height of ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Very Bored wrote: »
    When you ask someone how they are and they wax on for five minutes and then don't have the courtesy to return the question. To me its the height of ignorance.

I always answer "fabulous". It confuses people as they are expecting the stock irish answer: "not bad".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Celebrity clickbait headline sh1t - taylor swift farted and everyone lost their minds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Eating a Magnum - some sneaky fragment of chocolate falls off unnoticed and melts on your clothes.....grrrrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why can't there be a standard size for belt loops on trousers. Bought a new pair of jeans and the loops are so small none of my belts will fit through them . Yaaarg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Why can't there be a standard size for belt loops on trousers. Bought a new pair of jeans and the loops are so small none of my belts will fit through them . Yaaarg!

Length of baling twine will fit through them loops no bother. Either that or crack open the biscuit & put on weight so you will squeeze into the jeans.

Leads onto my TA, what do people think when they are wearing clothes that are welded onto them. Would love for them to get a bad case of the runs & be struggling to pull down their painted on clothes in time.

I didn't realise that my gold leggings were transferable. There's gold everywhere, on the floors, carpet, bed, all over my hair and body. It's like a harem here. It's going to take a lot of cleaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Those awful ads for those pedicure devices. I don't want to watch someone file dead skin off their feet, blergh! Especially not while I'm eating a cookie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

mud wrote: »
    Nathan. Carter.

It turns out there was a Nathan C gig on TV last night.

I was TA about the fact that wagon f**king wheel was played in every pub I visited last night. :mad:

Just die.

Very upset that I haven't needed to post here lately much but I broke my handmade favourite pottery mug. I never break things. Devastated completely. I loved that mug. How does drinking coffee from churned out factory cups suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Bad sitcoms about a bunch of quirky twenty somethings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

razorblunt wrote: »
    Stuck a sofa up on gumtree, free if collected (it's damn near perfect, just dont need it in my next gaff), some lad rang and said he'd be around within the hour. 80 mins later, no sign, rang him and said he's "15 minutes away". Waste of 2 hours on a Saturday evening.
    Thankfully have a backup coming round for it tomorrow. But what's the point of that?

Just to add to this, had the first refusal lad pop around today, told him the story said that he buys gaffs to rent so often tries to get decent freebies and said he's often got to the door of someone offering something for free and they never answer the door having answered texts and calls the whole time. That's even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Eating a Magnum - some sneaky fragment of chocolate falls off unnoticed and melts on your clothes.....grrrrrr

Usually falls in between my cleavage :o

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Just to add to this, had the first refusal lad pop around today, told him the story said that he buys gaffs to rent so often tries to get decent freebies and said he's often got to the door of someone offering something for free and they never answer the door having answered texts and calls the whole time. That's even worse.

Time wasters. Pet hate with this type of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Really bugs me when someone enters a text in quiz on tv or the radio. Their name is selected and the show host phones them and tells them they've won , eg, €10000. They barely flinch and hardly say thank you. It's almost like giving them the money is someone inconveniencing them!! Ungrateful sods!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If there is a chocolate stain just say to yourself it doesn't count unless you actually seen it falling.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Usually falls in between my cleavage :o

You need any help resolving that TA?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Hoovering near a bed and suddenly, the fitted sheet gets sucked into the pipe. I just started work today and this happened so many times :o

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

When the media say "Pal". Who even says that?!

The whole tone is worrying - "Three pals killed in early morning horror smash" (Indo today).

Everything in the papers is Horror, Smash, Tragic.

24 euros to replace a less sleek version of my mug. RIP mug, many the coffee was supped from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Is there a way I can block my browser from displaying any mentions online of Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and Jennifer Lawrence?

I'm constantly gagging from the media's insistence on shoving those over-exposed lick-arses down our throats!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Pepper (my kitten) has her claws out today. She's scratched my sister, scratched the curtains, attacked me when I stopped her from eating our other cats dinner and scratched me on the stomach when I stopped her eating our pizza.

Evil little git. Don't know what's gotten into her today.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Pepper (my kitten) has her claws out today. She's scratched my sister, scratched the curtains, attacked me when I stopped her from eating our other cats dinner and scratched me on the stomach when I stopped her eating our pizza.

Evil little git. Don't know what's gotten into her today.

A moody female? Never!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement